just how powerful jean is compared to any other

• 83 results
#1 Posted by VtwinsV (25 posts) - - Show Bio
i agree, jean is the best, and your wrong jan is stronger than rachel & prettier inside and out, thats the reason why the phoenix force is obsessed with her cause she is the most powerful not rachel duh! look it up in different sites jean is the most powerful! with telepathic powers, telekinesis, and cosmic powers. with her telepathic ability she can do anything any psychic can do, read minds, brainwash, mind control, create realistic illusions, possess you or a mutant and use thier powers, hypnosis, create psionic-based constructs(which with her telekinesis can do both mental and physical damage, precognition, post cognition, control your bodily functions ( through this she can jumpstart your abilities and even your mutant abilities, she can let the mind heal the body, and even disable you of your senses, ability to walk, or even your mutant ability) ,she can play mind games in your head, can form her astral form to phase through physical objects and can attack you mentally or if combined with her telekinesis attack you physically like a ghost, Turn your emotions against you, especially inducing great fear on you. and her psychic power when she switched powers with psylocke and lost her telekinesis for a while, her psychic powers were honed to the sharpest edge, meaning they could damage the physical world (how awesome is that!!!) , she can percieve things like hidden information that not a normal human can, as the saying goes the mind infuences the physical world maybe for jean her psychic powers are deadly alright. rachel is just a sick copier who thinks she is better than her mom but really jean can defeat her anytime again and again and again! what? you know i'm right!!!! 
#2 Posted by jeangreydonnatroy (65 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i think no one can beat her specially when shes dark phoenix!!

but the phoenix is obsessed with jean because jean and scott loves each other

she likes scott too and that when shes in jeans body

she is close to cyclops

the phoenix force feeds on stars

cyclops power is like an energy beam

this is explained in the PHOENIX ENDSONG

but i think rachel is powerful too when she posses the power of phoenix but not powerful than her mother

I WANT TO SEE THE PHOENIX FORCE AND THE FIRST FALLEN FIGHT

#3 Posted by Captain Planet (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Pheonix is lame and Jean is a second rate character

#4 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
"
@Captain Planet said:
"Pheonix is lame and Jean is a second rate character"
this coming from Captain Planet LMAO "
jean gets beat by
specte,LT,lucifer morning star, the arc angel, great evil beast, precon beyonder, divine spawn, thanos with IG, thanos with HOTU, and many many others. as a person jean is just meh, the force is VERY overated imo since people think that it takes on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.
#5 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeangreydonnatroy: phoenix is not the only one obsessed! What's up with writting... 

