Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8002 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

What does the current Jean think?

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

I was wondering what do you think Jean in the white Hot room is thinking, did anyone ever wonder. Does she even exist. Like you died and now you are just watching your younger self go threw all this stuff. Also not only Jean but seeing all of the others. Tell me what you think? :D

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey: i think its to much pressure on a teenage girl but thats what bendis is going for teen angst........jean is now in charge of the O5 because kitty and storm said so, i hope she doesnt blow it.......i wonder what would happen once the O5 go back to there own timeline???? who would take there place??? other students perhaps or maybe they would end the book all together......and i cant believe scott and emmma arent together any more, maybe it would be good if adult jean comes back.......also i think "spirit" jean/white phoenix of the crown she give teen jean advice or at least meet

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Yea doesn't she have all the phoenix pieces now?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crimsonlord53

It well be WPOTC who send,s the O5 back to there time and mind wipes them and have them arrive moment,s after beast arrived. :)

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@Crimsonlord53: Wow that is a really good prediction.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey: @Crimsonlord53:

everyone is saying how it would be xavier

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: How is Prof X going to time travel?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, i think she's been laughing. A lot.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: How is Prof X going to time travel?

no when the o5 go back to there time, prof.X of their time is going to erase their memory

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By judasnixon

Cell phones are dumb, and who the hell is this Justin Bieber bozo?

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@judasnixon: Squidward is fat and gross.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: oh.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Roddy010

Poor Jean had to experience all that just to have it wiped from her mind once she returns to her own time period.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Roddy010: TBH it's actually good for her and Scott and the rest of the team that they get mindwiped. She's seen stuff in advance that she didnt need to see, but experience.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Avenger85said:

@Roddy010: TBH it's actually good for her and Scott and the rest of the team that they get mindwiped. She's seen stuff in advance that she didnt need to see, but experience.

why put her though that if she would stay dead?????

@Roddy010

said:

Poor Jean had to experience all that just to have it wiped from her mind once she returns to her own time period.

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TMZ

X-Men Edition

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:

maybe it would be hard to mind wipe her because shes a powerful telepath now and maybe in anxm 11 the phoenix force might be in her too

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Roddy010

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos said:

@Roddy010 said:

maybe it would be hard to mind wipe her because shes a powerful telepath now and maybe in anxm 11 the phoenix force might be in her too

I doubt it. Charles was a telepathic beast during the original era of X-men. Jean's telepathy hadn't even kicked in yet and it was stated Charles "shared" his telepathy with her (mainly due to the blocks he'd placed in her mind) so him mind wiping her wouldn't be too farfetched.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JonSmith

My money's on Jean having watched Civil War, World War Hulk, and Avengers vs X-Men, finally declaring "I'm done with this crap.", freeing herself from the White Hot Room and is now chilling as a bartender in some intergalactic bar, using her psychic powers to disguise herself and generally doing as she pleases.

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith said:

My money's on Jean having watched Civil War, World War Hulk, and Avengers vs X-Men, finally declaring "I'm done with this crap.", freeing herself from the White Hot Room and is now chilling as a bartender in some intergalactic bar, using her psychic powers to disguise herself and generally doing as she pleases.

lol or maybe on earth and they dont even know it just like karen grant in ultimate x-men

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane: @judasnixon: @oviouslyjeangrey: @The_Goddess_of_Chaos: @Brazen_Intellect: @Roddy010: @JonSmith:

I think Kid Omega is going to try to get close to jean grey by telling her the truth about scott and emma, thinking maybe he would have a better shot at her but it backfires and she freaks out, searching for answers on her own.......

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I hate Kid Omega he needs to stay the hell away from Jean.

kangaroochip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By kangaroochip

I really want The Real Jean/White phoenix of the crown back, but everything now for her is a BIG MESS

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@kangaroochip: That Jean is dead. And the Marvel U is so much different than it was when she was last alive, there's not much more for her to come back to.

