Follow

Jimmy Olsen

Character » Jimmy Olsen appears in 3908 issues.

Jimmy Olsen is a photojournalist working at the Daily Planet, as well as a close friend of both Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

Jenny Jimmy

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

I am still formulating some thoughts about blogs about the Man of Steel. One topic which I didn't really notice at all was the gender switch of Jimmy to Jenny. Others have pointed out that it is indeed not a real gender change, as a closeup on her badge indicates that her name is Jenny Jurwich not Jenny Olsen, but the role was essentially the same.

No Caption Provided

One of my impressions of the way that the movie was presented was that I liked the revamped origin story, but a question which came to mind was with the new emphasis on a destiny for the character, that there is really no reason why Superman had to be a man. I should clarify that, I know that babies come as either male or female, but so too would Jor-El and he wouldn't not place his hopes in the child if it were a girl. With that thought in mind, I didn't mind so much that the Jimmy Olsen character got reimagined (as of course Superman could not be reimagined with a gender switch). Some might say that all she did was to play a damsel in distress for Perry White to rescue, but what else does Jimmy Olsen usually do other than to bascially perform the same function. I for one liked it, and I think in the sequel that they can improve on the character a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.