What if: Jean Grey

#1 Posted by Queen's Halo (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, apparently she is going to appear in What if story titled: What if Jean Grey was resurrected instead of Colossus? The other one is about Danger and Ultron. Cover is awesome, but is it a good idea? What are your opinions and thoughts? What would you to in this story?
#2 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like emmas phoenix in that particular story.
#3 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmkphoenixfan1:
i would so hate that because if emma gets the phoenix im going to be a jean fanboy because firstly the phoenix does nothing but destroy whatever charater it enters i use to love jean but after the phoenix saga i cant stand her anymore and its a what if issue so it really doesnt matter

#4 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh I hate the way Jean looks in this picture. Emma looks awesome tho.  

As long as they don't write Jean as a simpering damsel in distress or Emma as a  b**** who only cares about herself, then I say it's an okay idea.
#5 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean looks so girly there.... I like her looking mean and badass instead.

#6 Posted by jeangreyemmafrost (119 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait........ Jean looks cute at the cover, Em looks sl***y though..........Scott well he looks like a jerk

#7 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeangreyemmafrost:
um darling emma does not look sluty 
who are you to say what looks sluty  
just because its not your taste then that does 
not mean that you can bash on what emma whers 
maybe emma and your taste are completly diffrent 
who knows  
#8 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Breaker envoy of Setron:
um sorry to break this liitle word you are in but jean is never baddass 
she is always looking like that
#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like emma is kinda hot in that story
#10 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne:
look everyone can state an opion so however i choose to say mine thats my choice so please 
dont reply to anything i sayy 
and my opion is jean is nothing but spit on the ground 
compared to emma  
thats why scott 
got bored with her 
shes plain and shes boring  
scott wanted more 
and hunn write yourself silly i wont read 
it as far as i am con. 
this conversation between us has eneded now 
live with those words i just wrote
#11 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily:
No she's not. Depending on the series and writer, Jean has been badass    . That's why I'm a fan of hers.   

#12 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma doesn t look slutty, she looks beautiful and so does jean.
#13 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh great another Jean VS Emma thread..... 

What about the story ppl? 

In my opinion this story could prove intresting.... I never knew how Collosus resurected (I came in after that) but I would still like to see this!
#14 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

No its not another silly fight between jean and emma... the story could prove to be a hit or miss for some fans. I think emma will pull a mind whammy on jean or something and gain control of part of the pf. Just a guess though.
#15 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what would be interesting?  

If Emma were a villain, and she did a sort of Hellfire-type thing by persuading/tricking Jean Grey into giving in to her Dark Phoenix side. Then they can both team up against Scott and kick his ass! The Ultimate Villainous Female Duo. Lol they'd even beat out Ivy and Harley.  

Of course, they'd have to lose in the end. Emma would be defeated and Jean would either be "saved" from her Phoenix-y side, or she'd die. Again, lol.
#16 Edited by MeganWayne (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and  Jean  are fabulous but we need to get rid of the Phoenix Force it kills characters

#17 Edited by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@MeganWayne:
i know it turned jean into a terrible charater and really dont emma having it 
the phoenix even destroyed the stepford c. and they didnt even have it for that 
long :(
#18 Posted by MeganWayne (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea 

#19 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@MeganWayne: Yea
#20 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks:
HELL YEA LMAO
#21 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily: lol        %Pr
#22 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and emma would be such a good teamup... like buffy and faith! Don t worry about the cuckoos, jean will be stopping by soon to take back whats hers!
#23 Edited by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1:
Im glad she will  because just because the phoenix force 
ruined her char. 
doesnt mean it has to ruin the  
others  
so jean can have the phoenix force 
im pretty shure the stepford c. will more the  
happly give her the force back 
:)
#24 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Phoenix Force... it's what made me a fan of Jean Grey. Without it, she just becomes a background sweet girl IMO. And I really like the Cuckoos with a fraction of the Phoenix Force, too. Then again I just really like the Cuckoos period.
#25 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool :
i love the stepford c. 
but dont you like them more when it was 5 of them 
but nut case kid omega had to ruin everything and 
also magneto :( 
and and yea thats why i cant get 
into liking jean she has to be perfect all the 
time thats soo boring i mean im not bashing her or anything its  
just i dont want to read about controling powers 
i was read about somehing exciting thats why 
if emma isnt in it i dont watch or read
#26 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily:
To each her own. Or his own. Whatever. :)
#27 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the cuckoos too... like little emmas they are! What the f**k happened to their diamond forms? In uxm 516 i love how land draws the tp effect around them... want to see that w jean. One of the reasons i like jean is bc she can be good and bad and is one of the most powerful comic book characters of all time.
#28 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1:
The onlii thing i can tell you about there diamond 
form is the stepford c.  
could turn certain parts of their bodys 
into diamond unlike emma 
but no the stepfords are emotionless 
because emma turned their hearts into diamond 
to lock a fragment of the phoenix force inside them 
i feel so bad for the girls they didnt 
deserve that :(
#29 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they ever used their diamond forms outside of warsong?
#30 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1:
not that i know of 
that was my first time even knowing they had  
a diamond form 
and if you 
did all the stepford c.  
have tk or just one 
of them and im not shure which one 
it was who used it on wolverine in warsong 
because i get the confused alot :(
#31 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio
@irishfaerie12490:
I love Emma too :)  but I have a weakness for redheads. Thus I like Jean better. But they are both awesome.
#32 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why is a picture of emma your av?
#33 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1:
I really loved the pic of Emma, so I put it as my av. My last av was Willow Rosenburg, a redhead. ;)  

