Follow

J.H. Williams III

Person » J.H. Williams III is credited in 447 issues.

American comic book artist most known for his exquisite painted artwork on Promethea with Alan Moore and on Detective Comics with Greg Rucka.

J.H. Williams Batman Collection Coming Soon.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Hi Everyone.

I've just seen on this website here that there'll be a collected edition of J.H. Williams' Batman issues released early next year.

Tales of the Batman: J.H. Williams III

I haven't been much for these Tales of the Batman collections personally, but this one, containing a bevy of modern material, catches my interest. Batman #526 and #550, Legends of the Dark Knight #86-88, and the "Pulp Heroes" Annual #21 are all written by Doug Moench; #667-669 are from the Black Glove collection with Grant Morrison; "Snow" from Legends of the Dark Knight #192-196 is written by Dan Curtis Johnson and Williams with art by Seth Fisher; and Detective Comics #821 is written by Paul Dini. Also includes Chase #7-8, which guest-starred Batman.

Looks like it could be a nice thing to have. Seems like the kind of thing that could be pricey though. Anyone else looking forward to this?

There's other DC collected editions in the link, so you might like a look even if this book isn't of interest. :)

Scarlotte.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose: Oh wow! I am only really a casual fan when it comes to Batman, but a bigger fan of the artist (I guess that is blasphemy to some...) so, this is definitely tempting :)

(Also, that second link isn't working, not sure if it is just me though)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Some might say blasphemy, but I think it can be forgiven for this particular artist. :)

Yeah, I imagine it worked sometime before, but it doesn't for me.

I've found the price on Bleedingcool:

Tales of the Batman: J.H. Williams III
    JH Williams

July 22, 2014
    Hardback
    $49.99 US / $58.00 Can.

448 pages
    6.625 in W | 10.188 in H | 1.250 lb Wt
    168mm W | 259mm H | 567g Wt

No Caption Provided

I hope it's not too expensive in the U.K. seeing as the prices don't always just follow the exchange rate for some reason.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose: As you say, hopefully it won't be too expensive in sterling. At nearly 450 pages, it's not too bad (assuming our equivalent price is relatively fair), could be a little out of my range though! But then, for something as cool as this....might be worth raiding the piggy bank/dropping some Xmas hints, hehe ;)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: We might get lucky and see a good pre-order price. Before being postponed, the Promethea Immateria collection was to be $150, and Forbidden Planet had it for pre-order at £73. By those numbers, we could get this Batman book for about £25, which seems pretty reasonable for a hardback of 17 issues.

Piggy bank raiding does seem like an option. Christmas jinting might sound a little out of place in July though. :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose: Ah of course, it isn't out till next year! Did not even notice that, the excitement carried me away for a second there :D

Well fingers crossed, £25 or thereabouts would be a bargain for something of this size and quality.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Yeah, long time to wait, but that means plenty of time to save up. Even putting £1 a week aside would almost certainly pay for it, with change. :)

I've just checked the prices for the New 52 Zero Omnibus on Amazon. In America it's $150.00 marked down to $92.49. In the U.K. it's £110.00 marked down to £72.98, virtually the same as Immateria. Maybe this pricing is a common thing, and $150 books can often be £73.

I'll have to find some books that cost $50.00 to see if it works the same for lower priced collections. £25 would be great though.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really hoping they don't cancel this out of spite considering the current problems between Williams and DC.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

I'm really hoping they don't cancel this out of spite considering the current problems between Williams and DC.

Nah, they want money, this will make money.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: Ah of course, it isn't out till next year! Did not even notice that, the excitement carried me away for a second there :D

Well fingers crossed, £25 or thereabouts would be a bargain for something of this size and quality.

Looks like we got it about right. It'll be £26.18 on Amazon. :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BumpyBoo  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.