No more phoenix.

#1 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

If and it,s a big if the phoenix is gone dose this mean the 616 universe is dyeing a slow death. Jean was charged with protecting 616 was she not.

#2 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

I really doubt that the punk as* Scarlet witch and her bimbo friend hope could get rid of the phoenix LOL.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: Hope is 16, not sure calling her a bimbo is appropriate.

#4 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly doubt it'll be the end of the Phoenix.

@TheCrowbar said:

@oviouslyjeangrey: Hope is 16, not sure calling her a bimbo is appropriate.

I agree with you. Referring to Hope with a term like that is inappropriate.

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Really really doubt the Phoenix is gone for good.

#6 Posted by Onemoreposter (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

If and it,s a big if the phoenix is gone dose this mean the 616 universe is dyeing a slow death. Jean was charged with protecting it was she not.

Phoenix, of course, is not gone for good. That should be a given. Once certain thing about all comics is that no thing or person stays gone. I am not familiar with the story where Jean is "charged with protecting the phoenix force," but that's another thing about comics, no change or rule stays in place.

The consequences and changes we've seen in AvX won't stick, just like the changes and consequences of House of M didn't stick. Comicdom (regardless of the company) is set in a continuous rubber band motion, waning and waxing away from the status quos set in silver and bronze age continuities.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't think the Phoenix Force is gone for good either.  The Phoenix Force is practically a huge part of the X-Men story lines and getting rid of it permanently is like saying that half of the X-Men story lines are gone for good.  I think this is just a temporary thing and was used as a way to create some kind of spectacular stunt from the AvX event and it will eventually come back.  Just think what would happen if the real Jean Grey came back, how will they deal with her White Phoenix Crown storyline if there is no Phoenix Force involved?
#8 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Im not using the itlian meaning.....Im using the one which mean attractive women with an empty head lol

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: Your grasp of the English language makes me want to choke your English teacher to death for failing you so badly.

#10 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: No you are the one who doesnt know what bimbo means.

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Is that not what I said attractive women with an empty head. This is exactly what said. Why are you trying to make it seem that I dont know what it means. When I was exactly right, and I didnt have to google it.

Trying to look smart correcting me; when you are the one that is wrong.

#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: You should try reading full sentences.

#15 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Why becuase I left off this part? esp. one perceived as a willing sex object. That part is not really the meaning of the word. We all know that bimbo is like air head. So just stop this its getting annoying.

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: Google disagrees with you.

#17 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Im done with you if you dont know that bimbo means air head then dont waste my time.

P.s maybe you should reread the definition, because you dont need to be perceived as a willing sex object to be a bimbo.

#18 Posted by Dernman (15159 posts) - - Show Bio

The PF was disbursed but there is no reason to think it won't just reform. I actually think this often happens to the PF and that's what usually happens when it does it's job.

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@TheCrowbar: Im done with you if you dont know that bimbo means air head then dont waste my time.

P.s maybe you should reread the definition, because you dont need to be perceived as a willing sex object to be a bimbo.

esp. is short hand for especially. I copy and pasted the definition from Google. You're welcome to link an alternative source. But Google's definitions are generally spot on.

#20 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Ok one last post then I am done lol. DUDE thats exactly why I am right. If the defintion were An attractive but empty-headed young woman perceived as a willing sex object. Things would be different, but especially changes the meaning to my favor......

We should stop, because this isnt the ObviouslyJeanGrey and TheCrowbar arument thread lol.

#21 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: I just feel it's wrong to call a young girl a bimbo based on the definition provided by Google it's sorta out of line.

#22 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: The defintion said young women..............Plus she not real, and I was using the word bimbo like the term air head.

#23 Posted by XsPectre28 (726 posts) - - Show Bio

the phoenix will return through young jean grey..... she will gain present/deceased jean's memories & experiences as well as hope who is a creation of the phoenix force & become the true phoenix as she was always meant to be

#24 Edited by TheThe (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

Wikipedia :

Bimbo, in its popular English language usage, describes a woman who acts in a sexually promiscuous manner. The term can also be used to describe a woman who is physically attractive but is perceived to have a low intelligence or poor education. Rarely, the term is used as a jocular, possibly slightly flattering description. It is almost always used as a derogatory insult towards a woman.

Thefreedictionary :

bim·bo (bmb)n. pl. bim·bos

1. Slang A woman regarded as vacuous or as having an exaggerated interest in her sexual appeal.

bimbo [ˈbɪmbəʊ]n pl -bos, -boes

1. an attractive but empty-headed young woman

2. a fellow; person esp a foolish one

I guess both of you are right. It depends on the use of literal or figurative language.

#25 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: @oviouslyjeangrey: @XsPectre28:

wouldnt it be cool if jean grey faked her own death and saves the world by herself thats why people like storm,scott and emma had visions of her

#26 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Jean Grey coming back would need to be purposeful, as in uniting all the mutant factions in peace.

#27 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Jean Grey coming back would need to be purposeful, as in uniting all the mutant factions in peace.

finally something we agree on

new x-men 1

i wonder if scott not finnishing his letter means they never got together and jean ends up with angel???

