The Most Powerful Psi in the World

#1 Edited by Roddy010 (5195 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the Jean Grey Power discussion thread. Here we will be discussing the powers and feats of Ms. Grey. Jean is a force to be reckoned with even without wielding the Phoenix Force. She has been describe on multiple occasions as,"The most powerful psi in the world" and here I will explain why.

Jean Grey is a full psionic possessing telepathy, telekinesis, empathy, precognition as well as astral projection. Jean being an omega level mutant has unlimited potential in each of these abilities and has done things deemed impossible by Xavier himself.

Telepathy

When using her telepathy Jean Grey can create The Phoenix raptor, a imagery of her telepathic abilities working at their peak. This attack is so powerful it deals not only mental but physical damage as well. Jean states that no shield natural or artificial can withstand it.

Her telepathy is strong enough to breach the mental defenses of characters such as Juggernaut, Magneto, Emma Frost and Cipher.

Jean easily bypasses Emma's diamond form which gives her immunity to telepathy
Despite having his helmet on, Jean placed an entire issue worth of an illusion in Magneto's head.
Jean bypasses Juggernauts' telepathic shield on two occasions.

She can read, perceive and even alter perception from across the world and has touched the minds of mutants all from the X- Mansion.

Her telepathy is considered a threat to telepaths such as Emma Frost, Cassandra Nova, Apocolypse and Gamester.

Jean frees a possessed Cyclops from Apocolypse's grasp.
Jean sets a mental trap on Cerebro to return Xavier back to his body causing Cassandra much pain.

Jean has been trained by Xavier since she was 12 years old and has honed her abilities and extensive knowledege of the astral plane.

A young Jean makes contact with a young Cyclops. This interaction later lead Xavier to scout Scott to his school.
Jean gives Psylocke some telepathic training, teaching her the fundamentals of combat as well as the astral plane.
Jean creates a telepathic conference room, linking multiple minds simutaneously

It is commonly misconstrued that Jean possess only raw power with her telepathy. However she possess much skill, versatility and finesse in the use of tp.

In a attempt to rescue the psyche of Xavier from a mental prison placed by Cassandra Nova, Jean and Emma encountered man obstacles and traps. Jean was able to overcome these obstacles with little to no trouble, while Emma was stuck on door #1.

Jean has enough skill to unlock the alien minds of an entire horde of N'Garai demons to create illusions.

Meme, a mutant with the ability to absorb psyches to enhance his other abilities, had taken multiple victims as his own. Jean sort through each of these psyches to find Meme's and completely shut his off. Thus freeing all of his victims.

Somewhere towards the end of the Onslaught Saga the Avengers decide they need more raw power to take Onslaught on. Hulk knows he can do it, but he can't if the Banner part of his mind is still active. He asks Jean to go in and turn Banner off and she does so.

In a attempt to save her life, Jean places her psyche into the comatose body of Emma Frost. Not only did she transfer her mind but her telekinesis as well.

Jean reclaims the consciousness and body of Emma Frost, while also gaining medical knowledge from Hank.

Jean reclaims the consciousness of Charles Xavier and then proceeds to splinter it into the minds of millions of mutants. All while under attack by the nanosentinels.

The psychich rapport Jean and Cyclops share allowed her to overcome the mental and physical defenses placed by Apocolypse

Her telepathy is powerful enough to dispel Demons/Ghost to prevent possession

Astral Projection

Jean is capable of manifesting her astral form on the physical plane for extended periods of times. While in this form she channels her own natural psionic energy to create force via tk or tp. Her astral form has been a threat to the likes of Iron Man and Gladiator.

Telekinesis

Jean possesses telekinesis on a molecular level. Her telekinesis had advanced to the point that her consciousness extended itself over all forms of matter. This "Telekinetic Godhood" allows her to permeate and see through all the surface aspects of matter and energy.

Jean can create a force field with her tk that is nearly impenetrable. Her shields have allowed her to travel through hyperspace into a white hole, tank a full blast from Binary, tank a nuclear gas explosion at point blank range and contain an explosion that could potentially wipe out a time line (AoA).

