Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Nature of the Pheonix Force?

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scarbearer

Ok this is something that's probably been answered somewhere, but I can't find it.  I've always been a little bit confused on exactly what is Jean's relationship with the Phoenix.

Going back to reading the Dark Pheonix Saga so many many years ago, I remember when the Phoenix finally was 'knocked to her senses' by the Logan/Colossus 'reverse Fast-Ball Special' she goes on to explain that she wasn't really Jean, but because she had chosen to absorb the persona of Jean Grey it was Jean's humanity that allowed her to realize how dangerous she was and so she destroyed herself before she destroyed the universe.

Time rolls on.. Jean Grey (I've always assumed the Original) comes back to life. and eventually becomes Phoenix again because apparantly they have some link....

I guess what I'm wondering, is this 'Jean Grey' that's died and come back a few times now is it really the original Jean Grey? Or has the 'real' Jean been dead since the first time she died and every time she's come back it's just the Pheonix resurrecting itself in her form?  Like I said I'm sure this has been explained somewhere by someone one, or in some issues, but I've never actually found it myself.  Just curious!

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Shadow_Thief

I'm no expert on the history of the Phoenix Force, but I do believe (I don't have any issues to reference, sorry) that it has been established that Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force are now one and the same. I don't know if this applies to all her prior resurrections, but it would mean that, should she appear again, she would be fully both.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EmmaGrace

It was stated in Phoenix: Endsong that Jean and the Phoenix were the same. Although there has not been any further explaination or mention of it, that would appear to be a correct assumption for everything that's happened between them.
    Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scarbearer

Groovy, thanks! So basically we know that Jean and Phoenix are one and the same, but there are questions that are as of yet unanswered and they're probably saving for future story lines?

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EmmaGrace

Most likely. They are both curently in the White Hot Room (PF base of operations) finding the various parts of Phoenix that are scattered across the universe. I'm sure at some point or another whether Jean come back to earth 616 or stays in the WHR it will all be explained.
    Kimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kimmy

The Jean that died from Xorn is the real Jean. The one that died in Dark Phoenix Saga was a sort of clone in a sense like Maddie was. But since Jean was the strongest host to wield the force, it's made a link between the two the point where they are one of the same now and it's the closest thing to a host, thats why when the Shiar attempted to kill it at it's premature state in Endsong, the entity seek out Jean instead of the other host it previously possessed. Hope that explains your question? ;/

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Kimmy
    Okay what I've always wondered is that if Jean and PF are really one in the same, in a sense that was her in Dark Phoenix Saga right?
    Kimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kimmy
    @EmmaGrace said:
    @Kimmy: Okay what I've always wondered is that if Jean and PF are really one in the same, in a sense that was her in Dark Phoenix Saga right?
    sadly no D; it was but it was recon so no
    arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arcano_19

ok one thing to mention it that the very fisrt dead of jean was under the hands of xorn    she hasent actually being  killed many times as everyone says

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.