Time for Wolverine and Jean Grey to finally get together!!!

  • 64 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan's one true love is back and its only a matter of time before it happens so why prolong it.

no more pining for Rachel Wolverine. Your one and only is back

#2 Posted by Essentialtonystark (17 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a great lovestory. Hope it will be soon.

#3 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't Twilight....I disagree

#4 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell No. We just got her back why would you want to throw that deadweight of a romance around her neck and lose her to the mess of a past she has with scott and logan.

Plus she,s all of about seventeen and he,s a hundred and something.

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

If it gets Storm away from him then go for it.

#6 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

better logan and jean than storm.

#7 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

This isn't Twilight....I disagree

lol twilight....i dont like twilight but still it creeps me out

#8 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Hell No. We just got her back why would you want to throw that deadweight of a romance around her neck and lose her to the mess of a past she has with scott and logan.

Plus she,s all of about seventeen and he,s a hundred and something.

again the twilight syndrome ...lol bella and edward made it work ....creepy

whats next teen jean and daken????

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

GROSS

Moderator
#10 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Um she is a teenager so I dont think it will be soon hopefully not ever.

#11 Posted by XsPectre28 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

ummmm no! Wolvie&Storm

#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

GROSS

#13 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

no. HAIL NAWH

#14 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. This overdone plot point is very boring. There is no need for her to "get" with Scott or Logan. I don't even think they make a hot couple. That panel with Rachel was sick btw - I hope he remembers that Rachel came from a future where she knew him as a grandfather-type figure.

#15 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm. Please no 16 year old Jean and Wolverine. That's... just no.

#16 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Hell No. We just got her back why would you want to throw that deadweight of a romance around her neck and lose her to the mess of a past she has with scott and logan.

Plus she,s all of about seventeen and he,s a hundred and something.

Wolverine's always been 100 something. Age is just a number at this point. He's been sleeping with women 1/6 of his age for years now. 17 is practically an adult anyway

@Blood1991 said:

If it gets Storm away from him then go for it.

@Mega_spidey01 said:

better logan and jean than storm.

well at least with Jean we know Wolverine loves her now and forever. He named the school after her for crying out loud. With Storm its just a rebound thing

#17 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes lets get this over with already.

(+)

#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

This was just meant to be!

Astonishing X-Men #61
Weapon X 2
Uncanny X-Force #13
Uncanny X-Force #12
Phoenix Endsong
X-Men Forever
Earth-295 Age of Apocalypse
Earth 1610
Earth 1610
#19 Posted by homosexuality (63 posts) - - Show Bio

uhhh no keep her from Scott and Logan sheesh time for someone new.

#20 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it's not Quinten.

#21 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

She did dream of Wolverine naked....but seriously, she's too young

#22 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

She did dream of Wolverine naked....but seriously, she's too young

age is just a number

#23 Edited by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

... ever dated anyone more than a handful of years younger than you? I've seen it happen. Doesn't work well. Logan is a special case due to his extreme age, yeah, but Jean is far too young for that.

Edit: If she were at least in her twenties, sure. More mature. An adult. At her age in the book currently? Heck no.

#24 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

... ever dated anyone more than a handful of years younger than you? I've seen it happen. Doesn't work well. Logan is a special case due to his extreme age, yeah, but Jean is far too young for that. Edit: If she were at least in her twenties, sure. More mature. An adult. At her age in the book currently? Heck no.

I'm dating someone older than me right now

#25 Edited by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

By twenty + years? There's virtually no common ground. I'm not talking someone 3 or even 6 years. This is an incredible age gap. A girl in her mid-teens is NOT capable of that kind of relationship (nor would a male at that age with an older woman that far apart be ready for it).

She is simply not psychologically prepared for it and it would end in disaster. Heck, even in Ultimate X-Men, when she was what, 19, 18? Wouldn't work aside from a fling. Too big of a difference.

#26 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

And that's not even getting into how skeevy it would be of Logan. That would be like a relationship with Jubilee.

