Who should Write jean's return??

#1 Edited by ssstarquin (60 posts) - - Show Bio

After endless debate about the impending schism in X- men and if jean will return i wanted to find out if at all jean does return,who among the marvel writers is fit to write jeans return again.. IMO a tactfully handled return of jean along with jean/scott return could make for an iconic issue that could immortalise a writer.. just as it immortalised morrisson for doing the opposite... SO which marvel writer wud be brave enough to accept ridicule or praise for jean's return...??  

-morrisson's out cos he wud never bring her back... 
-da damage done by morrson was so gr8 even long time jean/scott fan chris claremont cudnt salvage the relationship.he gave up on it nd got logan/jean together which made jean luk like a cheating skank and  da fierce wolverine a lovey dovey weak in the legs schoolboy in x men forever.. although da artwork and rendering was unrivalled... 
-also theres brian mike bendis,matt faction,ed brubaker,jon hickman,jason aaron who all write different characters 4 marvel..  

so if u cud chose any marvel writer to write X-men(jean's return in particular)..  who wud u pick.. can b any writer.doesnt need to write x series..my favourites r chris,fabian niseza 4m da 90s, nd of course stan the man himself...  
then theres lieber,roger stern(spiderman),jon ostrander,peter david(hulk,x men),jon byrne,mark wade....walt simonson,strarlin.... who cud handle jean best?? 

PS-pls dont argue wether she should return or not... suppose shes returning..who wud handle it best...  

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison

#3 Posted by ssstarquin (60 posts) - - Show Bio

he aldready killed her.. y wud he bring her back  just to kill her.again.. nd whom wud he pair her with...actually i dont think morrisson saw jean at all while emma was there..

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssstarquin: I just picked him cause he's a good writer 
#5 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
Christos N. Gage. I really want to see him write some X-Men. I know he wrote a X-Men/Spider-Man mini but I never read it. Although, I did enjoy his WWH X-Men tie-in. I really think he's a great writer and works really well with team interaction. (Union Jack,  Mighty Avengers, Avengers Academy & all of his House of M tie-in's serve as example to back that statement.)
#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
Grant Morrison
Nah, Grant sees Jean as the stagnant relic she is, hence why he killed her. You need a bad writer to bring Jean back, since any good writer wouldn't do it. 
I'll nominate Marjorie Liu or Victor Gischler.
#7 Posted by treysome (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Morrison (I mean who else do you really see? esp looking at the current x-writers).  He did make me a fan of Jean to begin with.  He was going to bring her back anyways if he was on the title longer but the x-editors said to hold off on it.  So he wrote Here Comes Tomorrow and ended it at that.  She needs to stay away from Cyclops look what happens to the women in his life.  Things can't be the same as it was.  It's time for Jean grow as well and step forward.  Who's to say you might even like her better off single :)

Jean Grey from the Ashes written by Grant Morrison  Art by Mike Choi and Sonia Oback

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: In that case go with Bendis cause when you absolutely need an awful writer he's the guy for you unless you want it to seem like a poorly written Mary Sue story then you go for Stephanie Myers (I don't care if its spelled right)
#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: I hate Jean Grey, but even she doesn't deserve Bendis. Stephanie Meyer is a better writer than him anyhow.  Come at me, Avengers fans.

(Every Jean story save New X-men is a poorly written Mary Sue story lol)
#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Those were the absolute worst I could think of. I've always believed Bendis is to comics what Meyer is to novels 
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Nice comparison, I agree completely.
#12 Posted by ssstarquin (60 posts) - - Show Bio

wow.. ppl must really hate jean if they wud let bendis write her.... ok .. now im confused.. is this a jean grey HATE board...??

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssstarquin: I actually like Jean I was just responding to FadetoBlackbolt saying we should have a bad writer doing it and Bendis was the worst I could think of
#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison OFC

#15 Edited by time (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed Brubaker should write for Jean Grey return and Marc Silvestri  should be the artists, or Craig Kyle, Chris Yost and Sonia Oback, they sure create the story for her return. Writers and artists who understands characters, not someone like Grant Morrison, who got rid of her in the first place. He  doesn't deserve to write her return. He is a total moron.

#16 Posted by HexThis (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve McNiven or maybe Brubaker or Peter David. Someone who isn't a self-important idiot like Fraction.

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@time
 Ed Brubaker should write for Jean Grey return and Marc Silvestri  should be the artists, or Craig Kyle, Chris Yost and Sonia Oback, they sure create the story for her return. Writers and artists who understands characters, not someone like Grant Morrison, who got rid of her in the first place. He  doesn't deserve to write her return. He is a total moron.
Grant Morrison wrote the best Jean Grey stories in years.
#18 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

No one should write her return. She shouldnt return.
#19 Posted by HexThis (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@time
Grant Morrison wrote the best Jean Grey stories in years.
If I recall correctly, Morrison didn't want to kill Jean, it was an editorial decision. 

But I agree, Morrison was good at writing for Jean. He made her sympathetic and clever but not Mary-Sueish, I particularly liked her interaction with Beast and the Professor. I liked it when Beast complains about not being able to play guitar and longer because of his paws to which Jean replies "So then you can learn to play the drums, you've always wanted to" or something of that effect, it was a really sweet interaction. Plus, he's one of the only writers to let her beat people up!
#20 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to write Jean Grey's return... i love x-men & she my favorite character

#21 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Fraction because he's already being attacked for ruining the X-Men so he may as well do it for real by bringing Jean back.

#22 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns or Ed Brubaker.

#23 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio

NO 1 GOOD

#24 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss whendon

#25 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's be honest, it's not going to be Morrison or Whedon. I doubt either of them would come back at this point, nor would they risk spoiling their god-like x-men writer status.

Knowing Marvel, they'll give it to Matt Fraction *shudder*

But honestly, it'll be Jason Aaron. My pick would be Rick Remender, look at how good his X-book is right now.

#26 Posted by LadyHarley (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison because he knows how to write but he also wrote jeans death....so if she is coming back, whoever makes her return i want it to be jean, not phoenix jean, just jean.

#27 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, this thread was created on my brithday.

#28 Posted by Dernman (14763 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I don't want her to return if Cyclops is still with Emma. I don't like her with anyone else (especially wolverine) and right now I think the X universe is at a point there isn't room for her. THat might change but not if Cyclops is with Emma IMO.

#29 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

invasion of the body snatchers

#30 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

616 current timeline jean is gone with "no more phoenix" so who every is writing the X book with the O5 is bringing jean back. Funny that should mean her and her universe are gone but comics work in funny ways.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.