BTW, your av is lovely.
#34 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@irishfaerie12490:
Thats because she became the phoenix 
jean was never bad ass whenever she was just normal jean 
#35 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (93 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool said:
"@cmkphoenixfan1:
I really loved the pic of Emma, so I put it as my av. My last av was Willow Rosenburg, a redhead. ;)   BTW, your av is lovely. "

Oh thanks your so sweet! Im a big fan of willow too. Loving the hell out of season 8
#36 Posted by Gene_Pool (647 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1:
The comics, right? Ive only read the first two. :(
#37 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (159 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait to pick this up :) 
Jean and Cyke look great in it...Emma looks kinda evil though :P
#38 Edited by Jingurei (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, hope they don't treat Jean as that much of a girly character that she isn't.  And, PLEASE, don't give Emma the Phoenix Force.  She would be consumed by it, just like Diamanda Nero(a?).  

Uh, sorry, but taking on Sabertooth TWICE without the Phoenix Force makes her NOT a badass?  She jumped in between a blue Archangel and almost berserk Wolverine and that isn't badass?  I am simply referring to the comment that Jean isn't so as normal Jean, after all.  I guess, maybe, a different definition of the word is being used than the one I and the dictionary use...?  As to that, it certainly makes her moreso than Emma.  Btw, I don't think Emma has EVER been that much of badass, at all, myself until recently.  (It just has not been according to her character, darling.  They've only written her AS badass out of context, in the cases that are most likely being referred to, here.)  Paul Cornell knows how to write Emma's character  and HE is the one that made her that way, in the actual context of her character.  I have never liked Emma until Paul Cornell wrote her because her character was rather flat.  Btw, I LOVE Mystique and, imo, she has ALWAYS been WAY more badass than Jean OR Emma.  (So, if you think that Emma's attitude was the reason I didn't like her, it wasn't.)   

The Phoenix is a symbol of rebirth and, of course, one has to die to be reborn.  And, btw, the Phoenix was the ultimate expression of Jean's atavistic nature.  That means she IS badass.  Sorry.     

I LOVE the cuckoos.  Liked them before I liked Emma.  Hmmm.... 

#39 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean looks cute imo 
I think the reason she looks scared is cuz Emma's probably got the Phoenix Force (this is probably why Cyke's crying too)
#40 Posted by Vallary (60 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY I can't even START to describe how MUCH I hated this comic! 
This is so out of character It's almost funny. 

First I'd like to say that i love Jean Grey. So don't get me wrong. But.