Like This

#6 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
"
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
"
@Captain Planet said:
jean gets beat by specte,LT,lucifer morning star, the arc angel, great evil beast, precon beyonder, divine spawn, thanos with IG, thanos with HOTU, and many many others. as a person jean is just meh, the force is VERY overated imo since people think that it takes on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING."
as you said your opinion which is unfounded, since each and every being you have named is a being that is below the power of TOAA (prime life force) of which Phoenix is a manifestation of.  Without sentience Phoenix is the power behind the big bang, the power of the big bang is the energy that powers everything in the universe (even the gems).  Fact LT is an agent of the very force that Phoenix represents when it manifest both of them Judge worlds etc,,, for very different reasons yet other than being a judge (that does not have to answer to it's other faces before it can make a judgment) the Phoenix is also the nexus of all psi energy in existence, the spark of the big bang which births reality as well as the fire that sustains reality (sustanance of the stars) and is the inferno that will consume everything at the end, the heart of the Phoenix is the white hot room which is the nexus of all realities that if accessed wrong by way of the M'Kraan cyrstal will destroy the multiverse by absorbing it all into the white hot room, or by sending out a nullification wave that cause the universe to blink in and out of existence until it has covered it all, his three faces have all given the Phoenix Force tremendous props (Eternity needed to appeal to Jean Grey so that she would not use the Phoenix Force for the Strangers plan to destroy and replace all abstracts LT included, Death has told the Phoenix that the very structures of life (Eternity/Infinity) and death (Death) are her toys made for her to craft her chaos within {the universe} and without {beyond the universe}, Death also told Phoenix that it had no claim over the Force unless she willingly embraced Death, Galactus has been humbled by the Phoenix twice and admitted her power) Lucifer  unless be can access the demiurge in Michael, he cannot create something out of nothing, yet the Phoenix can create a big bang out of the void.  pre-retcon Beyonder is nothing more than a sentient universe from outside the marvel multiverse, but still exists as a part of the marvel omniverse and thus is subject to TOAA therefore subject to the Phoenix, if the Crown (TOAA) dictates as much, Divine Spawn is not on par with most because he is only more powerful than two beings that are not all powerful to begin with.  The HOTU is TOAA, Thanos with the HOTU is under the direction of TOAA, the Phoenix is a manifestation of TOAA therefore TOAA will not kill a piece of itself as remvoing the Phoenix will remove the prime life force from reality, you seem to think because Thanos can stomp the abstracts that he can stomp Phoenix, flawed logic, Phoenix is not an abstract and is beyond them all, not to mention they are all dependent oh her for their continued existence. "
jean is not on par with TOAA and is not stronger then the people i listed.
#7 Posted by Captain Planet (133 posts) - - Show Bio
"
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
"
@Captain Planet said:
jean gets beat by specte,LT,lucifer morning star, the arc angel, great evil beast, precon beyonder, divine spawn, thanos with IG, thanos with HOTU, and many many others. as a person jean is just meh, the force is VERY overated imo since people think that it takes on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING."
as you said your opinion which is unfounded, since each and every being you have named is a being that is below the power of TOAA (prime life force) of which Phoenix is a manifestation of.  Without sentience Phoenix is the power behind the big bang, the power of the big bang is the energy that powers everything in the universe (even the gems).  Fact LT is an agent of the very force that Phoenix represents when it manifest both of them Judge worlds etc,,, for very different reasons yet other than being a judge (that does not have to answer to it's other faces before it can make a judgment) the Phoenix is also the nexus of all psi energy in existence, the spark of the big bang which births reality as well as the fire that sustains reality (sustanance of the stars) and is the inferno that will consume everything at the end, the heart of the Phoenix is the white hot room which is the nexus of all realities that if accessed wrong by way of the M'Kraan cyrstal will destroy the multiverse by absorbing it all into the white hot room, or by sending out a nullification wave that cause the universe to blink in and out of existence until it has covered it all, his three faces have all given the Phoenix Force tremendous props (Eternity needed to appeal to Jean Grey so that she would not use the Phoenix Force for the Strangers plan to destroy and replace all abstracts LT included, Death has told the Phoenix that the very structures of life (Eternity/Infinity) and death (Death) are her toys made for her to craft her chaos within {the universe} and without {beyond the universe}, Death also told Phoenix that it had no claim over the Force unless she willingly embraced Death, Galactus has been humbled by the Phoenix twice and admitted her power) Lucifer  unless be can access the demiurge in Michael, he cannot create something out of nothing, yet the Phoenix can create a big bang out of the void.  pre-retcon Beyonder is nothing more than a sentient universe from outside the marvel multiverse, but still exists as a part of the marvel omniverse and thus is subject to TOAA therefore subject to the Phoenix, if the Crown (TOAA) dictates as much, Divine Spawn is not on par with most because he is only more powerful than two beings that are not all powerful to begin with.  The HOTU is TOAA, Thanos with the HOTU is under the direction of TOAA, the Phoenix is a manifestation of TOAA therefore TOAA will not kill a piece of itself as remvoing the Phoenix will remove the prime life force from reality, you seem to think because Thanos can stomp the abstracts that he can stomp Phoenix, flawed logic, Phoenix is not an abstract and is beyond them all, not to mention they are all dependent oh her for their continued existence. "
what am i suppose to read all this
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
"
@Captain Planet said:
Right..which should tell you exactly how lame Jean is.
#9 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain Planet said:
"
"
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
"
@Captain Planet said:
what am i suppose to read all this "
i just skipped to the part where he said that jean is a manifestation of the TOAA, after that i knew the rest was just blah blah blah blah.
#10 Posted by PeppRmintBUDy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix isnt just obsessed with Jean, it IS Jean now...Theyre 2 halves of the same whole (Jean the BODY, Phoenix the SOUL)...thats Jean's second mutation. She's the White Phoenix of the Crown and can manipulate anything she can think about. The limitations however are that the Body and Soul must be whole for full power and they rarely are...but even so she's still at about 60% most of the time i'd say so she still outclasses most in power and even if she's killed, the Soul will eventually create a new body (Jean) for itself.

#11 Posted by UncannyX (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Jean the only official Omega Level Mutant? And all others stand as Alpha-Omega? I'm not sure where I learned of this...I think someone else from on here stated this. =/

#12 Posted by fightfan7 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

storm owns

#13 Posted by SUNMAN (6924 posts) - - Show Bio
UncannyX said:
Isn't Jean the only official Omega Level Mutant? And all others stand as Alpha-Omega? I'm not sure where I learned ... [more]
this is not true

all the omega level mutants off the top of my head I can think of are:   Elixir, Jean Grey, Quentin Quire, Vulcan, Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Iceman, Mister Immortal & Mister M

Also it should be noted that omega level is not necessarily a rank for how physically strong or powerful someone is
#14 Posted by Captain Planet (133 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said: " @Captain Planet said: "Pheonix is lame and Jean is a second rate character"this ... [more]
LOL!!!!!!!
#15 Posted by PhoenixStorm (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Immortal is not omega-level. He's Homo Supreme its a whole new species.
and Jean is awesome and possibly the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe so don't knock her.

