What do you think there going to do with young Jean Grey

#1 Posted by time (5066 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interesting to know, what you think there going to do with young Jean Grey and what would you like them to with Jean Grey.

1) Bond with Rachel and Hope.

2) Start disliking Emma Frost and then there be that rivalry again.

3) Date one of the new students, If so who do think she should date.

4) The rest of the past X-Men die and she grows up on her own.

5) She grows up fast, and then 616 versions is reincarnated

6) Bonds with Genesis or becomes good friends with other students

7) Apocalypse returns for Hope and she saves her.

8) How she is connected to Hope is finally answer.

9) She grows up and becomes headmistress of her school.

10) She resurrects Charles.

11) She start disliking adult Cyclops.

12) She becomes friends with Emma Frost.

13) Mr Sinister try to kidnap her.

14) Maddie returns with the Sisterhood and attacks the school.

15) She grows up fast and becomes the White Crown again.

What do you guys think? what should happen to her?

#2 Posted by wtk1013 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

im hoping her and emma become friends and end that fight over scott...also hope she remains friends with Storm.

#3 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013 said:

im hoping her and emma become friends and end that fight over scott...also hope she remains friends with Storm.

Their dislike for each other was not about Scott he was just the proverbial straw, they have never liked each other especially after Emma was put in a coma during the Dark Phoenix Saga. They really don't have any reason to like each other. Jean won't know about these things but Emma would and I don't see her striking up a friendship out of being friendly. I could see Emma wanting to train Jean when her telepathy comes back, but just to gloat about how she taught Jean everything she knows, even though it's canon that Jean was always training with Xavier with her telepathy before, during and after the blocks he put on her power.

#4 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

There's going to be a lot thrown at her and the O5 X men so she's going to grow up fast. I hope beast is going to keep the O5 apart from the greater mutant world for a bit of time.

It well be interesting to see the friendship between Jean and Kitty. Heck I,m just happy a Jean is back in 616.

#5 Edited by Dernman (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling she will break up with young Scott or never get involved with him depending on were the relationship is. She will be horrified that most of her family is now dead.

#6 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans: I somehow doubt rachel would let emma anywhere near her "mother".

#7 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53: I get where you're coming from, but Emma and Rachel had animosity because of Scott and it was kinda handled and over and done with when Emma gave her a few telepathy lessons, feelings aside she is a great teacher.

#8 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans: True but teaching and running from the law are at a bit of a cross road.

If emma and jean ever come to a uneasy peace i,d prefer the adult jean to do so.

#9 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they are just a short term idea that is done with as soon as possible, I currently cannot see any way to use them that really works out well, but we will see

#10 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

@LordOfAllHumans: True but teaching and running from the law are at a bit of a cross road.

If emma and jean ever come to a uneasy peace i,d prefer the adult jean to do so.

no doubt

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should kill her off so that the real Jean Grey can make her debut return. You know, the one who's still laughing her ass off in the White Hot Room at what a mess the world has become in her wake.

The more i think about this 'Young Jean' idea, the sicker i get. This idea just isn't going to work.

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep her away from Logan.

#14 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: @Crimsonlord53: @AgeofHurricane: @Madame_Mist:

she makes friends with emma frost??? i dont think so, she will be another brat like hope

i heard she has some interactions with hope:

There are also huge plans for Hope Summers -- Lowe referenced "Cable and X-Force," but Bendis said there might be some interaction with Jean Grey and Hope later down the line.

oh and its wierd that in the x-men's 25th anniversary they brought jean grey back from the dead the first time around and now its almost the 50th anniversary and shes back as a teenager

#15 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by time (5066 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

Is this when she first meet adult Cyclops, wonder how she react to Emma Frost.

#17 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

Way off topic but why are jeans eyes grey not green.

#18 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53: they look light green to me.....maybe because there outside in the daylight

#19 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Maybe In the 2nd pic but that first one there grey.

#20 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good chance for wolverine to finally get some score with jean grey.

#21 Posted by time (5066 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out these covers

#22 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

That first cover for issue 5 iirc speaks volumes.

#23 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: It also means that Jean Grey returns – not the Phoenix-using Jean Grey readers remember, but the fresh-faced, young Jean from the past. When asked about his favourite part of writing the series, he immediately turned to Jean. Writing about young Jean felt like “everything I love about writing comics” he says, noting that one of the first beats he’ll get to hit is one between young Jean and young Scott Summers. When she hears about the man her boyfriend will become, she’s not going to be… particularly chuffed.

http://comicsbeat.com/marvels-next-big-thing-all-new-x-men/

#24 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: i got another question how smart is adult 616 jean??? i know she went to college but........

