Follow

Jim Hammond

Character » Jim Hammond appears in 1092 issues.

The original Human Torch, who fought in the second World War and was a member of the Invaders, is a synthetic human created by Professor Phineas T. Horton. He is also (publishing-wise) the first ever Marvel super-hero!

So did Marvel?

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By katanalauncher

Just forgot that he's back? 
    Ever since him and Toro came back they haven't appear in any other titles;haven't reconcile with old friends; and haven't appeared in any crossover event. 
    WTF Marvel, they are very important characters.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe
    @katanalauncher: They aren't Wolverine or Spiderman so Marvel won't give them any attention
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By Dracade102

You'd think the guy who supposedly bumped off Hitler would've been given more respect... 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Dracade102: Only problem with that Marvel forgets these things, in one issue of the Avengers Bucky admitted to killing Hitler, in other comics it was Wolverine. So they don't know who really killed Hitler, I am going with Torch because I like him better. I was happy when they brought him back and was hoping we can have an Invaders reunion in Avengers and promoting Torch, Cap, and Namor with Iron Man and Thor. But I think the bigger problem is to many people don't know who THE Human Torch is, they would confuse him for Johnny Storm.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By Dracade102
    @Nova`Prime`: I think if they brought him back now after Johnny died, It would be more appropriate. If they at the very least gave him a name change or something I'd deem that acceptable... I really liked that character, and according to a documentary I saw he was a pretty note-worthy piece of history, being one of the first super heroes to meet another hero (in his case, Namor) outside of his own series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.