Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8003 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Should Rachel be guiding her mother, instead of kitty.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

Poll Should Rachel be guiding her mother, instead of kitty. (9 votes)

Yes 67%
    No 33%
     • 
    Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

if racheal ever gets a chance to meet her mother first....lol

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jg0587

Well bendis already said they will meet so we know that is coming (though we don't know how much of a hand she will have in training jean).

I enjoy bendis delaying things like jean and Rachel meeting.

Take jean's irresponsible use of her telepathy as an example. It would have made more sense if the staff (kitty and others) laid down the law as soon as jean mind-altered young angel right when she did it. In fact many people were upset that she wasn't put in her place right away.

However, from a story perspective, it was much more interesting for jean's character development to wait until she started messing with Angela's mind a second time before kitty and she had that deep heart-to-heart we saw in anx#11.

So while yes it'd make sense if Rachel was guiding jean right now, I think it's far more productive for jean's character development to be trained by kitty. Bendis' delay of kitty and jeans conversation til issue 11 really gave the conversation more of an impact IMHO.

I feel that him delaying the encounter between Rachel and jean will have a similar effect - I think when they finally talk its going to feel like the talk means more.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Outside_85

I think it will just lead to a massive amount of confusion, while that's just another one for the current pile, I think that meeting might just be the last drop for Jean.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last drop as in jeans going to go crazy? Or what?

I find your response a bit vague, please forgive me :)

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was told by mercy_ that Rachel and Teen Jean will have a moment in ANXM 15 as Bendis stated this via Tumblr. Though they were shown on panel in today's Wolverine and The X-Men (issue 29).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.