#25 Posted by brucecapell (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel said let's find a way to bring Jean back but without doing a resurrection and without involving the phoenix force since we need the force for AvX. So time travel it is. Bendis does seem excited for this book so hopeful that means it'll be inspired. I hope he does for Jean what he has done for Ultimate Peter Park and now Miles Morales. Young Jean within the first arc will gain adult Jean's memories and her telepathy is unlocked so she's already on her way.

#26 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

The best thing they can do is counter expectations:

• Good friends with Emma Frost
  • No romantic ties with Scott or Wolverine
  • Proud of her accomplishments and courage in facing her death, not scared of it or remorseful
  • etc
#27 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine will probably mentor her considering Logan has a thing for mentoring teenage girls.

#28 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

Wolverine will probably mentor her considering Logan has a thing for mentoring teenage girls.

I do see that happening. I think he'll be extremely protective of her (in a non-romantic way *hopefully*).

#29 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

@JohnnyGat said:

I do see that happening. I think he'll be extremely protective of her (in a non-romantic way *hopefully*).

and maybe she can repair logan's and scott relationship

#30 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope all the other x-men (the original 5) die and she grows up fast and Phoenix slaps Emma : )

#32 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

im actually hoping her and emma can at least get along a little. Im not asking for bestfriends, not even a mentor-student thing, just NOT taking swipes at eachother.

Seriously, the Team Jean vs Team Emma debate is brutal enough as it is, i want some material that will calm everyone down about it, not fuel the fire!

#33 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: whose the guy in the yellow cape fighting marvel girl jean

#34 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos said:

@time: whose the guy in the yellow cape fighting marvel girl jean

I think it's Lucifer, the alien that was responsible for crippling Xavier.

#35 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

someone(like rachel,storm,logan or kitty) should tell jean how she died so she doesnt end up dead

#36 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love for the rest of the team to die/go back to their time and leave Jean Grey behind. That way it would please the fans by still having Jean and also a valid reason to keep that Phoenix mess away. She could be exactly what 'Phoenix' wasn't and just stick to her TK and Telepathy.

#37 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

Please please please keep logan away from her and any romance.

#38 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I think they should kill her off so that the real Jean Grey can make her debut return. You know, the one who's still laughing her ass off in the White Hot Room at what a mess the world has become in her wake.

The more i think about this 'Young Jean' idea, the sicker i get. This idea just isn't going to work.

I actually agree, I don't really like the idea of them bringing her back as teenage Jean

She's weak, and adult Jean needs to make her return and fix all the crap that's happened

#39 Posted by LipstickZombie (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the young Jean Gray coming back. They just erased years of the character development that came with The Phoenix. I just hope the writers get with the times and give Jean some girl power.

#40 Posted by EmmaGraceFrost (44 posts) - - Show Bio

why everytime someone says something about jean grey EMMA FROST has to be involved jeez these two charaters live seperate lives...well that is when jean grey is alive but still its stupid....

#41 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

I would love for the rest of the team to die/go back to their time and leave Jean Grey behind. That way it would please the fans by still having Jean and also a valid reason to keep that Phoenix mess away. She could be exactly what 'Phoenix' wasn't and just stick to her TK and Telepathy.

Except that Marvel seems to be saying that the O5 are the O5 from the 616 universe in the past and not some vaguely similar alternate universe. That would mean that if any of the O5 die, their present selves would vanish. Yeah, that's not how it typically works with time travel, but that seems to be how this time travel romp works from how Marvel has been describing it.

#42 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad: Aah ok thanks for clearing that up :P

#43 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

jeangrey/scottsummers OMD in all new x-men?

Is the entire history of Jean and Scott gone now thanks to Bendis, who said basically that where Scott currentlty is as a person is going to influence her decisions about him in his younger form? Any ideas

#44 Posted by time (5066 posts) - - Show Bio

@EmmaGraceFrost said:

why everytime someone says something about jean grey EMMA FROST has to be involved jeez these two charaters live seperate lives...well that is when jean grey is alive but still its stupid....

There is a few reasons for that. One, Emma and Jean are one of the most popular rivalries of all time. Two, Emma has had the same role in comics for a years, that Jean Grey had before, the only real difference was, Jean Grey was better leadering lady then Emma Frost was. Three, there a lot of loyal Jean Grey fans, who feel there has been a great deal of injustice done to Jean character and while that happen Emma has benefited from it, Emma had it a lot easier that Jean Grey. Finally there is a lot of Jean Grey and Emma Frost fans and usually Emma fans hate Jean grey and Jean fans hate Emma, so it's popular topic when comparing these girls.

It's not stupid, it's fun to talk about.

#45 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

jeangrey/scottsummers OMD in all new x-men?

Is the entire history of Jean and Scott gone now thanks to Bendis, who said basically that where Scott currentlty is as a person is going to influence her decisions about him in his younger form? Any ideas

It's still there, but that's older Scott and Jean's story. Teen Jean and Scott will have a different one, whether together or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.