How do jedi like yoda and obi-wan stack up against average heroes

#1 Posted by Logic_and_Debate (142 posts) - - Show Bio

and villains in the marvel and DC universes?
#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you mean by average heroes?

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

EU Luke could take the majority of the X-Men with little trouble.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" EU Luke could take the majority of the X-Men with little trouble. "
To which I say:
BEHOLD OPTIC!! BLAST!
#5 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
To which I say: BEHOLD OPTIC!! BLAST! "
wouldn't Luke just be able to curve it with the Force? or shut Scott's visor? or put up a Shield?
#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
wouldn't Luke just be able to curve it with the Force? or shut Scott's visor? or put up a Shield? "
All of the above lol 

Luke's connection to the Force has allowed him to withstand the pull of a black hole.
#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
wouldn't Luke just be able to curve it with the Force? or shut Scott's visor? or put up a Shield? "
We don't know if the Force can effect the beam. Different Galaxies (At very least) are shown to have the possibility of being immune to the force. We know that humans aren't immune to the beam.
#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
We don't know if the Force can effect the beam. Different Galaxies (At very least) are shown to have the possibility of being immune to the force. We know that humans aren't immune to the beam. "
I'm not a SW expert. But I don't recall that ever.
#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
We don't know if the Force can effect the beam. Different Galaxies (At very least) are shown to have the possibility of being immune to the force. We know that humans aren't immune to the beam. "
I'm not a SW expert. But I don't recall that ever. "
Yuuzhan Vong say hi.
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Yuuzhan Vong say hi. "
And a weakened Luke shredded 5 Yuuzhan Vong Slayers (aka their best combatants) in no time :P
#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Yuuzhan Vong say hi. "
And a weakened Luke shredded 5 Yuuzhan Vong Slayers (aka their best combatants) in no time :P "
That's beside the point, my point is that we don't know that Luke can manipulate the beam or Scott because Scott is at very least from a different Galaxy, and there's a precedent that species from a different galaxy can't be manipulated by the force directly.
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Yuuzhan Vong say hi. "
And a weakened Luke shredded 5 Yuuzhan Vong Slayers (aka their best combatants) in no time :P "
That's beside the point, my point is that we don't know that Luke can manipulate the beam or Scott because Scott is at very least from a different Galaxy, and there's a precedent that species from a different galaxy can't be manipulated by the force directly. "
The likelihood of that is miniscule though. The Yuuzhan Vong's immunity was due to their biological armor as well. I see what you're saying but even if Luke were not to block Scott's beam, there are a hundred other ways he could take him down.
#13 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @Caligula said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Yuuzhan Vong say hi. "
That's beside the point, my point is that we don't know that Luke can manipulate the beam or Scott because Scott is at very least from a different Galaxy, and there's a precedent that species from a different galaxy can't be manipulated by the force directly. "
The likelihood of that is miniscule though. The Yuuzhan Vong's immunity was due to their biological armor as well. I see what you're saying but even if Luke were not to block Scott's beam, there are a hundred other ways he could take him down. "
Cyclops makes landing strips and clears out forests, he's also a master tactician, it's been clearly stated the less he thinks the better he is so in a random meeting, Scott by himself would be more than "Little trouble"
#14 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: @TheCrowbar: 
if you want a good X-Man/Jedi fight try Cable vs Luke. that would be closer than Scott.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.