#27 Edited by time (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

 Jean will grow up quick,  she won't be a kid for that long. When she does grow up, I hope she hooks up with Logan. I find  it unfair that Cyclops always gets the girl, he has been with three hot telepaths and most of  the ladies Wolverine been with, either end up dead or try to kill him. It's time he got the girl, he deserves some happiness.  I also find it unfair that Cyclops got to be happy and Jean didn't. She ends up dead, then in white room and while that happens Cyclops gets to moved on and be happy.  Its Jean and Logan turn to be happy, not his turn. If marvel decide to hook them up, then I'm all 4 it. While I do believe Jean belongs with Scott. I hope she gives logan a chance, he deserves it.

#28 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

What is wrong with you?

#29 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Mercy_ said:

GROSS

#30 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

By twenty + years? There's virtually no common ground. I'm not talking someone 3 or even 6 years. This is an incredible age gap. A girl in her mid-teens is NOT capable of that kind of relationship (nor would a male at that age with an older woman that far apart be ready for it). She is simply not psychologically prepared for it and it would end in disaster. Heck, even in Ultimate X-Men, when she was what, 19, 18? Wouldn't work aside from a fling. Too big of a difference.

girls use to get married in their teens for centuries years ago. Now look I'm not condoning that necessarily or even talking about marriage here.

But if we are going to be realistic these relationships aren't as uncommon as you think. A teenager with an older adult. Wolverine's case is an exception cause he's 100 something but half the times he's written like he's between his 20's and 40's imo. Certainly in some cases a teenager could be too young. In other cases I'd disagree. I don't see this as a black or white issue.

These two characters are destined to be together

#31 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@DarkxSeraph said:

By twenty + years? There's virtually no common ground. I'm not talking someone 3 or even 6 years. This is an incredible age gap. A girl in her mid-teens is NOT capable of that kind of relationship (nor would a male at that age with an older woman that far apart be ready for it). She is simply not psychologically prepared for it and it would end in disaster. Heck, even in Ultimate X-Men, when she was what, 19, 18? Wouldn't work aside from a fling. Too big of a difference.

girls use to get married in their teens for centuries years ago. Now look I'm not condoning that necessarily or even talking about marriage here.

But if we are going to be realistic these relationships aren't as uncommon as you think. A teenager with an older adult. Wolverine's case is an exception cause he's 100 something but half the times he's written like he's between his 20's and 40's imo. Certainly in some cases a teenager could be too young. In other cases I'd disagree. I don't see this as a black or white issue.

These two characters are destined to be together

I think your desire for this pairing is SEVERELY clouding your judgement. Do you remember what being a 16 year old was like? Have you read anything on the stages of psychological development in those years? There is NO WAY a teenager is ready for a serious, committed relationship with someone that old. It is a virtual impossibility that the relationship will last.

Ignoring the fact that this is the definition of Ephebophilia (a paraphilia related to pedophilia; which alone will be enough for a comicbook publisher to make sure it does NOT happen), she is not mentally stable enough for it to occur. It would scar her significantly. what would their relationship revolve around? What do they have in common? Aside from fan service?

You comment on being married in their teens? Yeah... people also died in their thirties back then. That's kind of a moot point. They were married as soon as they reached child bearing age to continue the species.

#32 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Wolverine have a tendency of gutting Jean?

#33 Edited by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

@SUNMAN said:

@DarkxSeraph said:

By twenty + years? There's virtually no common ground. I'm not talking someone 3 or even 6 years. This is an incredible age gap. A girl in her mid-teens is NOT capable of that kind of relationship (nor would a male at that age with an older woman that far apart be ready for it). She is simply not psychologically prepared for it and it would end in disaster. Heck, even in Ultimate X-Men, when she was what, 19, 18? Wouldn't work aside from a fling. Too big of a difference.

girls use to get married in their teens for centuries years ago. Now look I'm not condoning that necessarily or even talking about marriage here.

But if we are going to be realistic these relationships aren't as uncommon as you think. A teenager with an older adult. Wolverine's case is an exception cause he's 100 something but half the times he's written like he's between his 20's and 40's imo. Certainly in some cases a teenager could be too young. In other cases I'd disagree. I don't see this as a black or white issue.

These two characters are destined to be together

I think your desire for this pairing is SEVERELY clouding your judgement. Do you remember what being a 16 year old was like? Have you read anything on the stages of psychological development in those years? There is NO WAY a teenager is ready for a serious, committed relationship with someone that old. It is a virtual impossibility that the relationship will last.

