Follow

Jim Shooter

Person » Jim Shooter is credited in 3883 issues.

James Shooter is a comic book writer, occasional fill-in artist, editor, and publisher. He worked at Marvel Comics for almost 25 years, before (co-)founding Valiant Comics, Defiant Comics, and Broadway Comics. He has also appeared as a character in a number of stories.

Jim Shooter speaks in Pittsburgh

Avatar image for StrongProtector
    StrongProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

Edited By StrongProtector

At the 2010 Pittsburgh Comics and Collectibles Convention, I had the honor to speak with comics legend Jim Shooter. Jim is best known for creating Superman villain Parasite and serving as Marvel Editor-in-Chief from 1976-1987. Currently, Jim is serving as the primary writer for Dark Horse's new Doctor Solar and Magnus series. 

-Ray Carsillo
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By turoksonofstone

You are Awesome for this.

suicidejocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By suicidejocky

Wow, I remember going to a convention where Jim Shooter was there promoting Valiant Comics and this is not the man I remember. The sheer self importance he carried back then is not present now.  

Nice interview.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

I remember a time when Jim Shooter seemed (in my mind, at least) second only to Stan Lee in importance in the comic book genre.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @suicidejocky said:
    " Wow, I remember going to a convention where Jim Shooter was there promoting Valiant Comics and this is not the man I remember. The sheer self importance he carried back then is not present now.   Nice interview. "
    I hesitated to approach him during his tenure with Defiant for his ever-present scowl. Still he is a Living Legend of The Silver/Bronze/Modern age and won't get the credit he deserves in his lifetime.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.