White Crown.

#1 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Was wondering if anyone else thinks a white crown phoenix comic would work.

My thinking is it would

1 bring the current jean back into the marvel U the cosmic part but still.

2 it could explain what she's being up to.

3 it could expand the marvel cosmic universe we did see aliens betting on which worlds the phoenix would destroy in the build up to AvX. It would be neat to see the history of the phoenix from new worlds.

4 it would be nice to see how she deal's with the host's of the phoenix shard's both the dark and light host.

5 jean and the phoenix are they one and the same or is it more a case of jean driving and the phoenix providing the power.

#2 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Was wondering if anyone else thinks a white crown phoenix comic would work.

My thinking is it would

1 bring the current jean back into the marvel U the cosmic part but still.

2 it could explain what she's being up to.

3 it could expand the marvel cosmic universe we did see aliens betting on which worlds the phoenix would destroy in the build up to AvX. It would be neat to see the history of the phoenix from new worlds.

4 it would be nice to see how she deal's with the host's of the phoenix shard's both the dark and light host.

5 jean and the phoenix are they one and the same or is it more a case of jean driving and the phoenix providing the power.

She'd be a bit too powerful IMO especially considering the feats we've seen from the P5 who only have a part of the phoenix. I don't think there would be any interesting stories that could be told with her being the "white phoenix", the enemies would have to be just as powerful.

The only way we will ever see this version of Jean IMO is in an event (an x-men one or a crossover with other titles i.e. Fear Itself) where the threat is one of a cosmic level like Thanos. It would give her a reason to intervene (she should have been involved in AVX, but Marvel hates its fans) and she would lose her power at the end and be able to rejoin the current x-men.

I don't think Marvel will ever write any stories involving her any more because then they wouldn't be able to tease her return to boost sales.

#3 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: Sad but true.

It would still be nice to see what she's being up too.

#4 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there could be a way to approach it without the need for her to have "enemies" of the sort. IMO it would be just as great to see her doing Phoenix Work and observing the universe....like Death in Sandman, just doing her day job.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd pass on this

#6 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I'd pass on this

What if it was written extremely well?

It could work....maybe. Otherwise, I'd probably pass as well; Marvel has used JG as a plot device one too may times.

#7 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Jean.....but im bored with the Phoenix Force, it was presented in another thread that the Phoenix leaves Jean & she can "deal" with the X-Men, i just think as White Phoenix of the crown she's achieved an infinite amount of power so what could she do? i think with a lotta creativity it could work though so im inclined to agree with @Osian2: slightly

#8 Posted by Mr Marvel82 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I started doing a fan fiction about Jean in the White Hot Room a few years back. That's where I created the character in my avatar. His name was the Child of Light, and he was there to help Jean merge fully with the Phoenix force/ reach her fullest potential. Or decide not too. In which case, she would simply be dead.

#9 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be smart of Marvel to do a short White Phoenix series, just to tie up loose ends and answer a lot of the questions about Jean/PF.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.