How is his name pronounced?

#1 Posted by MrDirector786 (43416 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how Jhiaxus' name is supposed to be pronounced.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22306 posts) - - Show Bio

not 100% sure but I always read it has JAHACKSUS

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

not 100% sure but I always read it has JAHACKSUS

...I know I'm occasionally always immature but... lol

#4 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@danhimself said:

not 100% sure but I always read it has JAHACKSUS

...I know I'm occasionally always immature but... lol

lol
#5 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps, Jhou. Or just be naive and go "Jee Axus'

#6 Posted by danhimself (22306 posts) - - Show Bio

@Archlord said:

Perhaps, Jhou. Or just be naive and go "Jee Axus'

I don't think there's anything naive about it....this is a Cybertronian...their names and pronunciation don't have to fit with ours

#7 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Archlord said:

Perhaps, Jhou. Or just be naive and go "Jee Axus'

I don't think there's anything naive about it....this is a Cybertronian...their names and pronunciation don't have to fit with ours

The proper pronunciation is Jeffrey.

#8 Posted by MrDirector786 (43416 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, according to wikipedia it's pronounced Gee-Axe-Us. But I don't know how reliable that is. Maybe if someone has ever heard Simon Furman or some other writer pronounce it. If I ever meet him, I will definitely ask him how he pronounces Jhiaxus' name.

#9 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Archlord said:

Perhaps, Jhou. Or just be naive and go "Jee Axus'

I don't think there's anything naive about it....this is a Cybertronian...their names and pronunciation don't have to fit with ours

Cool, so I suppose it could sound like a couple of bleeps. Or whatever sounds a Transformer makes.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11147 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@ReVamp said:

@danhimself said:

not 100% sure but I always read it has JAHACKSUS

...I know I'm occasionally always immature but... lol

lol

This made me laugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.