Self taught comic artist, who studied film in Toronto.
Jeff Lemire was born in 1976 and raised in a small Canadian farming town. His first foray into comics was in 2005 when he self-published Lost Dogs, which earned him a Xeric Award. He was immediately noticed by Chris Staros at Top Shelf Productions and signed to a contract. This gave him the opportunity to write and draw his Essex County Trilogy, comprised of Tales from the Farm, Ghost Stories and The Country Nurse, which appeared in relatively rapid succession from 2008 to 2009. This black and white trilogy garnered a Harvey, an Ignatz and two Eisner Award nominations.
In 2009, a 2-color graphic novel entitled The Nobody was published by Vertigo. This led to a monthly full-color Vertigo project called Sweet Tooth which debuted in September.
Lemire also produces a science-fiction strip called Fortress which is serialized in UR Magazine, a quarterly publication.
Jeff Lemire has written the Atom back-up stories for Adventure Comics, the Brightest Day tie-in, and a Giant-Size Atom finale issue as well as ongoing eleven-issue Superboy series and the Flashpoint tie-in Frankenstein & The Creatures of the Unknown.
After the DС relaunch in September 2011, Lemire began writing Animal Man and Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E which were both well received. He also took over writing duties on Justice League Dark, starting with #9, and left Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. due to busy schedule, leaving the series to fellow writer Matt Kindt with whom he previously collaborated on Men of War final issue.
Starting from Issue 17, Jeff Lemire will be taking over from Ann Nocenti as the writer of Green Arrow with Andrea Sorrentino on art duties. He will also be collaborating with Ray Fawkes to write Constantine with Renato Guedes on art duties.
Among his upcoming projects are The Underwater Welder OGN and National Comics: Eternity. In April 2014 he will be launching a new series called Justice League United formerly Justice League Canada with DC Comics.
He will also be one of the writers on Futures End the upcoming weekly comic by DC launching in May 2014.
As of issue 34 of Green Arrow Lemire was off of the book.
- Bloodshot Reborn #1-ongoing (April 2015)
- Black Hammer #1-ongoing (June 2015)
- Plutona #1-ongoing (Fall 2015)
- A.D. After Death (Fall 2015)
- The Valiant #1-4
- The New 52: Futures End #0-48
- Animal Man #0-29, Annual 1-2, Swamp Thing #12, 17, Secret Origins #8
- Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E #1-9
- Flashpoint: Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown #1-3
- Green Arrow #17-34, 23.1, Green Arrow: Futures End #1, Secret Origins #4
- Justice League Dark #0, 9-23, Annual #1
- Constantine #1-4
- Superboy #1-11
- Sweet Tooth #1-40
- Trillium #1-8
- Teen Titans: Earth One
- Justice League United #0-10, Annual #1, Justice League United: Futures End #1, Justice League: Futures End #1
- Justice League of America #6-7
- Brightest Day: The Atom Special #1, Adventure Comics #516-521, Giant-Size Atom #1
- Essex County #1-3
- Justice League #13, 23.3
- Legends of the Dark Knight #1
- Batman/Superman #10
- Batman Black and White #2
- Vertigo Quarterly CMYK #1
- American Vampire Anthology
- Time Warp
- Men of War #8
- O.M.A.C. #5
- The Underwater Welder
- Jonah Hex #59
- CBLDF Presents Liberty Annual 2011
- Strange Adventures
- Strange Tales II #1
- The Nobody
- Action Comics #892