New Costume

#1 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

When/if Jean comes back, what costume are they going to throw her in? Or what new costume design would you like to see her in?
#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see her go back to maybe a white version of this one? signifying yet ANOTHER rebirth.

The Uncanny X-Men #382
#3 Posted by time (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her Morrison look, I would get rid if the X sign on the top, put her her some skirts and dresses as well.  I mean if rogue can pull of this costume, there no reason why can't  Jean be put  into a skirt or dress.

#4 Posted by GREGalicious (476 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be great if JEAN's costume was a cool fusion of her Age of Apocalypse outfit (which i really loved) and her traditional Phoenix outfit. 

#5 Posted by Kimmy (203 posts) - - Show Bio
@time: I actually love the Morrison costume design better than their current one right now lol. 
It looks more realistic and more dark for their world.
#6 Posted by crj25 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the age of apocalypse themed design. I personally think she should be resurrected and it should be revealed that she was depowered by M-Day and her connection with the Phoenix Force permanently severed. She should stay powerless for awhile then gain pyrokinetic abilities so she could at least be useful in battle but not a godlike being who writers fumble around with then decide to kill off because she's an enormous deus ex machina. She should also be more edgy and kinda cynical after coming back and seeing the mutant race in the state they're in and it should be reflected in her costume.

#7 Edited by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@crj25 said:

i like the age of apocalypse themed design. I personally think she should be resurrected and it should be revealed that she was depowered by M-Day and her connection with the Phoenix Force permanently severed. She should stay powerless for awhile then gain pyrokinetic abilities so she could at least be useful in battle but not a godlike being who writers fumble around with then decide to kill off because she's an enormous deus ex machina. She should also be more edgy and kinda cynical after coming back and seeing the mutant race in the state they're in and it should be reflected in her costume.

I'm all good with bye bye birdie, but Jean should still be a psychic 

I really like her X-Men Forever look! 

#8 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kimmy said:
@time: I actually love the Morrison costume design better than their current one right now lol. It looks more realistic and more dark for their world.
IKR!? they had to be the best costumes ever for the X-Men
#9 Posted by Kimmy (203 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
@Kimmy said:
@time: I actually love the Morrison costume design better than their current one right now lol. It looks more realistic and more dark for their world.
IKR!? they had to be the best costumes ever for the X-Men
Love the way you think ;D<3
#10 Posted by HexThis (900 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the 90's costumes (the blue & yellow as well as the red), I think the green Phoenix costume is a little boring and I'm not very fond of green on her. However, I did like the Marvel Girl costume she wore in the 60's. 

I think Jean should have a more stylized costume when she comes back, something that's sophisticated but also with a touch of glamor. I've always liked her X-factor forever costume, I think yellow works for her and I think the haircut with the bare shoulders is the right amount of sex appeal.

#11 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@HexThis said:
I love the 90's costumes (the blue & yellow as well as the red), I think the green Phoenix costume is a little boring and I'm not very fond of green on her. However, I did like the Marvel Girl costume she wore in the 60's. 

I think Jean should have a more stylized costume when she comes back, something that's sophisticated but also with a touch of glamor. I've always liked her X-factor forever costume, I think yellow works for her and I think the haircut with the bare shoulders is the right amount of sex appeal.

I like everything except the weird strap at the bottom of the shirt that ties around her leg. Considering there's not much holding it on her shoulders, how does that stay on walking down the hallway, let alone in a fight?
#12 Posted by HexThis (900 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

I like everything except the weird strap at the bottom of the shirt that ties around her leg. Considering there's not much holding it on her shoulders, how does that stay on walking down the hallway, let alone in a fight? 

She eventually lost the tie around her leg, probably because if she ever did a highkick with her left leg she'd spill out from her top....

But to me, this costume resembles Jean the most to me. I don't know who this illustrator is but it's one of my favorite depictions of Jean. She does have FRIZZY hair or wild, out of control Wynnona Judd hair. She looks confident, somewhat unattainably attractive but graceful and demure in a way too. The best of both worlds. 
#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@HexThis said:
@fodigg said:

She eventually lost the tie around her leg, probably because if she ever did a highkick with her left leg she'd spill out from her top....