Ignoring the fact that this is the definition of Ephebophilia (a paraphilia related to pedophilia; which alone will be enough for a comicbook publisher to make sure it does NOT happen), she is not mentally stable enough for it to occur. It would scar her significantly. what would their relationship revolve around? What do they have in common? Aside from fan service?

You comment on being married in their teens? Yeah... people also died in their thirties back then. That's kind of a moot point. They were married as soon as they reached child bearing age to continue the species.

well we are talking comics here so I'm still for it

@TheCrowbar said:

Doesn't Wolverine have a tendency of gutting Jean?

Are we talking literally or is this a metaphor? If you mean literally I think its only happened twice

#34 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: Literally

I remember a Greg Land draw picture, the few times in Phoenix Endsong and Old Man Logan

#35 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist: LOL it was a nightmare it was only to make scarier.

#36 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@DarkxSeraph said:

@SUNMAN said:

well we are talking comics here so I'm still for it

@TheCrowbar said:

Doesn't Wolverine have a tendency of gutting Jean?

Are we talking literally or is this a metaphor? If you mean literally I think its only happened twice

Seriously? Sexual predator behavior is cool because it's in a comic? Would you have had Wolverine have a relationship with Jubilee before she was a vampire? Or how about with Nori? Wallflower? Pixie?

I know you like the pairing, but this is ridiculous. Marvel has young jean circa 16 years old. To pair her with Logan at his age could be construed as an endorsement of such activities. I think you realize that; at least, I hope you do. How would you feel if you saw a 16 year old dating a man in his fifties? Yeah. It's like that. Because it is that.

#37 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

@SUNMAN said:

@DarkxSeraph said:

@SUNMAN said:

well we are talking comics here so I'm still for it

@TheCrowbar said:

Doesn't Wolverine have a tendency of gutting Jean?

Are we talking literally or is this a metaphor? If you mean literally I think its only happened twice

Seriously? Sexual predator behavior is cool because it's in a comic? Would you have had Wolverine have a relationship with Jubilee before she was a vampire? Or how about with Nori? Wallflower? Pixie?

I know you like the pairing, but this is ridiculous. Marvel has young jean circa 16 years old. To pair her with Logan at his age could be construed as an endorsement of such activities. I think you realize that; at least, I hope you do. How would you feel if you saw a 16 year old dating a man in his fifties? Yeah. It's like that. Because it is that.

In real life I'd be disgusted.

In the marvel or DC comic universe I wouldn't bat an eyebrow with all the other perverse and ridiculous things going on it wouldn't be that crazy. It'd be down right normal. And if we are talking about Wolverine this feels in character for him................. I'm just saying. Give it a year and Jean will be 18.

Wolverine is just Hugh Hefen it up

#38 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

And if we are talking about Wolverine this feels in character for him................. I'm just saying.

I really can't get behind this statement. You are essentially saying it's in character for logan to want to violate a girl in her mid teens. An older Jean? Yes... it is in character for him to want to be with her. A young, vulnerable girl out of her element in her mid-teens? You know what is in character for him in that regard? being a mentor and a father figure. Look at Kitty Pryde or Jubilee. That's in character for him, not to be the neighborhood creeper.

Honestly, in addition, the fact that it IS jean, imo, would make him more look out for her and LESS likely to try to hurt her in that regard. But, that's really all I can say here. There is obviously no dissuading you from this... thought.

#39 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Jean and Logan are almost as uninspired as Jean and Scott. Jean needs time to get her character back. For too long she's been defined by nothing more than the Phoenix and being Scott's wife. Let teenage Jean be on her own for awhile to remind us why we like Jean Grey.

Also, it would just feel hollow since Wolverine: Origins kinda implied that Logan's obsession with Jean was mostly cause she looked like Rose.

#40 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

@SUNMAN said:

And if we are talking about Wolverine this feels in character for him................. I'm just saying.

I really can't get behind this statement. You are essentially saying it's in character for logan to want to violate a girl in her mid teens. An older Jean? Yes... it is in character for him to want to be with her. A young, vulnerable girl out of her element in her mid-teens? You know what is in character for him in that regard? being a mentor and a father figure. Look at Kitty Pryde or Jubilee. That's in character for him, not to be the neighborhood creeper.

Honestly, in addition, the fact that it IS jean, imo, would make him more look out for her and LESS likely to try to hurt her in that regard. But, that's really all I can say here. There is obviously no dissuading you from this... thought.

