Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8002 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Where the hell is the white phoenix of the crown and....

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthphoenix

.....do we have to wait 49 years for the young jean to improve her powers?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Crimsonlord53

We don,t know.

So we wait and see.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: @Crimsonlord53: I think marvel just wanted to bring jean grey back for x-men's 50th anniversary

oh and in all-new x-men #2 jean says she doesnt want to be dead

Madame_Blossom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Madame_Blossom

She managed to put Wolverine to sleep with her undeveloped telepathy.... she's already powerful....

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adult scott: what time is it???

teen jean: its about half past time to kick ur butt!!!

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Matchstick

@Madame_Blossom said:

She managed to put Wolverine to sleep with her undeveloped telepathy.... she's already powerful....

or you know...that was just bad writing.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"There is no such thing as no longer needed, you are precious Jean, if not to Scott then to your other team mates, you are not precious as Marvel Girl the X-woman or the Phoenix of the white crown, but as Jean Grey the person"

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Jean as the white phoenix of the crown lives in the white hot room gathering phoenix fragments that shattered in a million pieces but nobody knows what happens when she puts all the phoenix fragments back together

Avatar image for therealjeangrey
    TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

White Phoenix of the Crown is the highest point any weilder of the phoenix can acheive, until recently, it was only Jean, but Hope (holds back vomit) has shown it. Also she is Omega Level, so Wolverine only let her kno what she was already capable of, she just explored that part of her powers earlier than original. Thus why she is Omega Level, her potential is limitless. And i hate to say this because im the biggest Jean Grey fan, but i think Marvel is gonna kill her off for good. I think whenever she goes back to the past, when on the shuttle she will possibly reject the phoenix instead of taking it. Thus keeping her dead from the crash at Jamaica bay onward. Marvels treatment of the X-Men and Jean sucks anyway, now look at Rogue, they called her a whore, she has only been with 2 people. she couldnt touch anyone for more than 20 years so how is she a whore. its just bad treatment of great characters that brought so much to the brand that is X-Men and Marvel. -end rant-

Madame_Blossom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Madame_Blossom

@Matchstick said:

@Madame_Blossom said:

Maybe but coming from Jean.... she's full of surprises.

So I won't doubt that lol

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Matchstick

@Madame_Blossom said:

@Matchstick said:

@Madame_Blossom said:

Nah, I'll stick with bad writing. She went from not even knowing she was a telepath to knocking out Logan and reading his mind afterward. Last I checked Logan has Psi Shields, yet Jean blasts right through them on her first attempt at using her powers? You may not have read the old X-men books, but I have and Jean was never written as that powerful so early on.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Matchstick said:

@Madame_Blossom said:

@Matchstick said:

@Madame_Blossom said:

Nah, I'll stick with bad writing. She went from not even knowing she was a telepath to knocking out Logan and reading his mind afterward. Last I checked Logan has Psi Shields, yet Jean blasts right through them on her first attempt at using her powers? You may not have read the old X-men books, but I have and Jean was never written as that powerful so early on.

Yea but they tweaked that part didn't they? I think they just changed it to she was always omega but Prof X blocked off her ability to access most of her powers till she could handle it. Cause they love retconning her powers lol

I hope they explain that it in someway like due to the time travel the barriers in her mind are weakening or something otherwise it's too ridiculous that as a noob telepath she knocked wolverine out.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@EnSabahNurX:

I was thinking something along those lines as well... Because there is no Xavier in the present/future, that's why Jean's telepathy kicked in so powerfully. How she learned to control it so quickly could still be an issue. Or maybe not, when you have mutants like Rogue or Hope who instantly become masters of the powers they steal.

That scene was funny none the less. I give Bendis props for making me LOL a few times in the issue.

Madame_Blossom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Madame_Blossom

@Matchstick said:

@Madame_Blossom said:

@Matchstick said:

@Madame_Blossom said:

I'm aware of her earlier presence in X-men. True that her telepathy weren't at it's greatest during that time but Jean is of a special case. I mean Logan psi-shields aren't depicted as great either. Emma and few other telepath manage to enter his mind. As well as Jean doing the impossible and bypassing Emma's diamond form. Though I'm starting to think it could be due to her jumping forward in time... hopefully they resolve this.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Matchstick

@Madame_Blossom: I hope so to. You can't really say his psi-shields aren't good though, they came from Xavier himself. Jean isn't really a special case though. Sure she was incredibly powerful and all, but blasting through Psi shields made by Xavier with literally zero experience using the ability? That's just fishy. Either way the new series is turning out pretty well.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@Matchstick said:

@Madame_Blossom: I hope so to. You can't really say his psi-shields aren't good though, they came from Xavier himself. Jean isn't really a special case though. Sure she was incredibly powerful and all, but blasting through Psi shields made by Xavier with literally zero experience using the ability? That's just fishy. Either way the new series is turning out pretty well.

Her not knowing about her telepathy and having no skill in using it is the bad writing. Her telepathy manifested first and is the reason she even met Xavier and became an Xmen, it was also what helped Xavier find a young Scott, as Xavier was still training her in using it which is why once it was turned back on she was quickly regarded as his only rival. What she did to Wolverine is not bad writing, it's consistent with the fact that in the past when her tp was reactivated she could even mind blast helmeted Juggernaut, proving that she was always more powerful than Xavier. It seemed very easy for her to break the shields he placed in her mind to keep her tp locked up, so why would Xaviers psi blocks in the mind of another stop her?

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@therealjeangrey: Hope has never been White Phoenix of the Crown. Possessing a White Phoenix suit doesn't prove anything. There is only one 'White Phoenix of the Crown' and that is Jean Grey, the 'one true phoenix'. To be White Phoenix, you must lead the Corps and more importantly, it only seems to exist in the White Hot Room.

Nothing Hope has ever done exists on the same scale that White Phoenix can accomplish.

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip said:

@therealjeangrey: Hope has never been White Phoenix of the Crown. Possessing a White Phoenix suit doesn't prove anything. There is only one 'White Phoenix of the Crown' and that is Jean Grey, the 'one true phoenix'. To be White Phoenix, you must lead the Corps and more importantly, it only seems to exist in the White Hot Room.

Nothing Hope has ever done exists on the same scale that White Phoenix can accomplish.

That's gospel!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope's white phoenix shit is just a costume. it doesnt mean she's more powerful than the other hosts. In fact, rachel, said it herself that the color of the costume only depends on the host's preference. She wore the red/dark phoenix costume and her power levels and sanity was just the same. she also wore the green and blue phoenix costumes. For a long time, she wore her hound uniform while serving as host to the phoenix force. Rachel also said that the red dark phoenix costume only means that the phoenix/her mom clearly has a flare for fashion

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.