Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8003 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

The Official "Jean Grey" Discussion Thread

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Everyone heard the news that Jean Grey will be returning to X-Men comics, finally. I thought it would be in good taste to create thread where we talk about Jean Grey, Jean grey from the past or this young Jean Grey that will be coming

Also, any future developments that are made to her character, can be discuss here.

Avengers #13 X-Men Evolution Cover Jean Grey
    Avengers #13 X-Men Evolution Cover Jean Grey

Lets start of with a few questions first :

Are you happy with a a young version of Jean Grey returning or would you prefer the 616 version of her to return ?

What do you think is going to happen to the young Jean Grey and what would like to see happen to her ?

What about Cyclops and Emma, are you happy with what's happening with those characters in AVX. With a past Cyclops returning, what do you think means for Jean Grey. Will Scott and Jean get back together? Should they ?

Who is annoyed that the Whole White Crown business, hasn't really been address yet and what about her connection to Hope, should it be address soon?

Should Bendis be handling Jean grey return?

What version of Jean do you like the most? Stan, Morrison etc.

look forward to hearing from you guys

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By time1

I created loads of the same thread. My PC wasn't working probley . Can someone please locked the others

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Got em :)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Zzzzzzz
    BB

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By time1

@Mercy_ said:

Got em :)

Thank you. Damn PC.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By htb106

@time: So that's why they were locked? Ok, I was just confused because I couldn't see anything wrong with the others.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time1

@htb106 said:

@time: So that's why they were locked? Ok, I was just confused because I couldn't see anything wrong with the others.

They were locked, cause they say the same thing. It's an official Jean grey thread.. What do you think of Jean Grey returning, Are you happy about it?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Roddy010

I'm not sure how I feel about Jean's return. IIRC correctly Bendis did write some of Ultimate X-men but I'm not sure about him adding Jean into his roster and I'm not sure of his take on her character as a whole. But hopefully Bendis did his homework and we don't get a Jean whose always crying for Scott every five panels...I'm still a little uneasy about it all because it's not the same beloved character who has grown and evolve in power and personality.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By time1

@htb106 said:

Thanks by the way, I'm glad you like my threads

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1

Are you happy with a a young version of Jean Grey returning or would you prefer the 616 version of her to return ?

I'm not sure what to make of this young version of Jean Grey returning, I would of prefer the old Jean Grey to return, a least that way she has her memories and then we get to see her reunite with old friends. I would of like to see how she deals with the changes that have happen with the X-Men. The mutant race becoming an endanger species, Magneto replacing Charles in the X-Men, Cyclops falling out with Beast, Charles and Wolverine. The X-Men being divided. I would of like to see her deal with what happen to Cyclops, would she of approve of what he has doing. Also deal with his relationship with Emma, I don't think Morrison gave Jean much time to deal with it , she found out them, confronted Emma and then she was killed of a couples issues later. I don't think it was fair the way Morrsions treated her.

What do you think is going to happen to the young Jean Grey and what would like to see happen to her ?

I'm not sure what the writers intend to do with a younger version of Jean Grey, I'm sure she to come terms with what happen to her future self and the future self of her friends. I'm sure she make new friends and develop new relationship with new people. I think it would be funny to see her bond with Genesis, Kid Apoclaypse. Can you imagine two of the most powerful characters going to classes together. I would like to see her bond with Rachel, Hope, X-Man and maybe Cable if we lucky. If Emma does surive I would like to see how she deals with this young Jean Grey and the young Scott Summers.

I hope sometime in the future will see the old Jean come back, maybe transform into this young Jean Grey we know, that would be cool.

What about Cyclops and Emma, are you happy with what's happening with those characters in AVX. With a past Cyclops returning, what do you think means for Jean Grey. Will Scott and Jean get back together? Should they ?

I couldn't care less about what happens to Emma and Scott, I'm tired of see them being the main characters of the X-Men, there relationship is rather boring, as a couple they only had one good series and that was Joss Whedon series. Every other writer has fail to make them interesting. X-Men mainly been about Scott summers and Emma Frost has just live in his shadows. I haven't see much development in Emma character, since she became X- Men leadering lady. I would of like them to survive the Avengers vs X-Men event and deal with the young version of Jean Grey and the past X-Men returning. It's ashamed we won't get to see that. I happy that we get see Jean and Scott back together again, I think that would be a good thing for X-Men comics, give the fans as taste of old days. I'm not sure how I feel about them being a couple again, if they do date. I would of prefer the Cyclops we know now, deal with the young Jean grey.

