What do you predict?

#1 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think is going to happen to Jean in All New X-men?

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

She's gonna go find herself in the white room hopefully

#3 Edited by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she's gonna get back with Teen Scott but die, then get resurrected as Phoenix in the end. Either that, or she survives & goes back in time & gets mindwiped.

Look at the dream she had in ANXM 6. I think that is exactly how she is gonna die & resurrect in the end. Her chance of survival is 50/50 IMHO.

#4 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: I really hope she doesn't die.

#5 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: That would be really cool. I hope she meets grown up Jean.

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@evilvegeta74: That would be really cool. I hope she meets grown up Jean.

Maybe! hopefully yeah!

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope she remains just a redheaded mutant girl with telepathy and telekinesis. No dying, no phoenix, not even be the most powerful telepath or telekinetic.

#8 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

They go back in time manage to change certain things in their timeline, Scott and Jean get married and have children but their new timeline ends with some unknown super destructive force attacking earth. We then see an alternate future where said destructive force is the ruler of earth and the leader of the resistance is yet another alternate reality Child of Summers. This child will then for some reason be transported through a portal. Cue in an issue of Uncanny X-men a portal pops up out of nowhere a figure goes through as Scott's team looks at the figure the figure goes "Dad?". Cue in cliffhanger to a plot we all would know where it will go.

Or it could lead to nothing.

#9 Posted by judasnixon (6648 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! Best Idea Ever.....
#10 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Yeah me too but I want her to end up at the same power level as the original Jean; without the phoenix :D

#11 Posted by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: Yeah, it was the Phoenix, Sinister and Apocalypse's actions that were responsible for ruining the Scott-Jean relationship. I think theyre gonna make up & set things back to normal.

#12 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean becomes less the mother hen and more of a co leader of the team. Maybe she well get to save the team for a change.

#13 Posted by XsPectre28 (728 posts) - - Show Bio

me personally( as the Marvel Theory of Time Travel as per X-men/Mutants where changing the past doesnt effect the present only creating alternate universes) id like to see hope & the lights go back with the original 5 to the past creating an alternate universe & comic hope able to mimic the professor's powers mind wipes him as well as magneto to the point ware they forget their feud & build the x-men together. meanwhile teen jean stays in the present dies & is resurrected as adult jean( when teen jean dies she enters the white hott room, she meets adult jean & A. jean basically tells T. jean that she made beast go to the past to bring the O5 to the present just so they can see their futures & decide to change it which they did. A. jean then gives T. jean a choice to be reborn herself as the phoenix or to become one with A. jean & T. jean chooses to become one with A. jean. by becoming one the new adult jean comes back without the actual phoenix force but with more powerful control over her telepathy & telekinesis as well as the ability to heal herself & others via fire which she dubs her "Phoenix Flare"

the purpose of the merger was to restore the part of jean's soul that she lost when she originally rejected the essence taken by the phoenix force then given to Maddie Pryor. now with her self whole she returns. she reunites with scott who is ready to give their marriage another shot yet it is a secret because she joins then becomes leader of a second Uncanny Avengers team or a team under wolverine & storm( only if scott hasnt rejoined the main team).

#14 Posted by boob (366 posts) - - Show Bio

She bangs young Warren just to make young Cyclops mad. 

#15 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

That she dies by Logan's cla--wait... that's Deja Vu... that she commits sui-- damn... Xorn ki--... jesus, Jean... Nevermind.

That she helps fix things here, goes back to her timeline, gets mind-whammied by Xavier, and that's that.

