Jeph Loeb's Facebook Page is Deleted

Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio
" Ultimate spider-man is horrible!
This is not a spier-man show. Where's parker's money problem? where is the parker luck? where is spider-man learning from his uncle ben's last words? This show is a big "F*** YOU" to all of spiderman fans who were waiting for this show.
and by the way, the spider-cycle SUX and makes no sense. Seriously worst spider-man show of the last 20 years.
This show DOES NOT HAVE MARVEL DNA, IT HAS LOEB's S******NA "
"Look, I'm just a kid but I love Spider-Man. I look up to him I always have and up until now, I've always trusted Marvel to do him justice. This whole "Ultimate Spider-Man" thing just isn't justice. It hurts me to watch the show. In fact, this is injustice. First of all, this show was a HUGE letdown for me, my friends and family because we LOVE the ultimate spidey comics. This thing where you put a bunch of ideas that "look good on paper" into a show and call it "Ultimate Spider-Man" just lets down so many fans. The show barely follows the comics. Secondly, I understand that the show is for kids but even children seem to know terrible writing when they see it. My 10 year old brother and his elementary school friends hate the show with a passion. We all miss Spectacular so very much. "
" I gotta agree with most the people here... I had really high hopes for USM and after 3 episodes, it just feels like a rushed and lacking in story. It explains everything in cutaways like the viewer is dumb and doesn't see what's going on. It's really annoying. After The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes did so well on Disney XD I really thought USM would follow suite and give us another quality show with great animation and story... "
"Jeph Loeb. Why are you cancelling Earth's Mightiest Heroes? Disney XDs top rated show. To make a show set in the same continuuity as Ultimate S*****-Man. I mean Spider-Man. You know...the new [frick]ING S**** cartoon that you are heavily involved in. The one that is about 1% as good as Spectacular Spider-Man which you WERE NOT involved in. "
"Really disappointed of Ultimate spider-man. With all the writers and producers attached to this cartoon, including you sir, i thought it will be a show both kids and adults can enjoy. But after watching 4 epsiodes im just dropping the show. USM lacks depth, drama and personality. The 4th wall jokes breaking need to go. IT is trying to be funny in moments we dont need it to be funny. The cutaway gags are just horrible and need to go. I would have preferred a solo spidey show where he occasionally teams up with the other heroes, rather than have him in a teen avengers team from the get go."

See these complaints above? They were in Jeph Loeb's Facebook page that no longer exists. Apparently he or Marvel deleted it after the negative feedback from USM renewal and A:EMH cancellation. It looks like they weren't the only thing that got cancelled.

This is getting so bad that even people that doesn't even read comics already hate him.

Friend: Wow, man... the Chitauri are nothing next to the Skrulls o.O
Me: Only now you noticed it bro?
Friend: I don't read the comics dude, only a few excepts of them, but I knowing much more because there is the Secret Invasion in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Me: Dude, did you know the series got cancelled?
Friend: Oh no... Seriously? GODDAMN JEPH LOEB! I HOPE HE HAS A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH! GOING TO CANCEL THE SERIES JUST TO MAKE ANOTHER LIKE THE AVENGERS MOVIE THAT GOT RELEASED! MOTHER******.

If he read Ultimates vol. 3, Ultimatum or his run on Wolverine and Hulk, I bet my friend would have been a ten times angrier...

EDIT: I fixed some misspelling and errors.