Who is annoyed that the Whole White Crown business, hasn't really been address yet and what about her connection to Hope, should it be address soon?

I'm actually annoyed that white crown business hasn't been dealt with yet and doesn't look like it will be. I like the white crown, I would of like to know what means and when Jean went to find the pieces of the Phoenix and what she was doing in the white room. I'm also annoyed that her connection to Hope hasn't been answer yet. Hopefully one day these questions be will answer.

Should Bendis be handling Jean grey return? Not sure what to make of Bendis returning her, I guess we have to see.

What version of Jean do you like the most? To much suprise I actually like the 90's version of her, the early 90's. She wasn't the main X-Men character, cause everyone had a time to shine in comics back than, that's why the 90's were so amazing. I just like her a lot back than, we got to see be a mother figure & sister figure, comforting Jubilee & Colossus etc. She also had no Phoenix as at all, for a couple of years and without it, we still go see how strong she really was eg taking on Sabretooth.

What do you guys think?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jhazzroucher

@time said:

I created loads of the same thread. My PC wasn't working probley . Can someone please locked the others

please include the Jean grey image on your first post. she looked beautiful on that classic look

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Maybe.

Shock and awe at first. She's going to grow up fast in the here and now.

No emma has being let down and being scott's girl friend is a waste of her character. AvX scott and emma have lost the most to the phoenix and yet there all in with hope being a host. Bad writing if you ask me. Young scott and jean are gonna have to grow up fast would like to see past scott meet now scott. Scott and jean are done I really want them to stay apart.

Yes. The best way to end AvX is to have a phoenix 10x bigger then the one the avengers stopped at the moon take both emma and scott off world.

well see.

Right now Ultimate Jean.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By RedQueen

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Maybe.

Emma and Scot have moved on. The love triangle has been dealt with. Their past selves should still get together (to make continuity happen/past events), but in no way should present Scott get together with Past Jean. That is if Emma even survives AvsX, which I'm betting she won't.

Agitated more like. But also slightly annoyed....there's been some claims that Endsong isn't canon...... *silence*. Anyway, I had hoped they would bring up the White Phoenix issue, which seems to have been completely side-lined. Isn't this piece of the Phoenix Force just a fragment? (As the rest is with Jean). What is Jean doing in the White Hot Room? And if it's true that Endsong isn't canon, Jean's dead. I would have hoped for the writing to make it absolutely clear whether Jean's deceased/not deceased/ does she have the Phoenix or doesn't she? I still believe that Hope has absolutely nothing to do with Jean, her appearance being similar was just a ploy by writers to stir up rumours.

well see.

Claremont.

Pretty much agree with this.

(Changes are in italics)

Naturally, I'm happy with Jean returning- even if it is her teenage self. I guess what I'm really looking forward to is the initial reaction of being told of the fate of their future selves, and Jean being told of the Phoenix and her death(s). The first few panels of All New X-men show them being transported to the Jean Grey school of Higher Learning...which should be awesome. I say I'm happy with it, but I also have one major worry and that is what the consequences will be of the time-travel. Basically, will continuity stay the same? Will what has transpired still transpire?

As much as Marvel has screwed up on the Phoenix front in recent years, I still like that it happened (it being the Dark Phoenix Saga, and Jean being bonded with the Phoenix Force).

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By time1

@RedQueen said:

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Maybe.

Emma and Scot have moved on. The love triangle has been dealt with. Their past selves should still get together (to make continuity happen/past events), but in no way should present Scott get together with Past Jean. That is if Emma even survives AvsX, which I'm betting she won't.

Agitated more like. But also slightly annoyed....there's been some claims that Endsong isn't canon...... *silence*. Anyway, I had hoped they would bring up the White Phoenix issue, which seems to have been completely side-lined. Isn't this piece of the Phoenix Force just a fragment? (As the rest is with Jean). What is Jean doing in the White Hot Room? And if it's true that Endsong isn't canon, Jean's dead. I would have hoped for the writing to make it absolutely clear whether Jean's deceased/not deceased/ does she have the Phoenix or doesn't she? I still believe that Hope has absolutely nothing to do with Jean, her appearance being similar was just a ploy by writers to stir up rumours.

well see.

Claremont.

Pretty much agree with this.

(Changes are in italics)

Naturally, I'm happy with Jean returning- even if it is her teenage self. I guess what I'm really looking forward to is the initial reaction of being told of the fate of their future selves, and Jean being told of the Phoenix and her death(s). The first few panels of All New X-men show them being transported to the Jean Grey school of Higher Learning...which should be awesome. I say I'm happy with it, but I also have one major worry and that is what the consequences will be of the time-travel. Basically, will continuity stay the same? Will what has transpired still transpire?

