Jim Steranko man of his time and before his time

#1 Posted by Mach (171 posts) - - Show Bio

As for Artist go there are very few people, would call good, and even fewer that I would rate master. As far that goes my favorite they as this Jim Steranko, Jack Kirby, Tony DiTerlizzi & Alex Ross. Jim Steranko is one of the few that class as master and even a true master , if one think about it one of his cover is sought as much non comic fan. as for artwork of 1960's he and Andy Warhol are among the best . In alot of way he took comic book art to a new leavel that is why I call him a master.

S.T.T.B

Mach

#2 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

He sure is. Too bad I haven`t read a single story by him.

#3 Posted by trailofdead (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Steranko did amazing work. Way ahead of this time. He infused cinema into comics. I love the use of panels to convey "camera" motion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.