Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 7984 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

The Jean Grey Factor

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

I decided to create this blog, to show how important Jean Grey  is to X-Men.

No Caption Provided
     Jean Grey & the Phoenix 
    The Phoenix has always be part of  who Jean Grey is. Makes her unique and one marvel most powerful marvel characters of all time.  
    The red colours, Dark Phoenix represents, darkness, & rage. The Green colours of Phoenix represents good and White crown of Phoenix represents her as one with the  Phoenix. There has been a lot of discussion to do with the Phoenix among fans, some people believe that the Phoenix is too big X-Men, personally I don't agree with that all. There has been long periods in comics where Jean Grey has been without the phoenix. 
     90's were particular famous for  that,  Jim Lee days.  Storyline like X - Cutioner's  Song, where both Cyclops & Jean were held prisoners by Stryfe.
    Jean grey  didn't come close to Stryfe power at the time. I think writers used the Phoenix as an excuse to get rid of her,  which I think is wrong. 
     Like Wolverine said, the Phoenix can only play itself out for so long.  I think  writers need to address this issue. I think the White crown will be address and what that means for Jean & X-Men sooner or later. We know with the Phoenix, she the most powerful X-Men, but without it, how powerful is she?. 
     She has great powers, like t telepathic & telekinesis. I think the writers need to address how much power she should have with the Phoenix and how much she shouldn't have. 

No Caption Provided
     Team members.
    Since the departure of Jean Grey, the teams haven't change that much. There hasn't been much of a variety. Back in 90s, the Jim Lee days. You had variety, the Blue 
    team and Gold team. Then you had Chris Claremont X-Treme X-Men and Morrison run in New X-Men, You had a lot of a variety. 
     If we look at the members, the people who I think will benefit from her return. First of all I think Storm will benefit  from her return, cause there both strong women, there best friends and it won't seem like just a Cyclops team, or a Cyclops reign in comics, maybe Storm can play a bigger part.
    I think beast will surely benefit from her return, Beast hasn't always agree with Cyclops actions, Cyclops hasn't always listen to him and I think with Jean there, he may have a chance. She could be the peacemaker there. There Angel too, we not sure what will happen when she does return, will she get back with Cyclops, or won't she. 
     IF she doesn't,  then maybe Angel will benefit, he always had a crush on her, so you never know. Jean grey  maybe single again. I think iceman will benfit too, Beast, Iceman & Angel are all from original X-Men, maybe they can finally be reunited.  

No Caption Provided
     Storylines & Comics
    People say Jean Grey is too big for X-Men & the comics and somehow I don't think that is true. I decided to list the, best & important stories with & without Jean Grey.  
    To see the difference.
    With
    Age of Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix Saga, Fatal Attractions, Here Comes Tomorrow, Legion Quest,  The Prime of  Miss Emma Frost & Murder at the Mansion, Onslaught, Phoenix: Endsong, Phoenix: Warsong, Planet X, Ultimatum, X-Cutioner's Song & X-Tinction Agenda etc.
    Without
    Divided We Stand, House of M, Messiah CompleX, Necrosha, Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire, Second Coming, Utopia,Torn & Civil War.   

Stories like Messiah War, Old ghost, Angels & Demons & not far & forgotten, even though there some of the best stories.They not really related to the X-Men, there just about the X-Force & Cable.  As you can see a most of best storylines feature Jean grey. This show how important she is, how having her in team,is a better thing for comics & story lines. Phoenix: Warsong, doesn't feature Jean Grey, but feature the Phoenix force, which tie to Jean Grey. 

No Caption Provided

Romance & Relationship.  
    There are three main characters that I think will benefit from her return.
    Cyclops
    Cyclops & Jean grey, are the couple who have nearly lasted over two centuries. There the oldest couple and most popular couple of all time.
    I know people have said that love traingle has already be play out between Emma, Cyclops & Jean and  the result was Emma. Not by choice either.  
    Cyclops had to choose Emma, cause he had no other alternative.Jean force him to moved on with her, cause she had no further part to play in the team. We no that now, that she will in the end, cause she will return. The question gotto be will cylcops choose Emma over Jean when she comes back ? no-one knows that.  
    We seen a change in Cyclops  personality since Jean departure, we seen more of a darken side to him and is that down to Emma, or did the writers want to show change in him.  As we know Uncanny X-Men, has mostly been a Cyclops & Emma frost show, it just seems to be about them, writers exposuring there relationship too much and I notice fans getting annoyed with it. It is annoying. It shouldn't just be there show, there are other X-Men characters to explore and Jean Grey is one of them. 

No Caption Provided

Wolverine
    I seen a lot of injustice done to Jean Grey character, that she wasn't been faithful to Cyclops and that she may of loved Wolverine more, we seen this in Forever X-Men and briefly in Ultimate X-MEN. For those fans since the 70's, we know that not true. Jean Grey was a very loyal woman and  faithful wife to Cyclops, she always loved him more, he's her true loved. I think the writers did this on purpose, to make people not feel bad for Cyclops, for him having affair with Emma Frost.  Then trying prove that he was unhappy with Jean and he will be more happy with Emma. 
    The only think that it done was to raise question, that never been answered. Is there chance for Wolverine and a chance to have Wolverine & Jean Grey relationship within the team. Me, personally I think yes, there both strong characters, both passionate characters and they care for each other very much. I think wolverine most likely to benefit from her return. Wolverine always had a darkness in him and since he has lead the x-force, it showed a  even darker side to him. Maybe he needs to come out  of the darkness, then the struggles with his son, maybe he needs someone to bring him into light and I think that should be Jean grey. I don't think Jean should get with him straight away, I think she needs some alone time first in the team and then may be an option to explore.