As much as Marvel has screwed up on the Phoenix front in recent years, I still like that it happened (it being the Dark Phoenix Saga, and Jean being bonded with the Phoenix Force).

I would like Jean Grey to gain control of the Phoenix force and not lose control ever. Marvel need to stop killing her off.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Jean is awesome lol. Not much to say since she not active right now atleast. I hope she comes back; AvX is a mess she the only one that can fix it please come back Jean L(U.UL).

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

I didnt even answer any of your questions -.- lol.

Are you happy with a a young version of Jean Grey returning or would you prefer the 616 version of her to return?

Yes, I am I think it gives her potenial. Im pretty sure they will speed up her aging anyways. Im just happy to have her back.

What do you think is going to happen to the young Jean Grey and what would like to see happen to her?

I would like to see her act like the teenager she is lol. I have always liked Jean in the X-Men Evolution cartoon so she should be similar to that. I dont know if that answered you question XD.

WHAT?!?!?! This is news to me I didnt know she will be returing with young scott? So this means grown scott wont exist anymore, and just the young one. I hope it does it would be stupid/annoying to have two Scotts. If this is true I'd kinda feel bad for Emma lol. The man she loves comes back as teenager -.- LOL. Not only that but with young Jean oh poor Emma. I kinda dont want them to be together Jean and Scott. It seems like a real cheap way to do it too. Plus, then she will just be tied to scott. I dont want that. I hated how everything that was about Jean was also about Scott. I want her to be more independent . Oh and on the Scott and Emma thing I really couldnt careless about what going on with them in AvX. XD

A little I just wish they would clear it up a bit. By telling us just how powerful it is, and just how much of it is Jean. Let me clear that up a bit. It might not make sense. You how Dark Phoenix is just Phoenix Force all crazy no Jean. Well they said that White Phoenix is Jean and the Phoenix force as one, but what does that mean? Is it Jean with full control of the Phoenix Force? That doesnt sound like they are one it sounds like Jean is controling it. Maybe its a combo of both their thoughts, ideas, and personalities but arent those already the same? It should be addressed as soon as possible. Also will matter sinces its young Jean hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I dont really care aslong as he does a good job. He better do a good job <.<.

Sorry for typing up a storm XD.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By time1

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

I didnt even answer any of your questions -.- lol.

Are you happy with a a young version of Jean Grey returning or would you prefer the 616 version of her to return?

Yes, I am I think it gives her potenial. Im pretty sure they will speed up her aging anyways. Im just happy to have her back.

What do you think is going to happen to the young Jean Grey and what would like to see happen to her?

I would like to see her act like the teenager she is lol. I have always liked Jean in the X-Men Evolution cartoon so she should be similar to that. I dont know if that answered you question XD.

WHAT?!?!?! This is news to me I didnt know she will be returing with young scott? So this means grown scott wont exist anymore, and just the young one. I hope it does it would be stupid/annoying to have two Scotts. If this is true I'd kinda feel bad for Emma lol. The man she loves comes back as teenager -.- LOL. Not only that but with young Jean oh poor Emma. I kinda dont want them to be together Jean and Scott. It seems like a real cheap way to do it too. Plus, then she will just be tied to scott. I dont want that. I hated how everything that was about Jean was also about Scott. I want her to be more independent . Oh and on the Scott and Emma thing I really couldnt careless about what going on with them in AvX. XD

A little I just wish they would clear it up a bit. By telling us just how powerful it is, and just how much of it is Jean. Let me clear that up a bit. It might not make sense. You how Dark Phoenix is just Phoenix Force all crazy no Jean. Well they said that White Phoenix is Jean and the Phoenix force as one, but what does that mean? Is it Jean with full control of the Phoenix Force? That doesnt sound like they are one it sounds like Jean is controling it. Maybe its a combo of both their thoughts, ideas, and personalities but arent those already the same? It should be addressed as soon as possible. Also will matter sinces its young Jean hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I dont really care aslong as he does a good job. He better do a good job <.<.

Sorry for typing up a storm XD.

She back next month. I thinks it's 7 November when she comes back. Only a couple weeks to go. Christmas is going to great this year, It's my birthday in December, I'm getting Resident Evil 6 at the end of November, Black ops 2 is out next month and Jean will be back. I can't wait. I wonder how other Jean grey fans feel about her return.