#16 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
PhoenixStorm said:
Mr. Immortal is not omega-level. He's Homo Supreme its a whole new species.and Jean is awesome and possibly the most ... [more]
Your avatar says it all..

Shoosh go away
#17 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Jean is not lame okay. Sure there are character she can't defeat,but that doesn't make her lame.
I mean she is one of  the orginal X-Men plus her powers are stronger than Professer Xaivor's.When she is the Pheonix , she could show her full power and she is very powerful. You should also remember that  she has faced many powerful foes. So don't call her lame.
#18 Posted by jeangreydonnatroy (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin:  its my first time writing with my screen damage so i guess i pressed the options
#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

so who is rachel

#20 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
jeangreydonnatroy said:
@Calvin:  its my first time writing with my screen damage so i guess i pressed the options [more]
Well if that's the case, you did a good job =D
#21 Posted by Redletter (1537 posts) - - Show Bio
@VtwinsV:  LEGION Charles Xavier son has beaten jean Grey even at full power, course he's dead now killed by Bishop,   does any body else think that is weird

#22 Edited by VtwinsV (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Yah but your forgetting something, her ressurection power makes her much more powerful than that legion guy whatever. what matters is shes alive and he is dead ! 

#23 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix is the most overrated character period

I like JEAN not the phoenix

#24 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio
VtwinsV said:
Yah but your forgetting something, her ressurection power makes her much more powerful than that legion guy whatever. what matters ... [more]

wait. i thought that jean was dead. and how would being resurrected give you more power
#25 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey is still awesome IMO

#26 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Im betting hyperstrom could wipe her out

#27 Posted by Fleonix (169 posts) - - Show Bio

The reality is that Jean Grey is and will be one of Marvel's best heroes, founding X-Men, Kick Ass Body, and a woman not to be messed with.  But then someone decided to make her even better and gave her the Phoenix form, and it was a really nice addition.

But then everyone started over using the whole phoenix thing..... and her good story line just turn messy.......... but the reality is that I would not change my Omega, super mutant, holder of the Phoenix Force, Hot, and interesting, Jean Grey the Phoenix for nothing......

There are those who disagree and there's those that love her <3

#28 Posted by Stormultt (5308 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fleonix:
i agree she is exactly phoenix itself and very beautiful XD
#29 Edited by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

Stryfe defeated Jean Grey in the X-Cutioner's Song. Dark Phoenix is not a mutant.      %Pr

#30 Posted by VtwinsV (25 posts) - - Show Bio
jean is the best
#31 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeangreydonnatroy: Dark Phoenix might be able to defeat Onslaught. Hyperstorm can defeat Dark Phoenix though.                          %Pr
#32 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne:
YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAII ON EVERYTHING DONT YUU HUNN??
#33 Posted by proteusaskanison (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... in power placement.. id think its pretty straight forward...

Jean as dark phoenix was second only to TOAA, THEREFORE equal to the living tribunal.

But as the White Phoenix Of The Crown, and having fully merged with the phoenix, she became more powerful than her Red and Gold incarnation...

Also it was the phoenix that saved the universe from damnination, saved galan and helped him become galactus...

shes the summ of all energy that was, is, and ever will be....

IMO

1. The One Above All

2. The Living Tribunal

3. The White Phoenix Of the Crown

ALSO

the only reason i believe TLT is more powerful is because he has more authority in the MU as TOAA's representative... 
ALSO

Jean has been stated to be the one mutant with perfect genetic makeup that make her MUTANT ALPHA... (see AOA)

#34 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@proteusaskanison: Hyperstorm can defeat Dark Phoenix. Beyonder and Molecule Man can defeat White Phoenix. Is Dark Phoenix considered a mutant?
#35 Edited by proteusaskanison (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:

" @proteusaskanison: Hyperstorm can defeat Dark Phoenix. Beyonder and Molecule Man can defeat White Phoenix. Is Dark Phoenix considered a mutant? "

According to what? 
plz explain... 

ur older post says that hyperstorm can defeat dark phoenix... 
EVEN IF THAT WAS SO 

he wouldnt be able to defeat WPOTC 

*EDIT* 
Beyonder is trapped in some sort of motal shellll...  and whateva molecule man can do, Jean can do... check HCT and Planet X
#36 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperstorm is the son of Rachel Summers and Franklin Richards. This means his power is more than both of his parents' powers combined (an unwritten rule at Marvel is that the offspring must always be stronger than the parents). Plus, Hyperstorm's power has been described as Phoenix + Onslaught, and he draws his power directly from the infinite power source called hyperspace, which is superior to the cosmic energies that the phoenix uses.                           %Pr
#37 Posted by proteusaskanison (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" Hyperstorm is the son of Rachel Summers and Franklin Richards. This means his power is more than both of his parents' powers combined (an unwritten rule at Marvel is that the offspring must always be stronger than the parents). Plus, Hyperstorm's power has been described as Phoenix + Onslaught, and he draws his power directly from the infinite power source called hyperspace, which is superior to the cosmic energies that the phoenix uses.                           %Pr "
Described not defined? 
isnt that correct...  

