The Torch? (Help Please)

#1 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone been reading this series? I was just wondering if it was worth picking up, I just bought, and read, Avengers/Invaders and come across this book and was just wondering if it was good. 

Also on a side note: If some could possible clear up what the heck is up with Toro after Avengers/Invaders? The series really made love the Invaders and I was just wondering if anyone knew what Marvel's done with him since his return.

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the Torch mini, to be honest I don't believe Toro has made an appearance in anything other then Avengers/Invaders and now the Torch mini.

Its almost over so if you can pick it up I recommend it, but if you can wait I'd just get the trade. I would love if Toro and The Human Torch played a part in the Seige, bring the band back together you'd have Cap, Bucky, Torch, Toro, Namor... almost all the original Invaders.

#3 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
"I really like the Torch mini, to be honest I don't believe Toro has made an appearance in anything other then Avengers/Invaders and now the Torch mini.  Its almost over so if you can pick it up I recommend it, but if you can wait I'd just get the trade. I would love if Toro and The Human Torch played a part in the Seige, bring the band back together you'd have Cap, Bucky, Torch, Toro, Namor... almost all the original Invaders. "

I think Union Jack and Spitfire are still around. But thanks for the update on Toro, and I think that's what I'm going to do and just wait for the Trade. Thanks for the help, Nova'.
#4 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the first issue couldn't get into it

#5 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"I read the first issue couldn't get into it "

I'm not a big fan of Toro, but Jim was also ways a character that I found interesting, maybe because he's one of the first Marvel heroes, or the fact that he's just interesting and doesn't get enough credit for what he's done for Marvel.
#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
I'm not a big fan of Toro, but Jim was also ways a character that I found interesting, maybe because he's one of the first Marvel heroes, or the fact that he's just interesting and doesn't get enough credit for what he's done for Marvel. "
I got his essentials he was bad ass back in the day
#7 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @War Killer said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
I'm not a big fan of Toro, but Jim was also ways a character that I found interesting, maybe because he's one of the first Marvel heroes, or the fact that he's just interesting and doesn't get enough credit for what he's done for Marvel. "
I got his essentials he was bad ass back in the day "
I just think he's such a big hero that he needs more then just a Camp named after him in the MU, along with the rest of the Invaders, I mean they were the Avengers of WWII, and should really get more credit for what they did for Marvel then they are getting, I really would like to see some more writers trying to show how the Marvek Universe came to be, like what their doing with Marvel Project
#8 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Not a problem. I am glad I could help you out.

And I know about Union Jack and Spitfire, but last I recall they were dealing with vampires in the none canceled MI-13, highly underrated book by Marvel. And I agree the original Invaders get no were near the amount of attention that say the JSA gets in DC. At least they tried to relaunch the Invaders with New Invaders, which I thought was awesome. I guess the only way they'll get their time in the sun is if I kick Joey Q out of his office and take over as E&C.
#9 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to beat the greatest generation...
#10 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@whirlwind6 said:
"It's hard to beat the greatest generation... "
You've got that right.
#11 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" I got his essentials he was bad ass back in the day "
Does that cover the story where he vaporized Hitler?
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:
actually he is the first marvel hero

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.