Share your views if your happy she coming back.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By duchess

Excited to see her return, however NOT excited she's a teenager.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By time1

@Duchess said:

Excited to see her return, however NOT excited she's a teenager.

I'm worried that she coming back that way too, I do see potential in her coming back as a kid. Hopefully she will grow up quick and somehow we will get to see the 616 version of her again.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Right now Ultimate Jean.

but jean with her karen personality is confusing....i wonder when there will be a karen in 616 which is just jean in disguise????? lol it would be funny if jean wasnt dead, that she just faked her own death and is secretly working for shield

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crimsonlord53

No Karen would be fun after an adult jean comes back not before.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: @RedQueen: @Crimsonlord53: @oviouslyjeangrey: @time: @Duchess:

No Caption Provided

maybe a part of Jean's psyche is still in emma frost thats why scott was drawn to emma frost in the first place

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By duchess

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

maybe a part of Jean's psyche is still in emma frost thats why scott was was drawn to emma forst in the first place

lol no

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i heard teen jean becomes friends with kitty pryde....weird but kitty doesnt like emma so im guessing niether does jean

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Im glad she coming back, but of course I much rather have the present Jean obviously. I would have been even more on board with this if it were just Jean, not the whole team. Why have two of the same character running around? Oh well, Jeans coming back thats all that matters, lol.

Also how do you guy think her children will react to see their mom as a teenager. I guess she only has three all which she didnt give actually birth to, but whatever, lol. One is not even hers, and one was created by science. The three I am talking about is Cable, Rachel, and, X-Man. I guess Cable wouldnt care as much since his mother is Mady. What do you guys think? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@oviouslyjeangrey: Lol. I think Bendis will be excluding that part of the equation. For some reason the writers at Marvel deliberately go out of their ways to segregate the Summers clan even when they're in the same place, with no interaction whatsoever.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@AgeofHurricane: I know its so lame, because if my mom died, and came back as teenager I would alot of thigns to say, not just oh you're back XD lol.

So I guess the better question would be: Who do you think will react and how?

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@Duchess: yes

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey: @Crimsonlord53: @AgeofHurricane: @oviouslyjeangrey:

Jean Grey is a beloved character but emma frost on the other hand who likes her ??? stepford cuckoos because their her "daughters", Scott because hes her "boyfriend", kitty pryde at the start they hated each other but after they try to get along and Rachel only because rachel didnt want to lose her father scott

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean grey rules!!!!! long live the Phoenix!!!! I am Fire made Flesh, Power Reincarnated!!! I AM THE DARK PHOENIX

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By time1

Well these are new covers, which ones do you guys like the most

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: i like the last one but who is the guy in the yellow/orange cape?????

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By time1

Maybe D-ken

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By time1

@Duchess said:

maybe a part of Jean's psyche is still in emma frost thats why scott was was drawn to emma forst in the first place

lol no

@Crimsonlord53 said:

No Karen would be fun after an adult jean comes back not before.

@AgeofHurricane said:

@oviouslyjeangrey: Lol. I think Bendis will be excluding that part of the equation. For some reason the writers at Marvel deliberately go out of their ways to segregate the Summers clan even when they're in the same place, with no interaction whatsoever.

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@Duchess: yes

@time: i like the last one but who is the guy in the yellow/orange cape?????

Jean Grey came back last month. What do you guys think, do you like how she return?

Do you think Bendis will mess up her character. ?

Do you think past Cyclops and Jean Grey will replace present Cyclops and Emma, as the main X-Men couple and would you like them to ?

If it turns that out that Emma is treated badly by marvel, does she deserve it and does Jean Grey deserve to shine in comics again.

Let's us know what you think guys and girls?

Stop - All New X-Men
    Stop - All New X-Men
    Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Jean Grey came back last month. What do you guys think, do you like how she return?

Do you think Bendis will mess up her character. ?

He has not had time so far so good.

Do you think past Cyclops and Jean Grey will replace present Cyclops and Emma, as the main X-Men couple and would you like them to ?

No to part A. No scott and jean are old news it well be interesting to see what jean thinks of the man scott grows up to be.

If it turns that out that Emma is treated badly by marvel, does she deserve it and does Jean Grey deserve to shine in comics again.

No emma deserve to be treated with respect not as scott,s arm candy. Jean has shined in comics since her 616 death only problem is it,s always in a one shoot or a mini or in 1610.

Let's us know what you think guys and girls?

As I said so far so good there have being some wonky bits her putting logan down as an example but so far so good.

Well these are new covers, which ones do you guys like the most

The 2nd one speaks volumes about what might be happing inside her head the 3rd on is just wow.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.