Storm and jeans sistership!?!?!

#1 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

The comics nor cartoons or the movies for that matter never really went into alot of details for me nor really just made an issue that i KNOW OF that really showed they're friendship, i hope when jean returns they do atleast a issue special on it or something to actually show it..
#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they were just Bffs and never showed how they became that way.. I thought of this before.

#3 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Yeah they were just Bffs and never showed how they became that way.. I thought of this before. "

really sucks that they do not even show their friendship on the freaking shows to
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a lot in the movies that already existed without showing it happening.  They didn't really have the time for it, and pretty much played on the general awareness of relationships in the X-Universe (ie Jean & Scott being a couple, and Cyclops being the field leader of the X-Men, etc).  I'm content with how they were obviously friends, even if they didn't show how or when they met :)

#5 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

There was a lot in the movies that already existed without showing it happening.  They didn't really have the time for it, and pretty much played on the general awareness of relationships in the X-Universe (ie Jean & Scott being a couple, and Cyclops being the field leader of the X-Men, etc).  I'm content with how they were obviously friends, even if they didn't show how or when they met :)

"

thats understadible but i still wanna see some thuings there XDD
#6 Posted by azaritorrent (525 posts) - - Show Bio

in the movies all they focused on was wolverine... i mean, dude. why was wolverine crying harder than storm when xavier died??? she would have been the one to see him die not the harry midget, that just so happened to hit a growth spurt to six feet tall. the movies are bullshyt and do not need to be taken seriously.
#7 Posted by wolverine54 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh huh
#8 Posted by logansgirl (140 posts) - - Show Bio
@azaritorrent said:
"in the movies all they focused on was wolverine... i mean, dude. why was wolverine crying harder than storm when xavier died??? she would have been the one to see him die not the harry midget, that just so happened to hit a growth spurt to six feet tall. the movies are bullshyt and do not need to be taken seriously. "

Storm always does seem to keep her emotions in check as much as possible so I guess it wasnt totally out of character for her to maybe not cry that hard.
And yes the movies are bull but I still like them for what they are, 
just movies
#9 Posted by LaMar1 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

these two ladies are unbeatable its not even funny how powerful they are

#10 Posted by mario_nblc (116 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by inferiorego (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

ignore comment, fixing threads

Staff
#12 Posted by Roddy010 (5153 posts) - - Show Bio
@mario_nblc said:
"

"
Lol the last one is cute.... 
#13 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never felt like they were best friends.I know everybody says that,but i've never "felt" their friendship you know .They were regular friends in my opinion,so i think all the BFFstuff is a writer thing.

#14 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

<333
#15 Posted by mario_nblc (116 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Roddy010 (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought it was pretty kool that Jean and Ororo were best friends...Their friendship was always described as sisiters...Here we have Ororo referring to Jean as sister, when she left in Phoenix Endsong....

Jean even went against her own husband and joined Storm's Gold Team...

#17 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

I still find it funny how the Dark Phoenix went and told Storm how she loved her more than her own sister, well seeing as how Jean and Phoenix are one it shouldn't really surprise but it just does

#18 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember there was a deleted scene with Jean/Storm talking in Blackbird. It pretty much implies that they are friends.

#19 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" I remember there was a deleted scene with Jean/Storm talking in Blackbird. It pretty much implies that they are friends. "

<3
#20 Edited by time (4874 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like see them both in a team again. When Jean Grey returns. I like a team with Storm, Jean Grey, Charles, Beast, Gambit & X-23. The team should be called Astonishing X-Men. I would like them to move away from Cyclops & Emma Frost. I think it would be the best thing for Jean, as well as Charles, Beast, & Storm and I like the friendship between Gambit & X-23 and also like the friendship between Storm and Gambit. I'm tired of this Emma & Cyclops crap, it's boring and annoying. Writers should focus on other characters, for a while

#21 Edited by Roddy010 (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Another showing of sisterhood...Ororo threatens Emma, because her psychic back lash caused Jean harm....

Here Jean/Phoenix threatens Emma and pursue her in psychic combat for tampering with Ororo's mind...

One thing we can say about these two...They really hate Emma....lol

#22 Posted by time (4874 posts) - - Show Bio

Which part of reason I want Jean Back. I  do miss her friendship with Storm, I doubt Emma would stand a chance against these two.

#23 Edited by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

BFF's 4ever!!!!!!!

