Follow

Jessica Jones

Character » Jessica Jones appears in 815 issues.

A superhero turned private invesitgator, Jessica is married to Luke Cage and is the mother of Danielle, their infant daughter.

How strong is she?

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't remember seeing this in the comics. Anyone remember what issue it was in?

She has shown herself capable of lifting a two ton police car with little apparent effort.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I hope they depower her on the netflix series so she fits more with the street level heroes.

As far as her actual level in comics I can;t say exactly.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I like her power strong but not unreal strong.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I hope they depower her on the netflix series so she fits more with the street level heroes.

As far as her actual level in comics I can;t say exactly.

she will be super strong in MCU I think.

Masterpiece1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powerwise, she's stronger than Captain America, but weaker than Thor or Hulk.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Powerwise, she's stronger than Captain America, but weaker than Thor or Hulk.

Eh, I wouldn't go as far to say she's stronger than Cap just yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: She lifted a car absolutely effortlessly, Cap has never done that

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@deranged_midget: She lifted a car absolutely effortlessly, Cap has never done that

When did she lift a car?

All I remember her doing is stopping a slowing car with some effort, and lifting the back-end of that douchebag's car as she subpoenaed him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yes that's the time I'm referring to. It took her no effort whatsoever, she can clearly lift the whole thing easily too.

Masterpiece1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Masterpiece1

@deranged_midget said:
    @jayc1324 said:

When did she lift a car?

All I remember her doing is stopping a slowing car with some effort, and lifting the back-end of that douchebag's car as she subpoenaed him.

Stopping a moving car, and lifiting the back end of a car are strength feats above anything cap did. And she did all that without a sweat.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: She never did. I'm not going through theoretical claims.

@deranged_midget said:
    @jayc1324 said:

When did she lift a car?

Stopping a moving car, and lifiting the back end of a car are strength feats above anything cap did. And she did all that without a sweat.

Cap whipped a motorcycle over his head casually and ripped a military vehicle almost in half with the impact. In his first appearance, he also lifted a motorcycle, with two women sitting on top of it, over his head with no noticeable effort either.

Just my opinion. Theoretically, she may end up being stronger, but she hasn't done anything to prove so just yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Why the heck not? She clearly can lift a full car. To claim she can't is idiotic.

And a motorcycle weighs 800 pounds max on average. Cars weigh tons. Not even close. People always use the motorcycle feat as if it's something great because they don't know how much one weighs. Not to mention the fact that the motorcycle already had a lot of forward momentum that cap just added to.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

When did she lift a car?

In the comics, she can lift a police car over her head with no noticeable strain. With their cages and computer equipment etc, a police car generally weighs around 4,100 pounds, to my knowledge.

Although I think MCU Jessica might be even stronger than comics Jessica. If you ask me, stopping a moving car in its tracks with one arm, and lifting the back end of a car with one arm and zero exertion, not to mention just barely stopping a punch from Luke Cage, proves that she could indeed lift a car over her head.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I think JJ is supposed to be stronger than Cap. As of the Civil War trailer, Cap has another strength feat even in that. He keeps a helicopter from flying away. Logic dictates JJ is supposed to be stronger though.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rag_man

Just watched all of JJ... She is not much stronger than Cap... When she lifts the car it's just the back end (not the part with the engine block) of a tiny sports car...I'd wager Cap could do the same.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@deranged_midget: Why the heck not? She clearly can lift a full car. To claim she can't is idiotic.

And a motorcycle weighs 800 pounds max on average. Cars weigh tons. Not even close. People always use the motorcycle feat as if it's something great because they don't know how much one weighs. Not to mention the fact that the motorcycle already had a lot of forward momentum that cap just added to.

Woah now, relax there. No need to get rowdy dude.

Like I said, I go by clear feats, not theoretics which prove nothing. She lifted the tail end of a sports car, smaller one at that, as another user pointed out. Only going by what the comics have shown, she's supposed to be the stronger hero. But this isn't the comics, and Cap has shown he isn't 616 levels. She never did anything else in that show to justify otherwise that her strength levels were consistently greater than Cap's or even remotely close to her comic counterpart. Even Luke was downplayed.

You are right, he used centripetal force to aid him in the throwing of the motorcycle. He slammed the brakes, using the change in inertia to accelerate the bike to impact the jeep. It's fair to note how much strength and dexterity it takes to even perform something like that, considering the results. I'm not even going to add on the ridiculous feat he apparently pulls off in the new trailer.

In the comics, she can lift a police car over her head with no noticeable strain. With their cages and computer equipment etc, a police car generally weighs around 4,100 pounds, to my knowledge.

Although I think MCU Jessica might be even stronger than comics Jessica. If you ask me, stopping a moving car in its tracks with one arm, and lifting the back end of a car with one arm and zero exertion, not to mention just barely stopping a punch from Luke Cage, proves that she could indeed lift a car over her head.

I think it's fair to note that comparisons between comics and MCU counterparts are a bit silly at this point, considering the disparity we've seen with multiple characters in a consistent fashion. But that's just me.

Again, and this is just me, theoretical claims only get you so far. I don't find it fair nor necessary to rely on something that's never happened. Hence, it's easier to back yourself up through feats that are actually feats that you can provide. And realistically, she stopped a slower moving car in traffic with both arms, and enough effort where it forced her backwards.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.