#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

I hope she remains just a redheaded mutant girl with telepathy and telekinesis. No dying, no phoenix, not even be the most powerful telepath or telekinetic.

i wouldnt mind seeing the phoenix again if only it revives her to life if she accidently dies....and i wouldnt mind her being the most powerful telepath only not telekinetic.....even if its for a while then she goes back to her time and we dont see her any more

#17 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

me personally( as the Marvel Theory of Time Travel as per X-men/Mutants where changing the past doesnt effect the present only creating alternate universes) id like to see hope & the lights go back with the original 5 to the past creating an alternate universe & comic hope able to mimic the professor's powers mind wipes him as well as magneto to the point ware they forget their feud & build the x-men together. meanwhile teen jean stays in the present dies & is resurrected as adult jean( when teen jean dies she enters the white hott room, she meets adult jean & A. jean basically tells T. jean that she made beast go to the past to bring the O5 to the present just so they can see their futures & decide to change it which they did. A. jean then gives T. jean a choice to be reborn herself as the phoenix or to become one with A. jean & T. jean chooses to become one with A. jean. by becoming one the new adult jean comes back without the actual phoenix force but with more powerful control over her telepathy & telekinesis as well as the ability to heal herself & others via fire which she dubs her "Phoenix Flare"

the purpose of the merger was to restore the part of jean's soul that she lost when she originally rejected the essence taken by the phoenix force then given to Maddie Pryor. now with her self whole she returns. she reunites with scott who is ready to give their marriage another shot yet it is a secret because she joins then becomes leader of a second Uncanny Avengers team or a team under wolverine & storm( only if scott hasnt rejoined the main team).

i like your idea but instead of another uncanny avengers team why doesnt she try for just the avengers team and secretly becomes the leader of it so its something new and different

@Avenger85

said:

@oviouslyjeangrey: Yeah, it was the Phoenix, Sinister and Apocalypse's actions that were responsible for ruining the Scott-Jean relationship. I think theyre gonna make up & set things back to normal.

you forgot emma frost ruined it too ...lol

#18 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh... Scott is hardly innocent in all of this. And neither is Jean.

#19 Posted by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: Yeah but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't give it and themselves a second chance.

#20 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of the young couple: yes.

In terms of modern Scott/Dead Jean: No. 1) She needs to stay dead. 2) Even if she didn't... that ship has come and gone. Both have FAR too much baggage to make it work.

#21 Edited by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: I think the younger versions will make a difference there. They might actually help the older versions sort their differences ( regardless of baggage) and get back, IF current jean is ressurrected.

There is definitely gonna be SOME kind of change in the timestream when the O5 go back, thanks to their actions. Well it remains to be seen.

Do not underestimate the Batclops of Zurr-en-Arrh

#22 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

There can't be any change. Nothing noticeable. For the reasons thathave been gone over again and again in various threads that you are ignoring. Change the in -present- sure. In the past? Can't. I'm not going to rehash it all here, as it has been said repeatedly as to why.

And as for the regardless of baggage-- they won't if they want to keep it realistic. If the writers want to Force it. Sure. Why not?

The Scott/Jean relationship needs to stay dead.

#23 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

@DarkxSeraph: I think the younger versions will make a difference there. They might actually help the older versions sort their differences ( regardless of baggage) and get back, IF current jean is ressurrected.

There is definitely gonna be SOME kind of change in the timestream when the O5 go back, thanks to their actions. Well it remains to be seen.

Do not underestimate the Batclops of Zurr-en-Arrh

There won't be any change in the timestream. At best any changes would be based on the concept of alternate realities. The O5 go back they take their experiences from this trip to the present change certain things and create an alternate present with a somewhat alternate history.

#24 Edited by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: I think it doesn't need to stay dead :P

#25 Edited by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat: Hmmm yeah, you already have 2 X-Men books in the current timeline, so why add another ?

I guess All-New X-Men will be about how the O5 do things differently in their own timeline, after they go back to their timeline and dont get mindwiped, that is.

#26 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

@JohnnyGat: Hmmm yeah, you already have 2 X-Men books in the current timeline, so why add another ?

I guess All-New X-Men will be about how the O5 do things differently in their own timeline, after they go back to their timeline and dont get mindwiped, that is.

I'm all for an alternate timeline book tbqh. With how Bendis as written the O5 I wouldn't mind if they cancelled Xtreme X-men and replaced it with these kids.

#27 Posted by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat: Yeah this ANXM is the ONLY alternate reality I wanna read. Other than this, I've had enough of alternate realities.

