Why is it everytime jean comes back

#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

it has to be without the phoenix force?

Also every time she comes back she "claims" she wants nothing to do with the phoenix while, in new x-men she was expanding her power and trying not to lose control.

I dont see anything wrong if jean comes back with phoenix powers

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so tired of the Phoenix force

#3 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

it has to be without the phoenix force?

Also every time she comes back she "claims" she wants nothing to do with the phoenix while, in new x-men she was expanding her power and trying not to lose control.

I dont see anything wrong if jean comes back with phoenix powers

People are sick of reading the same story over and over.

#4 Posted by HumanRocket (9336 posts) - - Show Bio

The writers don't know how to handle the Phoenix Force. It is one of the most overused thing in comics.

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

The writers don't know how to handle the Phoenix Force. It is one of the most overused thing in comics.

What would have been better is if Jean Grey in the white hot room opens her own school for phoenix wielders/hosts. Goes around the universe collecting them and training them so no one goes dark phoenix anymore. Heck she can even have students like kid omega, hope summers, stepford cuckoos, etc. Also have teachers like rachel or professor x(btw prof x did have the potential to be phoenix like most powerful telepaths)

#6 Edited by Dayvid3 (855 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan, but why have it? Can't she even be quasi-normal? Does she need it, it need her, how long has she ever been separated from it? Every time I catch her, she's always flaming on and causing grief. I'd prefer her corpsed up, but if she must be around why all the drama? I noticed since the young jean return, so many X-men, mainly the women kept snapping comments like , ugh just like in high school. Her own powers should be enough to make her interesting to people who like her. Or is that her identity, burgeoning overpowered galactic menace?

#7 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

What would have been better is if Jean Grey in the white hot room opens her own school for phoenix wielders/hosts. Goes around the universe collecting them and training them so no one goes dark phoenix anymore. Heck she can even have students like kid omega, hope summers, stepford cuckoos, etc. Also have teachers like rachel or professor x(btw prof x did have the potential to be phoenix like most powerful telepaths)

I dunno, I kind of hoped Jean would escape the White Hot Room, and just go into hiding across the universe, never returning to Earth. Think Ultimate Karen Grant + Bruce Banner + Annihilators: She tries to stay out of stuff, keep her head down, but inevitably ends up using her abilities and eventually going all Phoenix for a bit. In control, but with it's rep, everyone is scared of her, waiting for her to go Dark.

#8 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

The phoenix is Jean's thing. Everytime the writers tried to give it to other characters (Hope, the cuckoos, the phonix 5) it resulted in awful stories. Rachel is the only other person who can more or less work as a phoenix host and that's because of her relationship with Jean. So I'm not against Jean coming back as phoenix.

#9 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

The phoenix is Jean's thing. Everytime the writers tried to give it to other characters (Hope, the cuckoos, the phonix 5) it resulted in awful stories. Rachel is the only other person who can more or less work as a phoenix host and that's because of her relationship with Jean. So I'm not against Jean coming back as phoenix.

But my point is why did she hate the phoenix in x-factor and suddenly loved the phoenix in new x-men(before she died)?????

#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

I dunno, I kind of hoped Jean would escape the White Hot Room, and just go into hiding across the universe, never returning to Earth. Think Ultimate Karen Grant + Bruce Banner + Annihilators: She tries to stay out of stuff, keep her head down, but inevitably ends up using her abilities and eventually going all Phoenix for a bit. In control, but with it's rep, everyone is scared of her, waiting for her to go Dark.

That would be cool, like shes kinda retired away from earth. Although knowing jean if there was trouble on other plannets or universes she would probably try to help them

#11 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93 said:

But my point is why did she hate the phoenix in x-factor and suddenly loved the phoenix in new x-men(before she died)?????

A lot of things happened between x-factor and new x-men so it's possible she just changed her mind. The phoenix usurped her identity and mudered millions so that's probably why she hated it at the beginning.

#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93 said:

A lot of things happened between x-factor and new x-men so it's possible she just changed her mind. The phoenix usurped her identity and mudered millions so that's probably why she hated it at the beginning.