I never said any of this I think your applying more to my statements than what is actually being said. And making some assumptions about the characters and what they would do that aren't certain

#41 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

I never said any of this I think your applying more to my statements than what is actually being said. And making some assumptions about the characters and what they would do that aren't certain

You want Logan in a relationship with a girl who is in her mid-teens. I'm not applying anything more than what you put out there. Also, I have been reading Wolverine since the 80's. He mentors the younger ones and tries to teach them how to survive. He took Jubilation under his wing since she found him crucified in the outback, and took kitty pryde under his wing (and made her a damn ninja). He also helped Armor. This is what is in character for him because it is what he has done, time and time again and it is very much his mindset.

#42 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: Everyone is young compared to Logan he is over 100 years old

#43 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Missing this part? "You want Logan in a relationship with a girl who is in her mid-teens."

Kitty Pryde when mentored: Teenager.

Jubilee when mentored: Teenager

Armor when mentored: Teenager

All around mid-teens. See a trend here? Younger as in teenagers. You're cherry picking pieces of the issue to argue. But... I've said my piece. Again.

Have a nice weekend.

#44 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

No no no no no.. No... No.. NO!!!

#45 Edited by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe someone in a blog post I read some time back said that "Jean Grey isn't a girl that does things, but that has things happen to and around her." She needs to become more independent (no, the entire Phoenix thing does not since it is something out of her control that is leading her, rather than being led by her) and avoid relationships for a while. It's okay to have tension, but when she's in a relationship with Scott and there's tension with Logan and things keep bouncing back and forth, it really gets stale and undermines the potential she has. It becomes a contest between Cyclops and Logan that showcases them more than her, and that's a disservice to the character.

I'd like to see Jean without hanging around a man for a while. I want to see her on her own, or just with a team (perhaps even leading?), making big decisions for herself and her life. I doubt Marvel or any body writing for her will do this. They'll probably rehash the same bland cosmic powered Phoenix story once more. *sigh*

#46 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

I believe someone in a blog post I read some time back said that "Jean Grey isn't a girl that does things, but that has things happen to and around her." She needs to become more independent (no, the entire Phoenix thing does not since it is something out of her control that is leading her, rather than being led by her) and avoid relationships for a while. It's okay to have tension, but when she's in a relationship with Scott and there's tension with Logan and things keep bouncing back and forth, it really gets stale and undermines the potential she has. It becomes a contest between Cyclops and Logan that showcases them more than her, and that's a disservice to the character.

I'd like to see Jean without hanging around a man for a while. I want to see her on her own, or just with a team (perhaps even leading?), making big decisions for herself and her life. I doubt Marvel or any body writing for her will do this. They'll probably rehash the same bland cosmic powered Phoenix story once more. *sigh*

Ahmen.

I have tried to say this for years and failed thank you for summing up what jean needs to become her own person.

#47 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Hell No. We just got her back why would you want to throw that deadweight of a romance around her neck and lose her to the mess of a past she has with scott and logan.

Plus she,s all of about seventeen and he,s a hundred and something.

Wolverine's always been 100 something. Age is just a number at this point. He's been sleeping with women 1/6 of his age for years now. 17 is practically an adult anyway

@Blood1991 said:

If it gets Storm away from him then go for it.

@Mega_spidey01 said:

better logan and jean than storm.

well at least with Jean we know Wolverine loves her now and forever. He named the school after her for crying out loud. With Storm its just a rebound thing

yes i believe that scott doesnt remember her, cable as her "son" doesnt remember her but wolverine names a school after her and remembers her ----Case Closed

#48 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

yes i believe that scott doesnt remember her, cable as her "son" doesnt remember her but wolverine names a school after her and remembers her ----Case Closed

Scott definitely remembers her. Did you not see his reaction to her when he first saw young jean?

#49 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: yeah Wolverine seems to be the only one treasuring and respecting her memory. Scott hasn't really been honoring her memory

#50 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott moved on with jean,s encouragement and since then has been loyal to one girlfriend. Logan is the one holding a torch for the one woman who he claims is the love of his life but he never bedded. If respecting the woman he loves is jumping into bed with every woman who he fancies maybe jean was better of dyeing then becoming another notch on logan,s bedpost.

At least in 1610 she bedded him found out he,s an ass and moved on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.