When Jean Grey Do Come Back Will She Avenge Her Family?

#1 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

The Shiar murdered Jeans Entire Family afraid they can become a host for the Phoenix. Writers already said Jean Grey will come back but they do not want to rush it. Do you think she will attack the Shiar when learning her entire family is dead?? 
 


#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who's writing her.  If it's Fraction, she'll probably just cry and mope about that Cyclops isn't paying her enough attention ;)
Moderator
#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: When was it confirmed that she is coming back?
#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Rachel already avenge them during War of Kings?

Moderator
#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

And attacking the ShIar smacks of Dark Phoenix. I doubt they'll go that route.

Moderator
#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
"And attacking the ShIar smacks of Dark Phoenix. I doubt they'll go that route. "

That's what I was thinking, more likely there will be a forgive and forget kind of situation.
#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC
@The Dark Huntress said:
"And attacking the ShIar smacks of Dark Phoenix. I doubt they'll go that route. "

That's what I was thinking, more likely there will be a forgive and forget kind of situation.
I don't really see that happening either. It was a Death Squad tasked with nothing other than to kill her entire family. That's not something that you forgive and forget. I could see them avoiding it entirely, though.
Moderator
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @xerox-kitty: When was it confirmed that she is coming back? "

We all know she will come back.  But it hasn't been said when... I don't think they're planning it yet.  So basically, it'll be whoever is writing Uncanny X-Men... or whenever Mr Fraction is bored of writing a blonde telepath & wants a redhead to cry over Cyclops instead.
Moderator
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

She always comes back. That's pretty much a given.

Moderator
#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @xerox-kitty: When was it confirmed that she is coming back? "
We all know she will come back.  But it hasn't been said when... I don't think they're planning it yet.  So basically, it'll be whoever is writing Uncanny X-Men... or whenever Mr Fraction is bored of writing a blonde telepath & wants a redhead to cry over Cyclops instead. "
lol Ok then. Btw, sometimes I receive your replies, sometimes I don't. This time I didn't.
#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @PrinceIMC
@The Dark Huntress said:
"And attacking the ShIar smacks of Dark Phoenix. I doubt they'll go that route. "

That's what I was thinking, more likely there will be a forgive and forget kind of situation.
I don't really see that happening either. It was a Death Squad tasked with nothing other than to kill her entire family. That's not something that you forgive and forget. I could see them avoiding it entirely, though. "

See but the Death Squad has been eliminated and the Shi'ar have since been decimated so I don't think there's anyone left to blame. Not like she's going to hold the remaining Shi'ar responsible. It's kinda like when Jean found out about Scott and Emma she didn't really react too badly. I think if she's got a shred of the Phoenix left she'll understand that death is a natural part of life and not hold a grudge against those that perpetrated it. Though I've kinda always wanted a character to have absolute power but be an absolute pacifist.
#12 Posted by psyrax2k11 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people forget that Jean is the one who pushed Scott to be with Emma at the end of "Here comes Tomorrow," to save the school and so that future never happens.  I think Jean already knows about the death of her family, because at the very end of an Uncanny X-men issue, where Rachel is visiting the Grey's, right after Jean's mother is killed, you see Jean appear in the sky and what looks like souls coming to her.  I personally cannot wait for Jean to return, it's been seven years now, it's time for her come back.
#13 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

She will probably come back to deal with Hope....

#14 Posted by sandman813 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jean was the one who created hope so the mutants wouldn't go extinct .That's why Hope has the phoenix and looks like jean .As far as hope's mother jean either put her essence into her or waited to place hope at the hospital after her death. I also believe that's why the X-men coulnd't find her father because she has no father to start with.
#15 Posted by HexThis (900 posts) - - Show Bio
@psyrax2k11 said:
" I think a lot of people forget that Jean is the one who pushed Scott to be with Emma at the end of "Here comes Tomorrow," to save the school and so that future never happens.  I think Jean already knows about the death of her family, because at the very end of an Uncanny X-men issue, where Rachel is visiting the Grey's, right after Jean's mother is killed, you see Jean appear in the sky and what looks like souls coming to her.  I personally cannot wait for Jean to return, it's been seven years now, it's time for her come back. "
I've always thought that was ridiculous that Jean "pushed" Scott to be with Emma. Isn't it convenient the weight of the world requires that Cyke continue to bang his mistress?  But I agree, I can't wait for her to return. 
 
Frankly though, I hope when Jean comes back she's a bit of an emotional mess. Marvel has dealt too much with the Phoenix's godly duties rather than Jean's inner conflict. Nobody, nobody who loses their entire family would be all gung-ho about it. Maybe to alleviate the pain she could come into life again through Hope so that she has some notion of family to compensate for the one she lost (even though Cable did die as well), I honestly couldn't deal with Hope being yet another daughter for Jean to look after, I can't hardly stand Rachel as it is.  
#16 Posted by jeangreysummers (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@HexThis:
Couldn't have said it better myself.  The deus ex machina crap they pulled by having the future resting on the relationship with Emma bothered me so much I stopped reading.  Also, Fraction really is terrible at writing her so despite the fact that I want her back desperately, I really want it to be done right....and Fraction isn't the one to do it.
#17 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope she kills Emma. Unlikely, but still.

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandman813

I think Jean was the one who created hope so the mutants wouldn't go extinct .That's why Hope has the phoenix and looks like jean .As far as hope's mother jean either put her essence into her or waited to place hope at the hospital after her death. I also believe that's why the X-men coulnd't find her father because she has no father to start with.
I think you're wrong.

Being a redhead and a PF user doesn't automatically mean you're a reincarnation of (or creation of) Jean Grey.
Moderator
#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
@desperado_

I hope she kills Emma. Unlikely, but still.

How does that have anything to do with this topic?
Moderator
#20 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@desperado_

I hope she kills Emma. Unlikely, but still.

How does that have anything to do with this topic?

Who are you? The topic monitor?

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@desperado_ said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@desperado_

I hope she kills Emma. Unlikely, but still.

How does that have anything to do with this topic?

Who are you? The topic monitor?

Not at all, I'm just wondering why you'd bump a nearly year old thread with something that isn't even relevant to the discussion at hand.

Moderator
#22 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@desperado_ said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@desperado_

I hope she kills Emma. Unlikely, but still.

How does that have anything to do with this topic?

Who are you? The topic monitor?

Not at all, I'm just wondering why you'd bump a nearly year old thread with something that isn't even relevant to the discussion at hand.

I Googled something comic related and this came up soooooo.... yeah. Didn't even noticed the age of this thread till now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.