Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Jean Grey's Fates

ZaberCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By ZaberCat

Jean Grey died in the universe 616 as she possibly merged with the Phoenix or the Phoenix just killed Jean Grey while it kept her because it needed her powers. Phoenix should have chosen the Mister Quire, an omega mutant, too. I wonder why the Phoenix rather keep Jean Grey. 

Jean Grey died in the AoA, period. Jean Grey died in the Day of the Past Present timeline. 

I paused my thoughts. The Phoenix can control timeline in which Jean Grey took advantage of it when she might able to save herself on the long journey back to right timeline.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Mister Quire? You mean Mister M or Quentin Quire. Anyway anyone is a better choice than Jean. 

Also AoA Jean is alive and appearing in Uncanny X-Force.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

I don't think the Phoenix Force is pan-multiverse. There are different Phoenix Forces in different universes.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @fodigg: How so?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @fodigg
    I don't think the Phoenix Force is pan-multiverse. There are different Phoenix Forces in different universes.
    616 PF has been shown effecting other universes. So yes, it is multiversal.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @fodigg
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By fodigg

So are all PFs in all universes multiversal? Because we've seen them in different incarnations in books like Exiles and even seen universes where they were killed by more powerful entities, such as the "New Sun" version of Gambit.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @fodigg
    Effecting other universes? By that definition Cable or Bishop would also be multiversal.
    There generally exists a separate Phoenix Force in each reality.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Not all Phoenix Forces are created equal. You also have to take into account that power levels tend to be changed up for alt universe stuff.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @fesak
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @fodigg
    Effecting other universes? By that definition Cable or Bishop would also be multiversal.
    Let me rephrase. 616 PF has straight up changed events in other universes. And not by roundabout means like changing a key event which snowballs and changes the course of the world Exiles style. I'm talking about the WPotC feat during Here Comes Tomorrow.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @fesak
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @fodigg
    Let me rephrase. 616 PF has straight up changed events in other universes. And not by roundabout means like changing a key event which snowballs and changes the course of the world Exiles style. I'm talking about the WPotC feat during Here Comes Tomorrow.
    Been a while since i read it, but was there indication in that story that it was 616 PF and not Earth-15104's Phoenix Force.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_

@fesak said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
    @fesak
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @fodigg
    Been a while since i read it, but was there indication in that story that it was 616 PF and not Earth-15104's Phoenix Force.

Exactly. It was 616 doing the work in the 15104 universe, which makes it multiversal.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@fesak said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
    @fesak
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @fodigg

Exactly. It was 616 doing the work in the 15104 universe, which makes it multiversal.

How do you know that? Why assume it is 616 PF and not 15104 PF?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Kairan1979
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By GREGalicious
    @Zabre
    JEAN is the living embodiment of the PHOENIX FORCE (two halves of the same whole) and that fits her perfectly since she seems to be one of the more normal and level-headed people in the X-Men (aside from her power issues). DEATH itself told her that it was her destiny to become the Phoenix, the force is hers by right, that her spirit was most closely carved from the Force, and that it would come to her children on day. Death also told her that she and the Phoenix reached out for ONE ANOTHER.
    She returned in X-MEN PHOENIX: ENDSONG and told the Force, "I AM YOU. DONT YOU REMEMBER?", before removing it from EMMA's body, and later left to gather the Phoenix fragments in the WHITE HOT ROOM so technically, she is still alive now.  
    Jean was also revealed to be the WHITE PHOENIX OF THE CROWN, and as such seemed to be able to control and repair whole timelines. 
    I think AGE OF APOCALYPSE Jean is still alive as well.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_

@Kairan1979:

If that's from UXF-11, then it's more than likely AoA Jean. Since when has Jean ever had short hair in 616, or Mags (assuming that's him) been in a wheelchair with Dumbledore hair?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator

Yeah thats.. what DH said. (confirming)  

As for thread. There is narrative in story and creative control. One dictates the other. I'll give psychic cookies to those who guess right. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.