My Jean Grey strike, who would join me.

• 85 results
#1 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

I decided to go on strike for jean grey. The comic i decided to  stop picking up is uncanny x-men.Lets looks at the other comics.  Uncanny  X-Force is not great. X-men legacy is not great. Astonishing x-men is alright. The only title that  I am enjoying is  
X-23. Anyone crazy enough to join me. As a petition for Jean return. 

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Jean needs to stay dead for a whileee longer. Love her to death (no pun intended), but the revolving door of death bit is getting really old.

#3 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Nope. Jean needs to stay dead for a whileee longer.

BLASPHEMY!

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm "Hi. My name is Jean Grey."

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"Oh, that was last week. I'm back now!"

A month later.

"Hey, is Jean here?"

"No, she's dead."
#5 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" "Hey, is Jean here?" "No, she's dead." "
Try again next week, but guess what? She might be evil this time! :p
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise Yes! Win!
#7 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Son Of Storm "Hi. My name is Jean Grey." "Aren't you supposed to be dead?" "Oh, that was last week. I'm back now!" A month later. "Hey, is Jean here?" "No, she's dead." "
 I just miss her. Even if she was alive for a month. I'd be happy.
#8 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" "Hey, is Jean here?" "No, she's dead." "
Try again next week, but guess what? She might be evil this time! :p "

@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Son Of Storm "Hi. My name is Jean Grey." "Aren't you supposed to be dead?" "Oh, that was last week. I'm back now!" A month later. "Hey, is Jean here?" "No, she's dead." "
@Son Of Storm said:
" Nope. Jean needs to stay dead for a whileee longer.

BLASPHEMY!

"
who is  your favorite character. Any of you actually enjoying Uncanny X-Men? 
#9 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
@time: nope, not enjoying Uncanny and i've currently dropped it. But that's simply because i find the combination of Land and Fraction to be unbearable.
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@time X-23, Emma and Hope are some of my favorites. Unanny is meh. Hopefully it will be better now that Fractions only co-writing.

@Son Of Storm And then she'd die and you'd be sad.
#11 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@time 
Favorite in Uncanny Emma and Storm.

LMAO. I haven't enjoyed Uncanny since Fraction took over.
#12 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress

@Son Of Storm And then she'd die and you'd be sad. "
Not really.
#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm V_V
#14 Edited by War Killer (19983 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma's cooler :P

#15 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind if Jean Grey comes back, just so long as they don't try to break up Scott and Emma.

#16 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"  Emma's cooler :P "
Agreed.
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Son Of Storm V_V "

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm FIRE KITTY!
#18 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Son Of Storm FIRE KITTY! "
Lol.
#19 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:
" I don't mind if Jean Grey comes back, just so long as they don't try to break up Scott and Emma. "
I doubt that would happen.
#20 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope Jean never comes back. if she came came back that wouldn't fix the X slump comics have been in, we need new writers on the X series.

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula I don't know about NEVER coming back, but I agree with the rest of what you said.
#22 Edited by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

" i hope Jean never comes back. if she came came back that wouldn't fix the X slump comics have been in, we need new writers on the X series. "

Quoted for complete and utter truth!!
#23 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" iwe need new writers on the X series. "
All of them?
#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Hope pretty much Jean Grey(power set, hair color, alignment, guilt tripping Cyclops, an annoying plot device etc) but younger and likely to go under Wolverine's wing like all young female  X-men do?

#25 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Caligula I don't know about NEVER coming back, but I agree with the rest of what you said. "
if a character is killed they should stay dead forever. I'm a huge Batman fan, but when they "Killed" (and i use that word loosely) Bruce. I said and i quote "I don't like the choice, but he needs to stay dead". My number one pet peeve in comics is Death for pointless reasons other than sales spikes. If you kill a character they need to stay that way. I didn't mind Batman passing the torch to Dick. I hate when characters die and come back, it happens so often there is little impact to the series. (and btw Batman is my favorite hero, so i'm not being biased here).
#26 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Caligula said:
All of them? "
I was mainly thinking of Fraction. but, why not give a the series a fresh chance with some new blood.
#27 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Caligula said:
All of them? "
I was mainly thinking of Fraction. but, why not give a the series a fresh chance with some new blood. "
I mostly think Fraction needs to go. The others do pretty well IMO.  
Don't fix it if it isn't broken thing pops into my head.
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

" @Son Of Storm said:

" @Caligula said:
All of them? "
I was mainly thinking of Fraction. but, why not give a the series a fresh chance with some new blood. "
Carey and David are doing just fine. Can't speak for whoever's writing Uncanny X-Force as I haven't read it yet.  

if a character is killed they should stay dead forever. I'm a huge Batman fan, but when they "Killed" (and i use that word loosely) Bruce. I said and i quote "I don't like the choice, but he needs to stay dead". My number one pet peeve in comics is Death for pointless reasons other than sales spikes. If you kill a character they need to stay that way. I didn't mind Batman passing the torch to Dick. I hate when characters die and come back, it happens so often there is little impact to the series. (and btw Batman is my favorite hero, so i'm not being biased here).    