and about this unwritten rule?      Rachel doesnt seem more powerful than her mother... nor does cable... or Ruby... wiccan... speed... genesis... 

last we saw Hyperstorm... he was defeated by reed... 
and till now... the only person known to kill Dark Phoenix was... Dark Phoenix 

but ur entitled to ur opinion... and i respect that... 

but i believe... according to what has (or hasnt) been given... 
till now, jean is more powerful than hyperstorm
#38 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@proteusaskanison: Defeated by Reed?            %Pr
#39 Posted by Inthedark (81 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fleonix said:
"The reality is that Jean Grey is and will be one of Marvel's best heroes, founding X-Men, Kick Ass Body, and a woman not to be messed with.  But then someone decided to make her even better and gave her the Phoenix form, and it was a really nice addition.

But then everyone started over using the whole phoenix thing..... and her good story line just turn messy.......... but the reality is that I would not change my Omega, super mutant, holder of the Phoenix Force, Hot, and interesting, Jean Grey the Phoenix for nothing......

There are those who disagree and there's those that love her <3

"

Amen  

It would be nice to see jean back but only if the story is well thought out and can work for all her fans and detractors.

#40 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeangreydonnatroy:
well for a min. the phoenix wanted emma frost even thow emma frost couldnt controle it and onlii was a shell to the phoenix and almost got taken over but the phoenix wanted emma frost because she felt when she entered emma frost body that scott loved emma and not jean and the phoenix mentioned that to jean when jean ripped the phoenix out of emma's body
#41 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
alright but couldnt the phoenix have left if it wanted to it wasnt made to stay in emma's body it stayed because it knew that scott loved emma and thats when ms.goody goody came from the ground which i must say should have stayed and ripped the phoenix from emma ;) checkmate
#42 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio

hahah hunn like i said the phoenix knew that scott loves emma and emma loves scott jean is nothing comapred to her and yu know the truth there is no reason to put you to shame

#43 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
because we both know the trust and i havent read anything yuu wrote lmao so all that was for nothing i grow tired of you as well illr est easy know emma is better then jean and you toss and turn at night knowing what i say is true ;)
#44 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily:
If you'vre read nothing she's talked about, then your not a real Emma Frost fan. A true fan would know her history, and those times Jean Grey saved her (particularly the time her diamond form was shattered and the time Phoenix was removed from her body) are integral to the character's story.  
#45 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool :
i've read everything comic with emma frost in it i have my room decerated in emma frost dont tell me that i am not a true fan i own every emma frost model i can get my hands on so how about you talk about something that yuu know ;)
#46 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily:
If you've read every comic with Emma Frost (and if you have, good for you) then you should know what Phoenix of the Black Throne was talking about.  

Did you read the storyline where Esme Cuckoo betrayed Emma Frost? That was when Emma's diamond form was shattered. That was when Jean put the pieces back together and saved Emma.  

And I believe the series is called "Here Comes Tomorrow" or something like that, where it shows an apocolyptic future because Scott Summers had decided not to stay with Emma and run the school. Jean reached back and encouraged Scott to change his mind and be with Emma Frost. The future depended on his choice.  

Jean Grey wants Scott to be with Emma. She wants him to be happy. Truth of the matter is, Jean and Emma have had heavy influences on each other's lives. Neither would be where they are now if not for the other.  
#47 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool :
alright i know all that but the point is im tired of everyone throwing that jean is so much better then emma...jeans has the phoenix force ok who cares...and i will be honest i loved jean alot i played all x-men games using her as my charater but i mean ser. people got out of whack with her charater with the phoenix force and all this non sence i started to dislike her
#48 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily:
I understand that. I love Emma and Jean, it's just I hate when people use one character to bash the other.  Both fanbases are guilty of that.

It's not the characters, it's the fans! Lol
#49 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool :
most lilkley i mean it may seem that i hate jean its just i mean people worship her because shes the phoenix thats why i decided to move over to emma  
and whats the deal with everyone saying deadppol is powerful then jean :D
#50 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

other than the two true Gods from marvel and dc, there are several others that can defeat her.

1). Lucifer Morningstar
2). Michael Demiurge
3) anti-monitor at full power ( maybe )
4). Beyonder'
5). Molecule Man
6) Ellane Beloc

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.