#1 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

This is not a spier-man show. Where's parker's money problem? where is the parker luck? where is spider-man learning from his uncle ben's last words? This show is a big "F*** YOU" to all of spiderman fans who were waiting for this show.
and by the way, the spider-cycle SUX and makes no sense. Seriously worst spider-man show of the last 20 years.
"Look, I'm just a kid but I love Spider-Man. I look up to him I always have and up until now, I've always trusted Marvel to do him justice. This whole "Ultimate Spider-Man" thing just isn't justice. It hurts me to watch the show. In fact, this is injustice. First of all, this show was a HUGE letdown for me, my friends and family because we LOVE the ultimate spidey comics. This thing where you put a bunch of ideas that "look good on paper" into a show and call it "Ultimate Spider-Man" just lets down so many fans. The show barely follows the comics. Secondly, I understand that the show is for kids but even children seem to know terrible writing when they see it. My 10 year old brother and his elementary school friends hate the show with a passion. We all miss Spectacular so very much. "
" I gotta agree with most the people here... I had really high hopes for USM and after 3 episodes, it just feels like a rushed and lacking in story. It explains everything in cutaways like the viewer is dumb and doesn't see what's going on. It's really annoying. After The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes did so well on Disney XD I really thought USM would follow suite and give us another quality show with great animation and story... "
"Jeph Loeb. Why are you cancelling Earth's Mightiest Heroes? Disney XDs top rated show. To make a show set in the same continuuity as Ultimate S*****-Man. I mean Spider-Man. You know...the new [frick]ING S**** cartoon that you are heavily involved in. The one that is about 1% as good as Spectacular Spider-Man which you WERE NOT involved in. "
"Really disappointed of Ultimate spider-man. With all the writers and producers attached to this cartoon, including you sir, i thought it will be a show both kids and adults can enjoy. But after watching 4 epsiodes im just dropping the show. USM lacks depth, drama and personality. The 4th wall jokes breaking need to go. IT is trying to be funny in moments we dont need it to be funny. The cutaway gags are just horrible and need to go. I would have preferred a solo spidey show where he occasionally teams up with the other heroes, rather than have him in a teen avengers team from the get go."

See these complaints above? They were in Jeph Loeb's Facebook page that no longer exists. Apparently he or Marvel deleted it after the negative feedback from USM renewal and A:EMH cancellation. It looks like they weren't the only thing that got cancelled.

This is getting so bad that not even people that doesn't even read comics already hate him.

Me: Only know you know about it bro?
Friend: I don't the comics dude, only a few excepts of them, but I knowing much more because there is the Secret Invasion in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Friend: Oh no... Seriously? GODDAMN JEPH LOEB! I HOPE HE HAS A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH! GOING TO CANCEL THE SERIES JUST TO MAKE ANOTHER LIKE THE AVENGERS MOVIE THAT GOT RELEASED! MOTHER******.

If he read Ultimates vol. 3, Ultimatum or his run on Wolverine and Hulk, I bet my friend would have been a ten times angrier...

lol nice

#2 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Never watched USM and not really inclined to either. The trailer was very off-putting. This reaction seems...extreme though.

#3 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

Never watched USM and not really inclined to either. The trailer was very off-putting. This reaction seems...extreme though.

Agreed.

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

And thus begins the downfall of quality Marvel animation.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12779 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Jeph Loebs position as head of Marvel television was deleted

#6 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like someone couldn't take the heat.

#7 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

And thus begins the downfall of quality Marvel animation.

Do you think Beware the Batman is going to be this for DC?

@ragdollpurps said:

Looks like someone couldn't take the heat.

Even Michael Bay remained unflinching after the Bayformers and Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles.

@cattlebattle said:

I wish he never had gotten out of retirement. Blame Joe Quesada on that one.

#8 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO.

#9 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a lil peeved at the guy. But I hate seeing people saying things like ''you should die." Or. ''I hope he dies a slow and painful death." Those, in my opinion, are the folks who truly need lives and should really take a break from whatever their favorite hobbie is. They canceled Buffy and Angel!! I didn't write Joss and the heads at Warner Bros death threats. I mean geez..smoke a blunt or take some prozac of something.