It's kind of Jean's shtick at this point. But I do agree, when a character dies (especially if it's for a cause IE Colossus), then the should stay dead. It cheapens the death and the cause by bringing them back. 
#29 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: Well different strokes for different folks. I have not really been excited for the X-Men since Whedon.
#30 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Caligula said:

" @Son Of Storm said:

" @Caligula said:
All of them? "
Carey and David are doing just fine. Can't speak for whoever's writing Uncanny X-Force as I haven't read it yet.  

And you're online because..........................?
#31 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: like i said above, I haven't really enjoyed anything since Whedon.
#32 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula
I liked his run.
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" Isn't Hope pretty much Jean Grey(power set, hair color, alignment, guilt tripping Cyclops, an annoying plot device etc) but younger and likely to go under Wolverine's wing like all young female  X-men do? "
No.  

@Caligula: Whedon was EPIC. His run and Morrison's were some of the best stories that I've ever read.  

@Son Of Storm: Haven't been to the comic shop in a whileee. Hopefully I'll be getting there on Saturday. 
#34 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Caligula
I liked his run. "
yeah me too. that's what im saying is that his run was the last one of the good ones for me. not that these other writers haven't had there moments, but for me it's more down than up for them.
#35 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: agreed. I would like to see him return.
#36 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" Isn't Hope pretty much Jean Grey(power set, hair color, alignment, guilt tripping Cyclops, an annoying plot device etc) but younger and likely to go under Wolverine's wing like all young female  X-men do? "
No.  She's just a big letdown. She's running around like she's some normal person. What a lame character.

@Son Of Storm: Haven't been to the comic shop in a whileee. Hopefully I'll be getting there on Saturday.  "
FIXED!

Then you should be crying in a corner.
#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: Don't make me whip out my scans of her slapping Cyclops. She is an awesome character and you should shoot yourself for thinking otherwise.  

You can shut up now. 
#38 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Son Of Storm: Don't make me whip out my scans of her slapping Cyclops. She is an awesome character and you should shoot yourself for thinking otherwise.   You can shut up now.  "
Oh my Goddess! She slapped Cyclops.............She will forever ROCK THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! 
As of now. She's LAME! ..........Sorry I'll just come back.

For a sapien...NEVER!
#39 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Son Of Storm: Don't make me whip out my scans of her slapping Cyclops. She is an awesome character and you should shoot yourself for thinking otherwise.   You can shut up now.  "
Oh my Goddess! She slapped Cyclops.............She will forever ROCK THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! 
As of now. She's LAME! ..........Sorry I'll just come back.

For a sapien...NEVER!
"
Stupid immortality >.< 

Oh hush! You know you love me. Pouts. 
#40 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress 
It's a gift...actually several gifts...

I love you as much as any demi god can love his pet.
#41 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Jean, It would be awful to have her come back now. She made cameos occasionally during Fractions run (Emma's Dream) and that's enough. As long as they don't forget her I'm okay with her being dead.
#42 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @The Dark Huntress: agreed. I would like to see him return. "
Me too!!!!! 

@Son Of Storm: I can haz some? 

Storms off. (Pun intended)
#43 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Caligula said:
" @The Dark Huntress: agreed. I would like to see him return. "
Me too!!!!! 

@Son Of Storm: I can haz some? 

Storms off. (Pun intended) "
Sorry. I don't share.

I Hope you don't get too angry.
:P
#44 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean's a very dull character who had one decent story (two if you count New X-Men, though it should never have come to that since she shouldn't have been brought back in the first place). She's a God Mode Mary Sue and I can't stand her. 

However, compared to my sister, my dislike for Jean is negligible. My sis wont play MUA2 because Jean is in it lol

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: Meanie!  

LMFAO. Well played! 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Jean's a very dull character who had one decent story (two if you count New X-Men, though it should never have come to that since she shouldn't have been brought back in the first place). She's a God Mode Mary Sue and I can't stand her.   However, compared to my sister, my dislike for Jean is negligible. My sis wont play MUA2 because Jean is in it lol "
I like Jean. 
#46 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Son Of Storm: Meanie!  

LMFAO. Well played! 

Frost. DOMINATE.

I know.
#47 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the thing with Jean.  The over use of the 'coming back to life' shtick is part of the reason the X-books tend to suck so much. IMO.  Marvel has kind of trained the X-writers to rely on gimmicks like that instead of writing good, solid stories.

#48 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" Jean's a very dull character who had one decent story (two if you count New X-Men, though it should never have come to that since she shouldn't have been brought back in the first place). She's a God Mode Mary Sue and I can't stand her.   However, compared to my sister, my dislike for Jean is negligible. My sis wont play MUA2 because Jean is in it lol "
I like Jean.  "
Yeah, I know, and it hurt me to post that (because I knew it wouldn't sit well with you), but she just annoys the heck out of me.
#49 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin Agree with that.

@Son Of Storm Love you too. ;)
#50 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

What if she came back as a..,. DUH DUNH DUUUUUUUNHHHHH GUY??:?!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.