Recent Drawings: Phoenix Costume Redesign

Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my entry for the Artist Showoff Forums: Costume Contest #25... 

It resembles this uniform in a way...

The costume is not all that different than the original, I just redesigned the Phoenix logo on her chest and showed more skin... Actually the legs area design was an idea I got from Jean's original Ultimate X-Men Uniform.

So I guess this could be the costume 1610 Jean wears as Phoenix!
This is not particularly one of my favorite drawings but I do have to say that I am happy with how her hair and the Phoenix logo came out.

So please tell me what you think of this, and remember to go to the Costume Contest forum and see the other entries, plus the voting thread should begin sometime this weekend!

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 2 year user, blogger and wiki editor of Comic Vine, and all time geek!
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Cute!  It's like a cross between the redesign (prior to Morrison taking over) and the classic Phoenix.

#2 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

CUTE!  

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: @.Mistress Redhead.:  Thank You! n_n
#4 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Cute!  It's like a cross between the redesign (prior to Morrison taking over) and the classic Phoenix. "

This one?  out of all of her costumes it's my favorite

also very nice Sora...I like the tank top look
#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I like your art, good work! :D

#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" I like your art, good work! :D "
Thanks! 

@danhimself said:
"also very nice Sora...I like the tank top look "
Thanks... and actually I forgot about that version of the Phoenix costume!
#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

It shall be dubbed the "screaming chicken" costume.

#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" It shall be dubbed the "screaming chicken" costume. "
Huh?
#9 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: Screaming Chicken... its what they called the Firebird back in the day (because of the hood emblem) and since they have the same logo plastered on each other. Hence Screaming Chicken.
#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @sora_thekey: Screaming Chicken... its what they called the Firebird back in the day (because of the hood emblem) and since they have the same logo plastered on each other. Hence Screaming Chicken. "
OK.... Screaming Chicken it is then... :|
#11 Posted by treysome (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool I like it, kinda want to see it colored to see what colors the new parts are.  Though I can already imagine what some are.  Thanks for posting this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.