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Instead of threats they should gather and actually do something

#11 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@Guardiandevil83: Instead of threats they should gather and actually do something

I was thinking we could go scare em. I could put on my best ''hood attidude" but killing..naaah lets just boycott like normal folks. lol

#12 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Did I say kill? nope

those tools can be used to unhinge doors and to put annoying scratches on windows plus they can bang up his toilet seat so its all mangled up, he won't poop in peace

#13 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@Guardiandevil83: Did I say kill? nope

those tools can be used to unhinge doors and to put annoying scratches on windows plus they can bang up his toilet seat so its all mangled up, he won't poop in peace

O. Ok then if we do that we should leave some of those little wooden figures from Blair Witch all around his house. lol

#14 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: And steal his rubber duck, then empty his fridge because those foods deserve better people to eat them ^_^

#15 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@Guardiandevil83: And steal his rubber duck, then empty his fridge because those foods deserve better people to eat them ^_^

Might as well take some scripts while we are at it. Lmao!! I mean I know they might suck..but that didn't stop those kids from trying to steal Episode 1 on Fanboys.

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

This is getting so bad that even people that doesn't even read comics already hate him.

Friend: Wow, man... the Chitauri are nothing next to the Skrulls o.O
Me: Only now you noticed it bro?
Friend: I don't read the comics dude, only a few excepts of them, but I knowing much more because there is the Secret Invasion in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

EDIT: I fixed some misspelling and errors.

lol nice indeed

#17 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: True, but urinating on his television set would also be priceless and defecating inside his microwave before setting it on for 30 mins

#18 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@Guardiandevil83: True, but urinating on his television set would also be priceless and defecating inside his microwave before setting it on for 30 mins

You've done this before haven't you?

#19 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Pranking someone's house? well when I was younger I did some pranks here and there

#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

As did we all. lol

#21 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really angry at the man for cancelling two of my favourite Marvel cartoons and replacing one of them with utter rubbish but the hateful comments are not on at all.

#22 Edited by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel needs to learn to not treat it's audience like they have the mental capacity of a toddler. They need to find the right mix of maturity and humour like Young Justice.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Marvel needs to learn to treat it's audience like they have the mental capacity of a toddler. They need to find the right mix of maturity and humour like Young Justice.

Spectacular Spider-Man did just that. And what did Marvel do? They cancelled it. The reasons they did that I don't know but I can't believe they would make a stupid move like that. But they've done it again with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That show was good too but Loeb's interference has ended that show too! And to top it off, Marvel execs are trying to claim that the 'core fanbase' love Ultimate Spider-Man. All I hear from the core fanbase is the complaints over what Loeb has done.

#24 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Marvel needs to learn to treat it's audience like they have the mental capacity of a toddler. They need to find the right mix of maturity and humour like Young Justice.

I think Disney is making Marvel like this to appeal primarily for children while Young Justice is obviously toward teenagers and young adults. That is why you probably won't see Punisher, Deadpool or any Marvel MAX title adapted into a cartoon this sooner.

#25 Edited by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Spectacular Spider-Man did just that. And what did Marvel do? They cancelled it. The reasons they did that I don't know but I can't believe they would make a stupid move like that. But they've done it again with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That show was good too but Loeb's interference has ended that show too! And to top it off, Marvel execs are trying to claim that the 'core fanbase' love Ultimate Spider-Man. All I hear from the core fanbase is the complaints over what Loeb has done.

Marvel needs to stop all this propaganda BS. I say they give us a good X-Men series as an apology. They should just admit they effed up.

#26 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@Madame_Mist said:

I think Disney is making Marvel like this to appeal primarily for children while Young Justice is obviously toward teenagers and young adults. That is why you probably won't see Punisher, Deadpool or any Marvel MAX title adapted into a cartoon this sooner.

True. I agree with you. The only problem is that Marvel needs to realise that a good majority of comic book buyers are teens and adults and we've been marginalised with this show. I think I could enjoy the show if I didn't take it seriously, but I enjoy the Spider-Man comics and the depth they have, and seeing this cartoon, while a good show, is just not what a good Spider-Man cartoon should be.

#27 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

@Lvenger said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Marvel needs to stop all this propaganda BS. I say they give us a good X-Men series as an apology. They should just admit they effed up.