#28 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Well I guess she kind off did. Since in End Song she didnt really die. It would be cool though; she come out after AvX like "Just kidding." lol

#30 Posted by Mr Marvel82 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't think the Phoenix Force is gone for good either. The Phoenix Force is practically a huge part of the X-Men story lines and getting rid of it permanently is like saying that half of the X-Men story lines are gone for good. I think this is just a temporary thing and was used as a way to create some kind of spectacular stunt from the AvX event and it will eventually come back. Just think what would happen if the real Jean Grey came back, how will they deal with her White Phoenix Crown storyline if there is no Phoenix Force involved?

I don't think Marvel will ever deal with Jean as White Phoenix of the Crown or what the White Hot room is or anything that used to be continuity concerning Jean's relationship to the Phoenix.

(Possible AvsX Spoiler)

Having Hope become White Phoenix at the end of AvsX means anybody can be a "Phoenix of the Crown." And Joe Q has said time and time again that 616 adult Jean is dead and there are no plans to bring her back. He's also said that he doesn't count Phoenix Endsong as a canon story. Pity. I thought it was good, as well as what Morrison did with Jean and the Phoenix.

#31 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Marvel82
how can they have the x-men without jean she was an original.....im also sick of people like storm, emma(x-men:second coming) and cyclops(avx12) having visions of jean....i dont think marvel even knows what there doing
#32 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

I really would like to see jean come back as a darker more cynical person changed buy what she's seen and done as the WPoTC. Having the younger jean coming to the present leads to to many what happens without the X men in the past questions. Having an adult 616 finding her place in a world very different then the one she left would work better IMO.

#33 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53: totally agreed.....i miss jean....maybe rachel will tell 16 year old jean how she died so she can get her mother back.....i think rachel and wolverine miss jean the most

#34 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

If and it,s a big if the phoenix is gone dose this mean the 616 universe is dyeing a slow death. Jean was charged with protecting 616 was she not.

yeah i dont get it either ......the phoenix itself said it liked being jean the most thats why it keeps reviving her like in phoenix endsong, jean being in a cocoon and x-men the end

#35 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crimsonlord53 said:

I really would like to see jean come back as a darker more cynical person changed buy what she's seen and done as the WPoTC. Having the younger jean coming to the present leads to to many what happens without the X men in the past questions. Having an adult 616 finding her place in a world very different then the one she left would work better IMO.

I agree. I can't really see how many stories they can get out of a young Jean Grey coming to the future while they could make so many stories with the real Jean Grey coming back to the X-Men.
#36 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Jean becoming the punchline of the life and death joke is very upsetting. The only reason I even started to read comics or become the big fan I am of X-Men is because Jean Grey. And Marvel continues to allow people ( crap writers ) to use her as a horrible plot device. As the only founding female member of the X-Men I think she is entitled a little more respect than that. Everything that has happened to the phoenix force and Jean's memory since her "death" has been nothing short of terrible writing and disrepect. Since she has been gone no other character has been the heart of the X-Men franchise. Jean was and is the true heart of the X-men. Her coming back if well written would be the best thing to happen to Marvel in a LONG time. P.S. The Scarlet Witch has never contained power to rival that of the Phoenix Force, that whole life force thing was just a waste and counter-productive. Also reading the debate over Hope in previous posts was Hilarious. And to set the record straight, Hope was a Marvel abortion that went horribly wrong, her plot and point in the comics was never made clear and the end was lackluster. She is exactly like Scott which is why they never got along. Dont forget she was raised by Cable, son of scott. She is like her "grandfather".

#37 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheRealJeanGrey: i still hope that hope summers is scott and jeans kid somehow....they did it to rachel so they could do that with hope

#38 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRealJeanGrey said:

For me Jean becoming the punchline of the life and death joke is very upsetting. The only reason I even started to read comics or become the big fan I am of X-Men is because Jean Grey. And Marvel continues to allow people ( crap writers ) to use her as a horrible plot device. As the only founding female member of the X-Men I think she is entitled a little more respect than that. Everything that has happened to the phoenix force and Jean's memory since her "death" has been nothing short of terrible writing and disrepect. Since she has been gone no other character has been the heart of the X-Men franchise. Jean was and is the true heart of the X-men. Her coming back if well written would be the best thing to happen to Marvel in a LONG time. P.S. The Scarlet Witch has never contained power to rival that of the Phoenix Force, that whole life force thing was just a waste and counter-productive. Also reading the debate over Hope in previous posts was Hilarious. And to set the record straight, Hope was a Marvel abortion that went horribly wrong, her plot and point in the comics was never made clear and the end was lackluster. She is exactly like Scott which is why they never got along. Dont forget she was raised by Cable, son of scott. She is like her "grandfather".

I agree with all this.
#39 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheRealJeanGrey: Well said.

#40 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I Am Fire Made Flesh, Power Reincarnated!!! I Am--Dark Phoenix

#41 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

what retard can ppl be! you are like the tenth person that thinks that they killed the phoenix, they mean no more phoenix for them, no like killing the phoenix ¬¬ jean has the phoenix on the white hot room

#42 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

Couldn't have said it better. Great job. ^_^

#43 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcano_19 said:

what retard can ppl be! you are like the tenth person that thinks that they killed the phoenix, they mean no more phoenix for them, no like killing the phoenix ¬¬ jean has the phoenix on the white hot room

Uhm, who are referring this to?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.