Yes, the story takes place before the whole Cyclops'  "I'm in love with you now"-deal, so we could say he didn't actually love Emma at that moment. And then Jean comes back, who died on his hands, so it's only logical to break up with Emma because, you know, she was just a sexy woman holding Jeans place warm in case she comes back, right? Right?
Oh, crap, wait a minute! Cyclops was actually with Emma when Jean was alive! He didn't even feel ashamed about kissing Frost near Jean's grave, because he wanted to act like he wanted to act and do what his heart told him to do. Oh, how could we forget about that! But if we didn't, then the writer certainly did. 
The whole deal with Scott being all over Jean the second she comes back is really stupid. He told Emma himself - if he would find himself liking another woman, he will do everything to get his thoughts off her, he will bury himself in work. Does it sound like Scott? Sure. Does him hitting on Jean in her bedroom at her FIRST night at the Institute sound like Scott? Hardly.
Oh, and does anyone recall Scott telling Jean that he loves her before she died? No? Yeah, because it never happened. She called him a friend and he apologized, that was it. If you don't tell your wife you love her when she is about to die, it almost certainly proves the love is gone. 
And I HATE Scott standing near Jean when Emma dies. I HATE her hand on his shoulder - does the woman have no respect? Emma is dead and Jean makes her move on Scott? Christ! It stinks of "Wolverine and the X-Men" so much I want to throw up.
I hate Emma in this What if, too. What the hell? Yes, Cassandra Nova has driven her insane, but what did Emma do? She fought it, she made the X-Men hate her so they would kill her and so she would not harm them. She certainly would NOT kill Stepford Cuckoos! She was driven by guilt, remember? Of her children dying on Genosha? How exactly can guilt make her kill some more of her students? Her daughters? So no, I'm not buying it.
I should say that Emma's monologue about Jean being the death of them all sounded good, though.  
Plus - Kitty Pryde ripping Emma's heart out - she just wouldn't do that. It's Kitty Pryde we're talking about. She's a badass and I like her a bit, but she's not a killer. Plus - after me seeing how Emma cried when Kitty died in the 616-Universe, and how they talked just before Kitty's "death" - seeing them fighting and bitching is just boring and stupid. 
So: The author had no idea of the relationship of Emma, Jean and Scott and he had no idea how to write them, so he went for personality-less golems instead.

#41 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vallary said:
"OH MY I can't even START to describe how MUCH I hated this comic!  This is so out of character It's almost funny.   First I'd like to say that i love Jean Grey. So don't get me wrong. But. Yes, the story takes place before the whole Cyclops'  "I'm in love with you now"-deal, so we could say he didn't actually love Emma at that moment. And then Jean comes back, who died on his hands, so it's only logical to break up with Emma because, you know, she was just a sexy woman holding Jeans place warm in case she comes back, right? Right? Oh, crap, wait a minute! Cyclops was actually with Emma when Jean was alive! He didn't even feel ashamed about kissing Frost near Jean's grave, because he wanted to act like he wanted to act and do what his heart told him to do. Oh, how could we forget about that! But if we didn't, then the writer certainly did.  The whole deal with Scott being all over Jean the second she comes back is really stupid. He told Emma himself - if he would find himself liking another woman, he will do everything to get his thoughts off her, he will bury himself in work. Does it sound like Scott? Sure. Does him hitting on Jean in her bedroom at her FIRST night at the Institute sound like Scott? Hardly. Oh, and does anyone recall Scott telling Jean that he loves her before she died? No? Yeah, because it never happened. She called him a friend and he apologized, that was it. If you don't tell your wife you love her when she is about to die, it almost certainly proves the love is gone.  And I HATE Scott standing near Jean when Emma dies. I HATE her hand on his shoulder - does the woman have no respect? Emma is dead and Jean makes her move on Scott? Christ! It stinks of "Wolverine and the X-Men" so much I want to throw up. I hate Emma in this What if, too. What the hell? Yes, Cassandra Nova has driven her insane, but what did Emma do? She fought it, she made the X-Men hate her so they would kill her and so she would not harm them. She certainly would NOT kill Stepford Cuckoos! She was driven by guilt, remember? Of her children dying on Genosha? How exactly can guilt make her kill some more of her students? Her daughters? So no, I'm not buying it. I should say that Emma's monologue about Jean being the death of them all sounded good, though.   Plus - Kitty Pryde ripping Emma's heart out - she just wouldn't do that. It's Kitty Pryde we're talking about. She's a badass and I like her a bit, but she's not a killer. Plus - after me seeing how Emma cried when Kitty died in the 616-Universe, and how they talked just before Kitty's "death" - seeing them fighting and bitching is just boring and stupid.  So: The author had no idea of the relationship of Emma, Jean and Scott and he had no idea how to write them, so he went for personality-less golems instead. "

i hated this issue period the whole emma being killed was to far it was major far when he made emma and scott brake up and the stepford c. dying is redonkulous because emma would never kill her girls emma is attached to those girls she would never do this i hated this issue now i wish i never read it at all it was pathetic when jean turns into phoenix no one rips her heart out >:(
#42 Posted by Inthedark (81 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1 said:

"I love the cuckoos too... like little emmas they are! What the f**k happened to their diamond forms? In uxm 516 i love how land draws the tp effect around them... want to see that w jean. One of the reasons i like jean is bc she can be good and bad and is one of the most powerful comic book characters of all time. "

They have organic diamond hearts to control the phoinex force so no diamond form 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.