Or the current writers changed the past writers characters......lol no continuly at all

#13 Edited by Reactor (2660 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a better question; why does Jean KEEP COMING BACK?

#14 Edited by Koays (2840 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like there are a lot more stories to be told with Jean coming back that don't involve the Phoenix. I mean just imagine a Jean story about coming back after M-Day or while the X-men are on Utopia. With the Phoenix it's just another 6 month event that contradicts the last event and makes it harder to remember why she was important to begin with.

#15 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see jean come back with the phoenix dormant to live the rest of her life as she see's fit. Just seem's to me that after putting all the parts of the phoenix back together the big fire bird could use a nap.

No phoenix powers but acknowledge the fact that she is host.

Then have her tell logan they well never be together and I would be happy.

#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor said:

Here's a better question; why does Jean KEEP COMING BACK?

Cause shes "the great jean grey and popular"???? lol imo Or maybe shes the great psychic warrior princess, XP

#17 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see jean come back with the phoenix dormant to live the rest of her life as she see's fit. Just seem's to me that after putting all the parts of the phoenix back together the big fire bird could use a nap.

Poor logan, he can never catch a break....lol

#18 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsonlord53 said:

Poor logan, he can never catch a break....lol

Well looking at his track record with offspring ..... Shudder.

I like how logan and jean was handled in the 1610 universe so if an adult jean comes back I hope marvel would go that route.

#19 Posted by zappingmania (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, do you think Logan loves Jean Grey, that guy has a lot of girlfriends, he even had a child with one of them, well Daken its one of his sons, we dont know if he has others around xD, I think the problem of Jean Grey its simple, Phoenix, Phoenix its cool but bored and ironic, because I trully believe that she is the most powerful force of the universe, but at the same time thats a uncool statement, because she can take down Thanos with the gauntlet and even Onslaught, this is a lesson, that a character isnt cool by the powers, Jean Grey was cool without Phoenix, for example Phoenix in the movies, was a very lame idea, very bored and badly done, her best part was the end when she destroyed everything with atomic telekinesis, but the rest was blah and Wolverine cant do anything about Phoenix, she is galactic being, she can create stargates, she can even enter in a star without suffer any pain or destruction, sure Wolverine is an omega mutant, but Phoenix too and The omega mutant for sure.

The story of Phoenix is this way, Jean made a sacrifice as a way to save her loves ones, then as a reward she transforms on Phoenix, then all this power burned her down, till the death, see, its an infinity cicle, remember Phoenix eh Jean died in the spaceship, then she rebirth again, that was her first time, then she died as a dark phoenix and rebirth again, but this time it took a long period, she is inmortal, in some way, Phoenix its a curse for Jean Grey, since the whole saga represents the idea of a Phoenix, the bird that burned itself and rebirth over and over, and over, and over, and over, till the end of times when probably she will just hang out with eternity and death and wait to built a new realm xD

#20 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93 said:

@mechem_93 said:

Yeah well if she does come back alive shes going to just say "the phoenix did it" and she would want nothing to do with the phoenix again. And everyone would totally ignore the is she phoenix host or not. Also by the time she will die again, just before she dies shes going to absolutely love the phoenix again, lol.

oh heres a fun page from uxm15

at the top jean grey says celeste is mad at her because i havent grown up to be that thing yet. Isnt that what teen cyclops said at the beginning of anxm when he said hes not going to kill charles xavier, it will never happen. Weird repeating dialogue, bendis?

#21 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so tired of the Phoenix force

Agreed. I am completely willing to accept the Dark Phoenix retcon, but to keep bringing the PF back just convinces writers to nuke her character each time she could have legitimate character development.

#22 Posted by darthphoenix (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: because Rachel asked her to take back the Phoenix name and made her realize the beauty of having the phoenix, that she can make so much difference/change with the phoenix power. Just like what rachel did when she had the phoenix. This was sometime in age of apocalypse, during the adventures of cyclops and phoenix

#23 Posted by Novemberx2 (478 posts) - - Show Bio

different writers, and predictable editorial interference

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.