Question; Jewel Skrull

#1 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Copied from Jewel's bio page here;

When a Skrull ship crash landed in the Savage Land, the Avengers goes out to investigate. What is inside of the ship was some of pre-existing heroes, including Jessica in her Jewel costume. When she was later revealed to be a Skrull, she was killed along with the heroes from the Skrull ship. The real Jessica Jones was present in the final battle between earth's heroes and villains fighting together against the invading Skrull empire. After the Skrulls lost, the Skrull that masqueraded as Jarvis kidnapped her child and disappeared.
The two later found their baby with Norman Osborn's Help.

Does this mean that the Jessica who was pregnant was the Skrull or the one in the ship? I'm a little confused about the working here.

#2 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

that's a good question  
lots of things dont synch up with the SI storyline 
like, if Emma Frost was replaced by a clone, doesn't that mean for the past few years Cycke's been sleeping with a Skrull???
#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixie_child said:
"

Copied from Jewel's bio page here;

When a Skrull ship crash landed in the Savage Land, the Avengers goes out to investigate. What is inside of the ship was some of pre-existing heroes, including Jessica in her Jewel costume. When she was later revealed to be a Skrull, she was killed along with the heroes from the Skrull ship. The real Jessica Jones was present in the final battle between earth's heroes and villains fighting together against the invading Skrull empire. After the Skrulls lost, the Skrull that masqueraded as Jarvis kidnapped her child and disappeared.
The two later found their baby with Norman Osborn's Help.

Does this mean that the Jessica who was pregnant was the Skrull or the one in the ship? I'm a little confused about the working here.

"
I don't see how you got that from what was written. 

The baby was born before Secret Invasion.Jessica Jones wasn't doing anything when that battle with the Skrulls in the Savage Land took place because she registered with the government and went to the Avengers tower so the baby would be safe.Another Jessica Jones (the skrull) was on the ship (which this says), All of the skrulls on the ship were claiming to be the real thing but they were not. (also stated in this paragraph).When Secret Invasion was over there were still skrulls let over. One of them was in the Avengers tower with Jessica posing as Jarvis, she gave Jarvis the baby so she could go fight and being a skrull, Jarvis took the baby.Luke Cage tricked Osborn into helping him and then went back to the Avengers.Get it now?
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:
" that's a good question  lots of things dont synch up with the SI storyline like, if Emma Frost was replaced by a clone, doesn't that mean for the past few years Cycke's been sleeping with a Skrull??? "
Emma wasn't replaced by a skrull.That WAS Emma with Cyclops the whole time.
#5 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was her coming off the ship..... 

#6 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Yes, thank you. I was stumped on something the previous paragraph said, about the baby having green eyes and her being afraid for herself and the baby. But you've cleared things up, thank you.
#7 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:

"
I thought this was her coming off the ship..... 

"
You can tell it's not the real Emma because she's wearing the White Queen outfit.In fact you can tell they are all fake because they are all wearing outdated costumes.Beast evolved passed Simian form years ago.Look at Iron Man,Thor and Jean too.What happened was these skrulls were so brainwashed that they actually believe they are the real thing.In fact skrull Beast almost convinced Wonder Man he was the real deal as did skrull Cap and Skrull Mockingbird for others.Ronin actually believed the skrull was Mockingbird but the real was on the ship.She was kidnapped years ago. (retcon).

@pixie_child said:

" @Vance Astro: Yes, thank you. I was stumped on something the previous paragraph said, about the baby having green eyes and her being afraid for herself and the baby. But you've cleared things up, thank you. "

The babies green eyes is just how she was born.I think people speculated early on whether the baby was a skrull or not because there is a scene in one New Avengers tie-in to Secret Invasion where the baby makes a weird face and Leinil Yu made it clear that he was focusing the art on the baby's expression.However it turns out the Jessica that had been there all along was there real one. 

I'm glad I could help. :)
#8 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:

oh I see 
I missed that issue, so I thought the ones in the old costumes were the ones that were replaced and held apart from the rest 
which is why I thought their costumes were so outdated- because they'd been in space or whatever 
my mistake!  
thanks for the info
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:
" @Vance Astro: oh I see I missed that issue, so I thought the ones in the old costumes were the ones that were replaced and held apart from the rest which is why I thought their costumes were so outdated- because they'd been in space or whatever my mistake!  thanks for the info "
Well then that would have meant that all the Avengers were skrulls LOL. No problem on the info.Happy to help.
#10 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
yes, well......I should have thought about that 
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:
" @Vance Astro: yes, well......I should have thought about that  "
Well that was the point of it though.They wanted you to think that.
#12 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
ok good  
I feel slightly less dumb

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.