Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5 Trailer

#1 Posted by cattlebattle (12759 posts) - - Show Bio

This show still comes on???  Wow.
 
Looks epic......I should start watching

#2 Posted by NightFang (10046 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the rumors are true about this being the finale season?

#3 Posted by Sentinel373 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

when they first started airing the show they said it was going to be 4 seasons but the show has been so succesfull that they decided to keep it going. dunno if this is the final season though

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but this still doesn't get me over how much I hate CGI. I hope one day I'll manage, because it seems to be interesting.

#5 Posted by Top Flight Security (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty epic!

#6 Posted by NightFang (10046 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sentinel373 said:

when they first started airing the show they said it was going to be 4 seasons but the show has been so succesfull that they decided to keep it going. dunno if this is the final season though

Oh, okay thanks.

#7 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

I'm sorry, but this still doesn't get me over how much I hate CGI. I hope one day I'll manage, because it seems to be interesting.

I've felt the same way about CGI for a while.  I've always felt there was an obvious plastic-ness to character designs, most likely to make the transition to toys easier.  While it had a slow start, Clone Wars has really beaten the odds and set itself apart from much of the cheaper CGI  you see on animation-themed networks. 
#8 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sentinel373 said:

when they first started airing the show they said it was going to be 4 seasons but the show has been so succesfull that they decided to keep it going. dunno if this is the final season though

They will keep making it until they figure out what to replace it with.

#9 Edited by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for this season after the return of Darth Maul. I do however, hope that this is the final season, not because it's a bad series, but what else is there to expand on in the Clone Wars that the comics and novels haven't covered already?

@ReVamp: I felt the same way when I first saw the trailers a while back. I thought it would better under Genndy Tartakovsky. After watching the movie and the first season, I gotten used to it.

#10 Posted by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

REVENGE... I MUST HAVE REVENGE...

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I'm sorry, but this still doesn't get me over how much I hate CGI. I hope one day I'll manage, because it seems to be interesting.

The shows isn't all that great regardless...

Moderator
#12 Posted by War Killer (20185 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this show!!! ^___^

#13 Posted by Emperormeister734 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

This show keeps Getting Better and Better

#14 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emperormeister734 said:

This show keeps Getting Better and Better

It really does. I mean the first season was only ok but it just got more and more interesting as it went on and now it's great.

#15 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

This show still comes on??? Wow. Looks epic......I should start watching

You should, it's actually become really good.

#16 Posted by Master_Of_Evil (135 posts) - - Show Bio

i am imagining it or did i see Xizor

#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking absolutely epic for the upcoming season!

#18 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wanted to get into this show. Especially with Darth Maul back(FAVORITE star wars character)

#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pumped they're finally bringing Embo back into the spotlight. He was basically serving as a cameo towards the end of last season. Oh, and you can't go wrong with more of Maul/Opress and Mandalorians.

Staff
#20 Posted by jwalser3 (4995 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap, I didn't watch this because I thought it was kiddish, didn't like the CGI either. But wow I'm impressed, it looks epic.

#21 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7828 posts) - - Show Bio

@Master_Of_Evil said:

i am imagining it or did i see Xizor

Could be. It's definitely some people of the same species.

#22 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this show, I cant wait for it to come back on

#23 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

omg i love clone wars but since im always at work when it airs ill either hve to wait for it to come on dvd or watch episodes on youtube. i am dying to know the fate of ashoka, whether or not she survived order 66, fell to the dark side or what.

#24 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it !!!!!!!

#25 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no this show still comes on? They can cancel Avengers but still keep this? IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD!?

#26 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

They never should have killed (cut in half) Darth Maul to begin with. Greatest SW character since Darth Vader.

Moderator
#27 Posted by Novemberx2 (447 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate this show... Every Trailer looks amazing, when you see the actually episodes you realise how bad it is. I want the Clone Wars Animated Cartoon back!

#28 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never missed a single episode, really looking forward to this season. This show is more successful than the animated version that came out years ago.

#29 Posted by ka385385 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathwatch is really awesome!

#30 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad they brang Darth maul back, he seems so twisted

#31 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Love this show!!! ^___^
#32 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

They never should have killed (cut in half) Darth Maul to begin with. Greatest SW character since Darth Vader.