#28 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

@DarkxSeraph: I think it doesn't need to stay dead :P

I would agree. The only thing forced I've found is retro-fitting Scott to Emma in some half-a**ed attempt to quicken both characters. Anyone who has ever seen an american soap opera knows this method of forcing a character into the spotlight by soiling it with controversy. Digressing on that tangent. However in reference to your earlier statement, that whole dream sequence is not precog it is likely just Jean's mind dealing with all the memories she got from Hank and Scott. That was just her way of making sense of it, of course it was tailored to more current events. (Can anyone not just buy a back issue anymore if they don't know what [unknown event / content] means, is everyone that complacent now? ARGH!)

#29 Edited by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Yeah but you know Jean, she's usually the cannon fodder of cosmic entities, tragedy & stuff etc.

Scott on the other hand has been taking tragedies and hardships to the jaw and still kept getting back up & moving forward. Thats why I think he's badass.

And Boy-Scout version of Scott ( the Zurr-enh-Arh version) & young Jean are the Pete Parker & Mary Jane of the X-Men, so them getting back together makes sense.

#30 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: Very true. Jean is used very often as less of a character and more of a plot vehicle, can't argue that at all. Writers without talent and editors without foresight, what can I say to that? However I could argue that continually "getting back up" post-tragedy is sometimes more akin to a suicide run (ie self destructing) without a true plan and what Scott has been doing is not thought out based on his original personality as the make it up as you got along / band-aid plans that Modern Scott has been doing. For me, it is more of a issue to look at Scott and not confuse courage for mindless tenacity but this exactly why Scott has always been a better "Captain" than a "General". Good intentions, selfishness, tenacity and borderline racism has been Scott's stock in trade since the turn of the century. Earlier he had more realistic issues of identity and avarice and hopefully writers will add that back in to purge the character once more after this feasting binge of controversy. I sometimes just wish that writers would just cater to that aspect from the start and focus more creative ventures into the enemies of the X-Men, god knows we need a fresh f***ing infusion there instead s***ing on the heroes all day which has been CLEARLY top priority since 2001.

#31 Posted by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Yeah I think it all went downhill for Scott since the end of the Bastion story, when he was merged with Apocalypse. They did that to give him the "Dark" personality, which IMHO doesn't suit his character.

Check out UXM 1, seems like he's gonna find redemption down the road & end up as the old-school cyclops of the 80s & 90s....

#32 Posted by Dayvid3 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully jean tells wolverine he's wrong, goes over to adult scott's side, then a little while later, loses her powers, get's disfigured, and has to make it on her personality. For starters

#33 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio
Check out UXM 1, seems like he's gonna find redemption down the road & end up as the old-school cyclops of the 80s & 90s....

This... probably won't happen. Getting an edge has made the character popular. He may lean in that direction again, but from where Scott has gone, both emotionally and psychologically, there is no just going back. He's been scarred, mentally and emotionally. You do not recover from this without a scratch. If they do decide to do this completely, it will be utterly forced.

No offense to hardcore old-school Cyke fans, but he was a boooooring character until they actually took him somewhere dark.

If people want a full-on boyscout, go to Superman or Captain America. Keep Scott edgy.
#34 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

There can't be any change. Nothing noticeable. For the reasons thathave been gone over again and again in various threads that you are ignoring. Change the in -present- sure. In the past? Can't. I'm not going to rehash it all here, as it has been said repeatedly as to why. And as for the regardless of baggage-- they won't if they want to keep it realistic. If the writers want to Force it. Sure. Why not? The Scott/Jean relationship needs to stay dead.

i think the emma frost /scott summers relationship was forced too.......does anyone remember that emma didnt give scott time to grieve???

#35 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

@chasereis: Yeah I think it all went downhill for Scott since the end of the Bastion story, when he was merged with Apocalypse. They did that to give him the "Dark" personality, which IMHO doesn't suit his character.

Check out UXM 1, seems like he's gonna find redemption down the road & end up as the old-school cyclops of the 80s & 90s....

that is so true and i cant believe people like his new dark self....

no to mention that teen jean knows that scott still loves her if you saw the page after this one and its funny that scott would say jean is everything he ever wanted in life......to bad emma didnt hear that...lol

#36 Posted by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Yeah I agree with that. It just came out of nowhere. Just for the sake of adding some flavor to the characters.