More to come.

#2 Edited by Roddy010 (5195 posts) - - Show Bio

Telekineticly activates Scott's visor....

#3 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roddy010 said:

Control's Scott's optic blast via telepathy.... 

That wasn't controlling his beams, she was using her telekinesis to activate his visor.
#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

You really ROCK Roddy........let's see what i got...

One of my most favorite feats of all time, placing the most powerful telepath's consciousness in her own mind without losing control.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought respect threads were banned a long time ago...?

#6 Posted by Roddy010 (5195 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: Nice... 
Downloading info and erasing memories... 
#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though the story-arc hasn't been completed yet i still thought it best to upload this, Jean's past self alerting Cyclops of the future about the events to come, in turn forcing his "sub-consciousness"? to his past self to relive the part of his life that he had apparently forgotten. 

#8 Posted by Roddy010 (5195 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: Nice 

Jean's first encounter with Scott which later lead him to Charles Xavier forming the X-men.... 

Hurling multiple boulders at a T-rex... 

Telekinectically unlocking a door... 

Shielding herself from an explosion....After proceeds to lift the entire team to safety... 

#9 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Jean Grey back in the days of the original X-Men accomplish these feats?

--fire TP/TK bolts through Juggernaut's helmet 
--fire TP/TK bolts throught Magneto's helmet 
--fire bolts of TK force against Magneto after all the other X-Men fell (it was something like the last page panel)
#10 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

this almost made me cry i miss her

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12678 posts) - - Show Bio

She owned Sabretooth to the point I think he fell in love with her, LOL

#13 Posted by AssertingValor (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I like them as long as people stay on topic and post feats and not just " i like her!" crap........

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick: My post was in reference to something else. For a long while respect threads were banned because of fear from the staff of the site getting shut down due to copyright infringement.

#15 Posted by AssertingValor (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I see, good point...

#16 Posted by Roddy010 (5195 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpage

#17 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

i LOVE this thread, my favorite x-woman (right up there next to storm) i wonder why she hasn't tried her tk on other elements like water .. i didn't even know she was pyrokinetic on her own lol i thought it was just with the force .. and what exactly is the trial of jean grey? a solo or something?

#18 Posted by Roddy010 (5195 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe: The trial was just an ANXM arc focusing on the Shiar's unjust trial of Jean during her Phoenix days. They wait til she's a child to try and check her about eating the D'Bari's sun and desroying the galaxy and their top of the line Space Cruiser. That ish ain't cheap but they knew they had to get her at her weakest and she still kicked Gladiators ass up and down.lol

#19 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO YES! i was laughing so bad at that! XD .. i like the fact that she doesn't have the phoenix(or does she?) .. it was just wayyyyy to much, let her come into her own level of power without it even though she's done impressive things alone, i'd like her feats to be done by her not as a host.

#20 Posted by Roddy010 (5195 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe: Nope Phoenix wasn't involved at all it was all Jean. Iron Man has comfirmed that Jean has her own deadly natural source of power to tap into. One thing I've always hated was that people misconstrued her power levels due to Phoenix. People forget that even without the force she's still an omega lvl mutant.

#21 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: precisely, let that cosmic chicken go play in some frying oil .. i wish they would return to her bestie/sister relationship with storm .. i miss it.

#22 Edited by martinceld (438 posts) - - Show Bio

cuckoos referring to jean as "the all powerful queen of psis"

Future teen jean (so technically still the same jean) taking on multiple people including phoenix empowered Quire

Future teen Jean defeating phoenix powered Quire

#23 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (1522 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by martinceld (438 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe: lol yeah since the OP used scans of teen jean as legit feats for jean then future teen jean should probably be acceptable as well haha

anyway, jean lifting thousands of tons with her TK

#25 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: is she back to her normal age now? i'm dying from the lack of storm/jean relationship.

#26 Posted by martinceld (438 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't wait til @roddy010 comes back and continues with this thread :3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.