The X-men have changed. Her family is all dead. (except Rachel and Cable and Nate Grey and possibly Maddie)

Hope Summers has become the most recent White Phoenix avatar.

If she were to return, she could never pick up where she left off in New X-men. She would have to be a completely different character, much like the teen jean is being written. She's getting new relationships, and a new motivation for being a hero. This Jean is as good as any other as far as I''m concerned.

White Phoenix of the crown... I say, let her stay dead. (And yes, I'm a fan of the character and it's partially heartbreaking to type this, but true nonetheless.)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr Marvel82 said:

@kangaroochip: That Jean is dead. And the Marvel U is so much different than it was when she was last alive, there's not much more for her to come back to.

The X-men have changed. Her family is all dead. (except Rachel and Cable and Nate Grey and possibly Maddie)

Hope Summers has become the most recent White Phoenix avatar.

If she were to return, she could never pick up where she left off in New X-men. She would have to be a completely different character, much like the teen jean is being written. She's getting new relationships, and a new motivation for being a hero. This Jean is as good as any other as far as I''m concerned.

White Phoenix of the crown... I say, let her stay dead. (And yes, I'm a fan of the character and it's partially heartbreaking to type this, but true nonetheless.)

yes i agree there isnt much more they could do for jean grey , i mean if hope was jean reincarnated maybe but since its not..... hell even cyclops doesnt pine away for her anymore except maybe logan does but marvel doesnt want to go there

also its not nice of cyclops to bring up jean grey to throw in wolverines face like in shism and when cylops was in jail......that aint right

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Eh, Cyclops' thoughts showed that he did miss Jean when he first met the young version. He keeps his thoughts hidden from Emma. He's never onna stop pining for her, the poor bastard lol. And Younger Cyclops still does pine for her. That's why he gave her the card.

BTW you don't pine for someone who's dead lol.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Scott never kept his missing Jean from Emma. back on Whedon's run in Astonishing, that fact was directly brought up by Emma. She understood and did not hold it against him.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is probably thinking to send one of the phoenix's { the ones that are from different timelines ] to aid jean in the past

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkxseraph said:

Scott never kept his missing Jean from Emma. back on Whedon's run in Astonishing, that fact was directly brought up by Emma. She understood and did not hold it against him.

Emma lied it does bother her but she would never admit. Plus why is she always scared that jean grey would come back and take scott back?????

@njones5 said:

She is probably thinking to send one of the phoenix's { the ones that are from different timelines ] to aid jean in the past

that would be cool but its to complicated

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey: i think its to much pressure on a teenage girl but thats what bendis is going for teen angst........jean is now in charge of the O5 because kitty and storm said so, i hope she doesnt blow it.......i wonder what would happen once the O5 go back to there own timeline???? who would take there place??? other students perhaps or maybe they would end the book all together......and i cant believe scott and emmma arent together any more, maybe it would be good if adult jean comes back.......also i think "spirit" jean/white phoenix of the crown she give teen jean advice or at least meet

Interesting thought about who would take their place. I'd like to see a new core group. Complimentary powers, who get along and stick together. Not massively overpowered, but formidable together. It seems like new mutants can't get out of the periphery. Random appearances, short lived books, love triangles.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Interesting thought about who would take their place. I'd like to see a new core group. Complimentary powers, who get along and stick together. Not massively overpowered, but formidable together. It seems like new mutants can't get out of the periphery. Random appearances, short lived books, love triangles.

argh.....ive had enough of teen love triangle but the funniest one is scott/teenjean/beast and later in jan maybe x-23/teenscott/jean

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TrekGrey

Maybe that Jean, the present/current one, it's watching this events from the White Hot Room and will decide one day to erase O5 memories, put mental blocks in teen Jean's mind and make them back to their timeline... It could be a possibility... (She has the power to do it)

Patroklos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White Phoenix of the Crown is an abstract...beyond life and death. While Jean maybe physically dead, she's still in the White Hot Room restoring herself, and she was last seen in Endsong, not in New-X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.