Anyways, it appears that the Zurr-enh-Arrh version of Cyke is gonna be the one to set things right & back to normal. It's gonna be good to see a return to the roots, if they don't kill each other off, that is ( although I dont think that will happen).

#37 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope: It made him a dynamic character instead of a static one.

As for the Emma and lack of grieving, while I would agree with you on that grief alone, the guy had his wife die how many times on him? He probably went through the stages like a pro. :P

But, in all seriousness, the Emma and Scott relationship I hated at first... then grew to appreciate it for what it was. A nice step in his progression as a character.

I think the biggest problem with a lot of comic fans (not pointing fingers here), is that they fall in love with characters at a certain stage in their development, then grow to hate/dislike anything that takes those characters from that stage. Characters, like people, should grow and change. Scott's change was a long time coming. The boyscout Scott hasn't existed for years. You don't just flip a switch or add in a new character (young him, or not) and eradicate all that growth. Well, unless Jean mind-wipes him or something.

While I agree that characters should stay close to their roots, Cyclops has. The boyscout persona was not what defined him... being a leader was. A leader who would make the decisions others would hesitate on. It's the one defining characteristic that has remained. While he may change and twist and grow, that will be the core of him.

#38 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I am finding myself agreeing for the most part. I am f***ing sick to f***ing death of the bleakness of X-Universe. There are so many dark (or edgy) characters that it is hard for me tell them apart from each other sometimes.

I liked having my cake and eating it too with Uncanny being the dark edgy title and X-Factor walking the razor edge of heroism. Are comic book fans now so impossibly jaded and hopeless that they like to read about it too to gain a sense of acceptance? Sometimes it just drives you to read manga how f***ing cynical and bleak X-comics have become.

#39 Posted by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Yeah man, once a while, we'd like a happy ending or two, or a relationship that is normal and keeps going on, or some people to actually be the good guys and have the good guys win.

BTW if you really like Bleak stuff, try WH40k. It's a bag of sunshine and rainbows. LOL

#40 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually know all about 40K. Path of the Renegade was the last book I read and I rather enjoyed it. When I do perchance to actually play the wargame, I usually play Dark Angels, CSM, or Dark Eldar.

That being beside the point... to address Chase's comment on too many dark characters...

I agree. I really, really do agree. However, in Cyke's case... this is where his path has drawn him to.

Ideally, I'd like to see Logan pull back from the spotlight to a mentor figure at the JGSHL and adventure in his own book. I'd see Scott still off taking the dynamic approach to the mutant issue, but draw back in line with the precepts of the school. To put it plainly: I'd rather see Kitty or Storm as permanent head of the JGSHL, Logan and some other Xers as faculty, and Scott leading up defense of the school and organizing first contact with new Mutants.

Magneto can go back to being the utter badguy--maybe a break between the two where Magneto goes more extreme than Cyke wants puts this back to the 'status quo' relationship--and Mags reassembles his Brotherhood with Mystique.

The current X-verse is a mess, though.

#41 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: I don't really need a "happy ending" per se more like see some happy type things occur instead of "You must kill your mentor, destroy every effort you've EVER made to integration with human society, polarize even more people and don't forget to rape a puppy every day" excerpts which is the X-Men today. Someone hit the "Crisis On Infinite X-Men" button PLEASE. Call somebody, do something.

@DarkxSeraph: And upon that we converge to agree. I don't think it can be fixed honestly UNLESS marvel can lock a good writer down for about 10 years straight. Only way in my opinion, we need a new Claremont length era of consistency.

#42 Posted by Avenger85 (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Yeah that's what I meant lol. There's no such thing as an "ending" in comics. Sorry for phrasing it the wrong way, I meant a need for more positive events etc.

#43 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio
"Only way in my opinion, we need a new Claremont length era of consistency. "

I agree with this 100%.
#44 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: s'all good, bro. no worries.

@DarkxSeraph: All we need now is someone who can actually pull off peanut butter in the chocolate style of Claremont to Whedon style or better in equivalency.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.