Follow

Jessica Jones

Character » Jessica Jones appears in 815 issues.

A superhero turned private invesitgator, Jessica is married to Luke Cage and is the mother of Danielle, their infant daughter.

Jessica Jones TV Series Will Take Place in Marvel Universe

• 62 results
    Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Whisper_

I'm excited for it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ThomasElliot said:

@cattlebattle:

I know Terminator had a good fan following, I personally never watched it. So excluding that one... the other common factor among the shows you listed is that they all SUCKED.

Look at Heroes. Season 1 burned the Mf'er down. Season 2 started strong... then the show started to SUCK, and ended up committing suicide.

Point is... if its GOOD, it will work. Bad is bad no matter what you put in it.

Though, I do agree with Smallville. It was the rabid female fanbase and overtly emotional teen-esque drama that launched that show. I personally found it boring.

No Ordinary family wasn't actually all that bad...the Wonder Woman pilot was surprisingly decent IMO....

I did like Heroes, and I don't think it was so much the show committing suicide, it was that the second season suffered due to the writers strike that occurred that year, and overall the show became to too expensive....it kind of screwed by outside forces
    _transgojobot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By _transgojobot_

@ericmbee said:

Normal, ex-superhero gal in a superpowered world seems like a great premise, but tone and casting are vital to this.

I agree.

Great casting and chemistry can often smooth over occasional writing hiccups and mundane story arcs. I'm a big fan of the 'ALIAS' comic and of Jessica Jones. To most casual viewers she is a complete unknown and that could work in to the show's favor. I just hope ABC gives the show time to build its audience, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

I wonder if Isaiah Mustafa still wants to play 'Luke Cage'? This could be his best shot.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Marvel is taking their content seriously!

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sky-pirate

@victoriancuckoo said:

sees like a random choice for a show, why not a higher profile Marvel character..

A Hulk series is actually being developted, as we speak.

Many of the high profile characters are either too expensive for television or the rights to them belongs to Sony (Spider-Man), Universal or Fox (X-Men, FF), preventing Marvel Studios from doing an adaptation. And like ericmbee said, "Normal, ex-superhero gal in a superpowered world seems like a great premise". And why should they limit themselves to the big names? Characters that the general audience already have a preconcieved idea off. Remember once going on Youtube, to watch an episode of a Spider-Man series and saw a poster complain, that this Spider-Man used Web-Shooters. As opposed to having organic web (as in the movies), which he/she claimed "the real Spider-Man's has". And the same goes for the rest of the big name characters (both companies), that's been adapted in the past. If you'd do Superman, most of the general public would go into the theatre, with an image of the Christopher Reeve Superman (as that's the image of Superman, they're most likely to have encountered, if they haven't read the comics). And when most people think of the Hulk, they're thinking of the Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk. Which, to an extent, in my opinion, hurts the new guys take and interpretation.

With a lesser known propherty, especially one that has never been adapted to either small or big screen, all bets are off. Nobody compairs this TV series, to an old one from the 70's (or whatever decade), nor the actress to another one, that's played the role in the past. People come into it, without judgement. Granted, there will undoubtably be those, that go online and say things like "Spider-Man should appear on this show", like some did on Smallville with WW and Batman (though, I don't really see, what they could've added to the show), simply because Pete's a big name, no other motivation for getting him on the show.

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By victoriancuckoo
    @sky-pirate when you put it like that, it actually sounds like a pretty fun premise
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By shawn87

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen at all. I want a good comic TV show to watch

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Gambit1024

I thought Marvel had the rights to their television properties. Which characters can't they use?

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Superskrull86

Uh, this won't last long.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By huser

@cattlebattle said:

Eh, Super Hero shows never seem to survive on network Televison....I think Smallville did due to its early years garnered a lot of the "Dawsons Creek" audiences...and grabbed others when they were real young...which led them to continue watching it into later seasons as it was familiar to them. Look at all the "comic shows" that didn't last or never existed The Cape No Ordinary Family Wonder Woman Aquaman Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles Etc

First off, TSCC is a bit of a stretch in regards to Super Hero shows. I mean if the inclusion is that there was a cast member with superhuman ability then Buffy/Angel count as successes, Even with that, I'd actually agree with you, but not for anything specific about Super Hero shows. The far more simple reason that people can point to several failures for a single marginalized success is that MOST shows don't make it. If we are opening the doors to WW and Aquaman as failures then the list of shows that get pilots made and never go beyond that is HUGE. Heck there are office pools for betting on what of the many dozens of shows that actually get episodes ordered (ie pass beyond just making a pilot) will fail first. The number of shows that get 10 years like Smallville is vanishingly small. Trying to explain it away as an outlier is not understanding how rare it is for ANY show to last that long.

I note Heroes somehow missed your list....which might have poisoned the well but definitely was a success by almost any metric at least early on. If it's good, people will watch it. Walking Dead is about as genre as you can get.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By huser

@Kairan1979 said:

I have a bad feeling about this show. Especially after I've heard about Carol Danvers. She is much more famous than Jessica, I expect a lot of complains about the show not being about Ms. Marvel.

Maybe. Carol's definitely more well known, but I can't see her having many fans that invested in her, and even then ABC is probably hoping for viewership numbers such that comic fans that would know and care either way would probably be a minor fraction.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well a lot has happened since this article

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.