But to me, this costume resembles Jean the most to me. I don't know who this illustrator is but it's one of my favorite depictions of Jean. She does have FRIZZY hair or wild, out of control Wynnona Judd hair. She looks confident, somewhat unattainably attractive but graceful and demure in a way too. The best of both worlds. 
They all look pretty good there. Beast has a little to much jazz on his pants for my tastes, but i'm digging it all around. I like Scott's look too, although I prefer his cowl outfits.
#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kimmy: Lol, love the way you think *wink*
#15 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@GREGalicious
That would be very interesting to see... Could be a masterpiece, or a pain on the eyes.
#16 Posted by MrSeaman70 (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they will give her a Red Queen costume or better yet a Black Queen costume so that she can seduce Cyclops away from Emma :) 

Come to think of it, would she even be in a right state of mind after coming back from the dead ? She might have the Bishop time travel syndrome and think she ended up in a wrong reality where Cyke and Magneto are working together.
#17 Posted by Gold Dust Boi (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrSeaman70 said:
Maybe they will give her a Red Queen costume or better yet a Black Queen costume so that she can seduce Cyclops away from Emma :)  Come to think of it, would she even be in a right state of mind after coming back from the dead ? She might have the Bishop time travel syndrome and think she ended up in a wrong reality where Cyke and Magneto are working together.
I could definitely be down for a Black Queen costume.  Maybe when she comes back she's pissed because Cyclops won't go back to her and becomes almost like a Goblin/Black Queen character...not evil though, just kinda angry...
#18 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all... It's definitely not "IF" she comes back... She will...

I'd like to see her with a costume that changes based on her mood or the situation...  That way she's not locked into just one and there are so many possible variations...

#19 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm
I highly doubt any artist would want to go through the pain that would be to create. Plus a chracters costume is a part of their identity, to constantly be changing that would not be beneficial to the character.
#20 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: Well, I didn't mean that it's constantly changing into new forms... I was thinking more of three or four costumes based on her mood or setting...  If she's angry perhaps it would be like the firebird....If she was calm and serene, it could be blue and more relaxed... Know what I mean?
#21 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgeous picture.

<3 Famke

#22 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix costume (with any set of colours) is one of my favourite X-Men costumes ever. I like the design very much, so I wouldn't mind seeing her donning it again. Maybe the white/gold version.

On the other hand, I'm also tired with her character arcs being all about controlling or not controlling the Phoenix Force. I'd really like to see her master the PF after she returns so that the writers could move on the explore other sides of her character. An entirely new costume could help to set the difference between who she was and who she is (after her inevitable rebirth).

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (58031 posts) - - Show Bio

That kind of costume that makes her dead, forever.
BB

#24 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra: If she completely mastered the PF she'd be too powerful to be on a team like the X-Men, she'd be more of a cosmic being than a mutant.

#25 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

The Phoenix costume (with any set of colours) is one of my favourite X-Men costumes ever. I like the design very much, so I wouldn't mind seeing her donning it again. Maybe the white/gold version.

On the other hand, I'm also tired with her character arcs being all about controlling or not controlling the Phoenix Force. I'd really like to see her master the PF after she returns so that the writers could move on the explore other sides of her character. An entirely new costume could help to set the difference between who she was and who she is (after her inevitable rebirth).

I rather her do what rachel used to do and give her a small shared of the pf and thats it. that way she can still wear the phoenix emblem lmao

#26 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks great in the Marvel Girl skirt, but it's not very practical in a fight.

I like the green and gold Phoenix outfit too, but while I was searching, the one on the right caught my eye.

#27 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

Her ultimate X outfit looks good would give her a nice real world feel. especially if they keep the black hair "Karen" is sporting.

#28 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT THE HELL is rogue doing with magneto he could be her grandpa ew ew ew no to mention mystique is her mom and she been with him too GROSS!!

#29 Posted by njones5 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

white phoenix outfit

#30 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

@hexthis said:

@fodigg

said:

Great costume, though I generally prefer the female characters with limited durability to have more neck and face protection.

#31 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

I'd like to see her go back to maybe a white version of this one? signifying yet ANOTHER rebirth.

The Uncanny X-Men #382

I like this costume as well especially when (at that time) she was trying to correct the damage dark phoenix did. I think in uxm385 the last survival of the D'bari star system tried to get revenger on jean and she let him kill her but it was only a illsion to make him think he killed her

#32 Posted by darthphoenix (780 posts) - - Show Bio

new white phoenix costume

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.