The permanent END of the Scott-Jean relationship ? I hope not !

#1 Posted by Avenger85 (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope Scott and Jean reconcile and get back together, while doing their best to make sure that the events that Jean saw would never happen. It's possible, sure. The jean-Scott Summers family ( Jean/Scott, Cable, Rachel, Hope etc. ) is my favorite comic book family along with the Bat-family.

I don't think it's too hard to make these 2 reconcile and marry again once they're adults, while making them take care not to repeat the mistakes that they've seen happen in future. As for Logan-Jean, I think Logan-Storm would be better. Please don't make that mistake, Marvel !

Scott/Jean are just the perfect comic book couple, They're meant to be together and it is also NECESSARY for the space-time continuum.

P.S. Please cut Scott some slack. He's been through a lot of bad shit. Jean treating him that way was just wrong IMHO.

#2 Posted by boob (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually glad Scott and Jean are not together. For me the only Summers family member that I like is Cable.

Marvel will find a way to get Jean and Scott back together. Most likely when they return to the past someone will take their memories of this event away.

#3 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

"I don't think it's too hard to make these 2 reconcile and marry again once they're adults, while making them take care not to repeat the mistakes that they've seen happen in future"

Unless Marvel wants to recon years and years of past events, this is never going to happen. Sorry, guys... those of you who are fans and want all the 'mistakes' to be erased between Scott and Jean? Not in the works.

Unless Marvel re-writes continuity majorly, this is not possible. The only way to do this is to have marvel hit their 'crisis' and reset the universe. While possible, with Marvel just restarting the majority of titles, this is very, very, very unlikely to happen.

#4 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

I really hope Scott and Jean reconcile and get back together, while doing their best to make sure that the events that Jean saw would never happen. It's possible, sure. The jean-Scott Summers family ( Jean/Scott, Cable, Rachel, Hope etc. ) is my favorite comic book family along with the Bat-family.

I don't think it's too hard to make these 2 reconcile and marry again once they're adults, while making them take care not to repeat the mistakes that they've seen happen in future. As for Logan-Jean, I think Logan-Storm would be better. Please don't make that mistake, Marvel !

Scott/Jean are just the perfect comic book couple, They're meant to be together and it is also NECESSARY for the space-time continuum.

P.S. Please cut Scott some slack. He's been through a lot of bad shit. Jean treating him that way was just wrong IMHO.

i think its great the way jean treats teen scott she already heard from adult scott that how she is now is how he first fell in love with her and shes angry that shes dead

i agree that they belong together but if jean knew about emma and how it didnt last who knows maybe jean doesnt like how her life ended up with scott so maybe she would take a different direction with logan...lol

now that emma and scott arent together anymore it would be great for adult jean to come back and be with him but its weird if she comes back from the dead technicallly there still married because she died before she got a divorce...its confusing

i dont want to be mean but if emma dies then it would be great for jean to come back permenately

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

"I don't think it's too hard to make these 2 reconcile and marry again once they're adults, while making them take care not to repeat the mistakes that they've seen happen in future"

i dont get it, marry again??? if adult jean comes back from the dead, technically scott and jean would still be married because jean died instead of getting a divorce......and it does explain why emma and scott never married because it would be to weird, scott would be married to both women but the one to jean would be valid because they got married first.....again its all confusing, my head hurts

#6 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa. Misquote. That wasn't me that said that... it was Avenger85. Heh

#7 Posted by Avenger85 (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, X-Men was the first comic book series I started reading. Superman-Lois had their ups & downs, so did Pete Parker/Mary Jane. I'm sure Scott-Jean will get through this and back together.

Cuz I will be pissed if they dont and due to that The Summers' legacy ( Cable, Rachel, Hope Summers ) cease to exist. It's necessary to avoid destroying history lol. Been reading/playing Warhammer 40k for almost a decade now, so I want to see a happy ending to my fav team ( Scott-Jean) in my first comic series lol.

#8 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comics industry. With as much history as Scott and Jean have together the concept of them breaking up permanently is just improbable. Much like how I'm pretty sure that before my life is over Scott, Logan, and/or Hank would eventually for at least one issue would be all buddy buddies.

#9 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

oh someone said (i forgot who) that they were happy to see teen jean and scott because that could mean more timelost children lol

soon scott would be like this song: lol

#10 Posted by Avenger85 (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

In the comics industry. With as much history as Scott and Jean have together the concept of them breaking up permanently is just improbable. Much like how I'm pretty sure that before my life is over Scott, Logan, and/or Hank would eventually for at least one issue would be all buddy buddies.

Yeah. NOT Wolverine, but Scott/jean is what defines X-Men to me. They cant just take all that and throw it into the gutter, just because Jean told Scott to stay the hell away from her in one line.

Besides, in the next issue she was asking where Scott is, so what do you think about that ?

Also, Jean getting back with young Scott is not only good for the HISTORY, but also for both past & present Cyclops. He was writing Jean a love letter when beast arrived ! Her attitude towards him is gonna be the major factor that determines what direction YOUNG Cyclops would go. And THAT would really, really mess up the timestream.

Imagine if they all go back to their past, and fins out that Cyclops is now on Magneto's side. It's gonna turn the whole Marvel universe upside down...

#11 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: didnt jean hear scott thoughts about how this is how he first fell in love with her and shes; all that he wanted in life in alxm4????? i hope teen jean doesnt find out about scott affair with emma because it would be history repeating itself and what would teen jean do about it cross out her last name "summer" from her tombstone??? or maybe she already knows what happens between scott and jean that maybe she would want to go in a new direction and pick logan or warren???

#12 Posted by HexThis (857 posts) - - Show Bio

I think one of the weaknesses of Jean's character has been Scott and the other is the Phoenix...sometimes Wolvie too. What's the correlation? They all define her every action. I think Jean's stronger than that, I think she deserves to be able to go through her own journeys of self discovery like the other X-men and not be so defeated and tormented by the Phoenix, by Scott, by Wolvie, they're all needy mofos who prioritize themselves and their desires over Jean.

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

I think one of the weaknesses of Jean's character has been Scott and the other is the Phoenix...sometimes Wolvie too. What's the correlation? They all define her every action. I think Jean's stronger than that, I think she deserves to be able to go through her own journeys of self discovery like the other X-men and not be so defeated and tormented by the Phoenix, by Scott, by Wolvie, they're all needy mofos who prioritize themselves and their desires over Jean.

yes totally agree but of course marvel wont do that, they will just recycle old garbage

#14 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis: lol mofos indeed

#15 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

=_= I don't want them together O_O Their relationship made them both boring and I just think of the 90s cartoon where they just grew stale.

#16 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering jean made scott the leader of the X men they have to get back together or the whole history of the X men changes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.