Having a nice telepathic conversation. Girl talk,bonding. :)                                                                                              
#24 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
"I still find it funny how the Dark Phoenix went and told Storm how she loved her more than her own sister, well seeing as how Jean and Phoenix are one it shouldn't really surprise but it just does "

huh???
#25 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: I mean seeing as how DP is meant to be mentally corrupted and all i find it surprising how she managed to say "I loved you more than my own sister" to Storm, did she even say she loved Scott?
#26 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane
Oh! ...Maybe she was going in and out of "Jean" consciousness. Idk ...but then again, would you blame her if she failed to mention Scott? lol
Case in point... 

;D
#27 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: I wouldn't say going it and out of her consciousness, maybe feeling what Jean felt and letting their sister-ship power shine even more !!O.O, no i really wouldn't blame her if she failed to mention Scott ^.^
#28 Posted by Roddy010 (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

When Ororo lost her powers she went back to Africa to reconnect with herself...While going through this journey she encountered the ghost of her mother and Jean Grey... 

#29 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: Great find! I was thinking of this panel, but I have absolutely no way of finding that comic. If I recall correctly, this was one of the stories told in the "X-Men Classic" run from waaay back in 1986. A lot of new artists filled in to write some of these stories, so while some issues were straight reprints, others were combinations of reprints and newer materials. The first one featured a story where Storm met Angel while flying and she talked about how she was jealous since she had to "fake" it while he could really fly.

There were a few more of these stories, but essentially, they bonded because she and Storm were the only female long-term members for quite some time. Lorna was part time, so she didn't get to know Storm, as well. When Jean decided to move out and pursue college in New York, she still kept in touch with Cyclops and Storm. It's implied that Storm and Jean hung out and shared war stories of being the only female member of a super hero team.  

The "Dark Phoenix saga had a few moments where Storm had to decide how much Jean meant to her - she couldn't agree with what Jean did, but she started to realize before the others that Jean's personality was becoming dual. If I could find the scan way back when Jean rescued Storm from Emma, after they reunite Kitty with her parents, Ororo mentions to Scott that she saw another, wilder side come out. It's the panel where Storm is wearing a hear net and an Ethiopian style white dress with golden embroidery along the arms and hem.

#30 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Another pic showing their bond (second panel): 

#31 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides
EPIC scans bro! :)  hmm...I know I've seen that panel when Jean rescued Storm form Emma before too......I'll be looking for it.
side note: Didn't Storm and Polaris have a bit of a feud or something when they 1st met? 
#32 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life said:
@PhoenixoftheTides: EPIC scans bro! :)  hmm...I know I've seen that panel when Jean rescued Storm form Emma before too......I'll be looking for it.side note: Didn't Storm and Polaris have a bit of a feud or something when they 1st met? 
Well Storm and Polaris worked together to send Krakoa into space, but I don't think they really hung out after that. They know each other, and from what I remember of the Claremont era, they were friendly, but they never connected like Ororo and Jean did. Maybe because at the time Polaris and Havok were going to graduate school on the West Coast and were too focused on their relationship to form attachments to the new recruits but they did help a few times. You may be referring to a storyline when Polaris was mind-controlled by Erik the Red, and she and Havok fought the X-Men prior to the Phoenix saga. I think that was actually the storyline where her codename changed from Magnetrix to Polaris. Later on, like years later, Malice took over Polaris' body for an extended period of time and lead the Marauders, and Storm lead the X-Men against them. This didn't get cleared up until the Muir Island Saga, so there was a period of years when Lorna was an enemy.
#33 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides
Geez...ur like my own lil Marvel encyclodedia dude!  
....yeah, I think I must have been thinking of that mind control pre-Phoenix Saga. lol
#34 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: I read a lot of the reprints when I was a kid. It was Uncanny X-Men #97 - Storm and Polaris were evenly matched at that point - until Lorna made Storm angry. A bit of PIS was involved there, since the last attack that would harm Polaris would be a lightning or thunder bolt - especially since that same attack increased her powers back in Giant Size. But mind control tends to make people get beaten by things that normally doesn't affect them that much.
#35 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides
thx! ;)
#36 Posted by Roddy010 (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Another touching Jean and Ororo moment.... 

#37 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

They make the best sister combination ever.
#38 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Look what I found!

#39 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (729 posts) - - Show Bio

What I want to know is have they ever been lovers?

#40 Posted by Roddy010 (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

@riri4life: Awesome! Loved Phoenix's costume as well as Storm's..

#41 Posted by jhazzroucher (15137 posts) - - Show Bio

They're indeed BFF considering that both Jean and Storm love Cyclops and Wolverine

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.