San Diego Comic-Con 2009: Jim McCann

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

Good interview. Glad to see writers get on the site and enjoy it as much as he does

#2 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim McCann is awesome.  I love seeing him at the Marvel panels.

Staff
#3 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this guy seems just as excited to be there as you Babs. 

#4 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

yes they like our site

#5 Posted by SirSparkington (340 posts) - - Show Bio

I like these quick interviews. Also I believe there was a guy taking a picture of you near the end of the video Babs.

#6 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Its cool hearing how he uses the site

#7 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim McCann seems like a really great person, very enthusiastic and passionate about comics and his work.  The fact he is familiar with ComicVine and uses the site is even more awesome.  Right at the start of the interview I knew I liked this guy.  Very nice interview. 

#8 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I was too distracted by the kids trying to get into the video and that weird guy at the end who took a photo of you.

#9 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

guy seems a little dazzeled himself.

#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

JIm is such a cool guy......

I got to talk to him after both Marvel panels on thursday.....He actually talked to me because I asked him what was it like to have his job!!!

He is really cool! I think as a person he just became my fav writer!

#11 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Did guys see that Dexter season 4 banner in the background? =)

Man I can't wait for some new Dexter. I read that John Lithgow will be the new killer in the season called the Trinity Killer & Lundley(Keith Carradine) will be back, Season 4 is gonna be a gooood one.

#12 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHA! Those kids were probably annoying the hell out of you guys.

#13 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

no camera time for you asian children

there lucky not to be cut out

#14 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

Original West Coast Avengers??? Does that include Arachne???? please please.

AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE JIM now...  we're so getting married, and going to come up with fantastic adventures for Alison Blaire.
#15 Posted by mrsummers (88 posts) - - Show Bio

nice guy

#16 Posted by Risky (12616 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his perspective on things, his oppinion about Mockingbird especially.

#17 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
" I like his perspective on things, his oppinion about Mockingbird especially. "
it does bother me that she is on a team with someone like Ms. Marvel and they're both taking down the same enemies with relative ease.
#18 Posted by Risky (12616 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Risky said:
" I like his perspective on things, his oppinion about Mockingbird especially. "
it does bother me that she is on a team with someone like Ms. Marvel and they're both taking down the same enemies with relative ease.
"
Haven't read it yet, can't agree or disagree with you. They shouldn't have the same easygoing with enemies, for sure. But even with highly powered people like Ms. Marvel on that team Mockingbird should still shine simply because she has the courage to confront the same people like Missie without even having superpowers.
#19 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Risky said:
"
Haven't read it yet, can't agree or disagree with you. They shouldn't have the same easygoing with enemies, for sure. But even with highly powered people like Ms. Marvel on that team Mockingbird should still shine simply because she has the courage to confront the same people like Missie without even having superpowers. "
i was just speaking in general and thinking back to how she held her own in New Avengers 50. She's the weakest on the team and yet... she had no problem taking down the hood's gang. 
#20 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim is one of the truest and most talented writers and personalities in comics today, and a personably real and genuine man. The mere idea of his working on Dazzler and Mockingbird is a dream unto itself. And he's completely right about ComicVines scans!! 8D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.