Have you heard the rumours that there's going to be a new X-Men cartoon in the works? Perhaps it could be Marvel's way of apologising. One of the reasons suggested for the cancellation of Spectacular Spider-Man and EMH is that they want to create a Marvel animated universe like DC did. Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk: Agents of Smash and the new Avengers cartoon all existing in one shared universe. Ultimate Spider-Man is **** though and Hulk: Agents of Smash is supposed to be quite cheesy and childish. I've given up on Marvel Animation now.

#28 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I am not watching any X-Men cartoon unless its a second season to Wolverine and the X-Men. Seriously though, why its so hard to uncancell any of these series like they did with Family Guy?

#29 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Popular demand I guess. That's the only reason I can think of. And when was Family Guy ever cancelled?

#30 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#31 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Family Guy was cancelled after its second season in 2002 it wasn't very popular at the time specially when the Simpsons were in their height but it was resurrected after reruns on Adult Swim and successful DVD-set sales. But like you said, Spectacular Spider-Man was very popular at the time it was made, why doesn't have the same success Family Guy did to get its own resurrection?

#32 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Ah I see. Well it's only been 3 years since cancellation and I guess even though us comic fans want it back, the response from the general public wasn't quite as much as needed to bring about a revival. Besides Greg Weisman is doing Young Justice and Josh Keaton is voicing Green Lantern. Now's not the time to bring Spectacular Spider-Man back even if Marvel wanted to.

#33 Posted by Mutant God (3022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Madame_Mist said:

@Lvenger said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Have you heard the rumours that there's going to be a new X-Men cartoon in the works? Perhaps it could be Marvel's way of apologising. One of the reasons suggested for the cancellation of Spectacular Spider-Man and EMH is that they want to create a Marvel animated universe like DC did. Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk: Agents of Smash and the new Avengers cartoon all existing in one shared universe. Ultimate Spider-Man is **** though and Hulk: Agents of Smash is supposed to be quite cheesy and childish. I've given up on Marvel Animation now.

Dont forget about Wolverine and The X-Men they cancel that too

#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Marvel needs to learn to not treat it's audience like they have the mental capacity of a toddler. They need to find the right mix of maturity and humour like Young Justice.

I love how you mention Young Justice since it's by the same guy who already did exactly that with Spectacular Spider-man.

Sigh.

#35 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God: That's three strikes. Hence why I'm disregarding all Marvel animation. Now that I only have Young Justice to watch, I think I should add another cartoon to my Youtube sessions.

@InnerVenom123: No wonder Young Justice is so good.

#36 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand Marvel's loyalty to a man who has destroyed just about everything he's touched. What dirt does he have on those in charge.

#37 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread creeps me the hell out.

Would Spiderman/Superman/Captain America condone this kind of talk?

#38 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

What are you talking about? We are just complaining how Marvel from grace after Jeph Loeb was made executive producer.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: I think he's talking about the hateful comments the Facebook users made. Not our comments. I hope.

#40 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@TheCrowbar said:

What are you talking about? We are just complaining how Marvel from grace after Jeph Loeb was made executive producer.

@Rumble Man said:

The facebook thing is what I meant but things like this too.

#41 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Silver2467 said:

Agreed.

true

#42 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Alright I didn't noticed that before. I know Jeph Loeb is a terrible writer that everything he touches withers and dies but he doesn't deserve this.

#43 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

I was joking about any retaliation. lol Like I said at the most a simple boycott or turn off our tv's a no longer support anything Leob.

#44 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: No problem dude. The problem is that we had been doing this for a long time and they show no signs of backing down and still are trying to shove this bs down our throats.

#45 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

#46 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@Guardiandevil83: No problem dude. The problem is that we had been doing this for a long time and they show no signs of backing down and still are trying to shove this bs down our throats.

I pretty much moved over to DC. I love Marvel as I alway's will. But until things change..I just can't continue.

#47 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

it is written in portuguese it is sooo sad... i cannot believe someone wrote this... jeph loeb = great artist!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.