I'm still hoping against the odds they give him his 'body' back. I don't care if it's through Sith alchemy/magic, but please get rid of the robotic legs..

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only person stoked about all of Embo's appearances? Snowboarding on his hat while shooting? Duking it out with Savage? Hell yes.

Staff
#34 Edited by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers said:

@Gambler said:

They never should have killed (cut in half) Darth Maul to begin with. Greatest SW character since Darth Vader.

I'm still hoping against the odds they give him his 'body' back. I don't care if it's through Sith alchemy/magic, but please get rid of the robotic legs..

Right? Me to. Also give him back his Sith hoodie. I dont care if he's technically no longer Sith, hoods are badass.
Moderator
#35 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I liked seeing him use his hat as a weapon/shield.

@Gambler: I get this feeling we are going to see Dooku and Obi teamed up against the likes of Maul and Savage.

#36 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers: Dooku / Grievous vs Maul / Savage. Make it happen, Season Five!

Staff
#37 Edited by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'd love to see that to.

Could throw in a triple threat. Obi / Anakin

#38 Posted by intothetempest (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Never liked this show. Downplays stronger characters, over emphasizes weaker characters and worst of all interferes with set continuity by adding in new ideas that have no rightful place being there. Seriously, the Clone Wars lasted two years, how do you have five seasons of a t.v show, a movie and an entire graphic novel series, each mission set on a completely different world and situation.

There, that’s my spiel done

#39 Posted by Shadowsnake89 (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Novemberx2 said:

i hate this show... Every Trailer looks amazing, when you see the actually episodes you realise how bad it is. I want the Clone Wars Animated Cartoon back!

Too bad Genndy  Tartakovsky said he would never work with Cartoon Network again.
@k4tzm4n said:

Am I the only person stoked about all of Embo's appearances? Snowboarding on his hat while shooting? Duking it out with Savage? Hell yes.


Embo is the best character to come out of this show. Of course i'm excited. I love the Bounty Hunter focused episodes. Season 4's episode with Boba and Ventress was my favorite of the show.
#40 Edited by Hashbrowns (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Even at its weakest moments, The Clone Wars still has better pacing, acting, cinematography, and action choreography than any of the prequels. And it's a half-hour animated series on Cartoon Network. Think about that for a minute.

When the show works on all cylinders, it is the best Star Wars material of the last decade regardless of medium. I sometimes wonder what the showrunners would really be capable of if they were even more independent from George Lucas and his finely developed ability to suck the quality out of anything he partakes in. Funnily enough, George's daughter, Katie Lucas, wrote a few of the best episodes of the show. But you know what? She's adopted. Go figure.

#41 Edited by Queso6p4 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hashbrowns said:

Even at its weakest moments, The Clone Wars still has better pacing, acting, cinematography, and action choreography than any of the prequels. And it's a half-hour animated series on Cartoon Network. Think about that for a minute.

When the show works on all cylinders, it is the best Star Wars material of the last decade regardless of medium. I sometimes wonder what the showrunners would really be capable of if they were even more independent from George Lucas and his finely developed ability to suck the quality out of anything he partakes in. Funnily enough, George's daughter, Katie Lucas, wrote a few of the best episodes of the show. But you know what? She's adopted. Go figure.

While this had me cracking up, especially that bit at the end, it is so true. This show has been one of the most enjoyable SW installments to date. Dave Filoni et. al do a fantastic job!

@Gambler said:

They never should have killed (cut in half) Darth Maul to begin with. Greatest SW character since Darth Vader.

Sadly, he never really got any character development in the EU (which I'm sure you as a Maul fan noticed). Not even his role in the e novella fleshed him out all that much. I've missed basically the entire last season of TCW so maybe they've done him some justice there.

I've never understood the idea of a saber whip. It just seems like an utterly useless weapon in the SW universe. To those who mentioned seeing Xizor, as someone else mentioned those aliens towards the end do look like the Falleen so we may encounter him which would be awesome. I always has a liking for him and Black Sun in general.

#42 Posted by RoninOmega (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Thats what i thought "this show is still on?" But it looks pretty good, worth checking out!

#43 Posted by godsboy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Guerrillas. Seriously? This ain't Vietnam this IS Star Wars. Jedi vs Sith. Clone Troopers vs Droids. There is no place for guerrillas.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.