Charles Xavier
    Charles is a character that will hugly benefit from her return. Since jean absence in the x-men,  Charles hasn't always been part of the team. To certain extend the writers kind of ruined his character. He his the founder of X-Men, but he no where to found. It's like he has no purpose to team anymore or the X-Men.
    He trying to make up for the past, but where will that lead him in the future. Jean grey is very close to both Cyclops & Charles Xavier, maybe she can  rebuild a bridge between these characters. Get them talking & communicating again, make them rebuild there friendship again.   

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Family & connections
     Rachel Grey 
     Rachel Grey has been a poor substitute for Jean Grey, she has no important connections to the team. She hasn't been part of team for long time. 
    As we know, she already lost the Phoenix force. So maybe when Jean returns, we no longer have to see Rachel Grey, which I will be very grateful for. 
    I don't like copies or clones, people say there have Rachel over Jean Grey. which i find very strange. It's like saying there have X-23 over Wolverine. Noone better than the original character. Everyone is entitle to there opinion & views of course. I just think Jean better and has a lot more to offer.
    Hope Summers
    Everyone know Hope summers is connected to Jean grey in some way, she is very similiar to Jean.  First baby born since M-day and now she young lady. We know for fact that writers have been building up Jean return and somehow Hope is connected to it. Which shows how important they both are. 

No Caption Provided

Jean Grey & Emma Frost 
    Everyone knows the debate between these two characters, some favour Emma, some favour Jean. Me personally, i think there both strong characters, both powerful women and there very important to the team & Cyclops particular.
    I  think people are worried, if Jean does return, where will that leave Emma Frost. Emma Frost character has risen in popularity over the years,  A lot of people like her and some don't. She mean, selfish and she loves Cyclops. Jean the opposite, she caring & passionate, but also has a darkness in her.
    Emma frost has a lot to thank Jean for, Jean put her back together & saved her life and force Cyclops to moved on with her. Somehow I think the rivalry is still there between these two women. In the end who will Scott Summers choose, his wife or women he grow to loved. Me, personally i prefer him to choose Emma, then Logan can have Jean, but who knows. Jean may not forgive him or Emma, she may act angry towards them and so she should. Remember Emma swore to get revenge on Jean & the Phoenix at the end of Pheonix warsong. Somwhow I hope Jean will get the better over her, cause she derserve it. She X-Men first lady and Cyclops first love and Emma will never comes close to that, no matter how popular she is or how powerful she is.

kai95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kai95

Good!!! But i honeslty don't want her with Cyclops or Wolvie. because logan himself said it would never work and it's annoying. I think Scott should stay with Emma but Jean Should take her role As Headmistress or Leader of the X-men.

mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mario_nblc

<3 JEAN <3   
     ... cool post
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By time1
    @kai95 said:
    " Good!!! But i honeslty don't want her with Cyclops or Wolvie. because logan himself said it would never work and it's annoying. I think Scott should stay with Emma but Jean Should take her role As Headmistress or Leader of the X-men. "
    I would like Jean to be with Logan for a while ,just to see how it goes. Your right it would be nice to see her as leader of the X-Men. 
    @mario_nblc said:
    " <3 JEAN <3    ... cool post "
    Thanks, I think it's good to show how important Jean is to the X-Men.
    johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By johnnie619

if it turns out that hope is jean. that would make it shit. waiting for her comback
    mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mighty dude

Jean is important to th whole marvel universe.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I agree, i grew up seeing Jean Grey in many great stories, to me X-Men will never be the same without Jean, and i would also want Emma and Scott to stay together when she returns.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By geraldthesloth

Jean isn't that important, they've gone on for a while without her and have done just fine.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " Jean isn't that important, they've gone on for a while without her and have done just fine. "
    Are you series some of stories has been as lame ever? Don't get me started on some of the teams. 
    Avatar image for the_greatest_username
    The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nice post 
    I personally don't wanna see her get with Logan, at all...he's even said that it wouldn't work between them... 
    I don't wanna see her get back with Scott right away either, but I do want them to reunite eventually... 
    I don't want her to have any Phoenix powers either, but if she's got a little bit of Phoenix power (like in Morrison's New X-Men) I'm fine with that... 
    the X-Men are better with Jean Grey
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1
    @The_Greatest_Username said:
    nice post I personally don't wanna see her get with Logan, at all...he's even said that it wouldn't work between them... I don't wanna see her get back with Scott right away either, but I do want them to reunite eventually... I don't want her to have any Phoenix powers either, but if she's got a little bit of Phoenix power (like in Morrison's New X-Men) I'm fine with that... the X-Men are better with Jean Grey

That's really true, The X-Men are better with Jean Grey. I am suprise that some fans don't see that, but each to there own. X-Men is so bad at moment, so many poorly develop characters and so many writers who I have no clue on how to make X-Men interesting again.
    It's really bad, I miss Jean Grey

Zaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 67

#11  Edited By Zaber

Wow! Excellent images and stories. thumbs up!!! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.