Jean Grey, X-Men

Posted by unicorn84 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

SHOULD JEAN GREY RETURN TO THE X-MEN, SHE IS TOO POWERFUL  TO SENSIBLY COEXIST ON A TEAM. IMAGINE GALACTUS JOINING THE FANTASTIC 4.

#1 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
@unicorn84: you should try to not keep caps lock on the whole time lol
#2 Posted by unicorn84 (64 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx:
lol
#3 Posted by Edamame (28151 posts) - - Show Bio
@unicorn84: lmao
#4 Posted by unicorn84 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, for real real guys. Please give some input. Could someone as powerful as Jean rejoin the x-Men. and with this whole Hope Summers storyline coming up, how can she factor in as an useful asset with such power and basically shouldnt the focus be on Rachel Summers. The whole concept is becoming redundant.

#5 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio
@unicorn84: coolness. very nice portrayal! haha
#6 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio
@unicorn84: totally. with her powers, jean totally takes the spotlight
#7 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should trim her powers down a little :/ I like Jean, but she is/was getting too powerful 
I'd like her to return without her getting the Phoenix Force like always and they should focus more on her mutant abilities and not her phoenix ones.

#8 Posted by MJohnson (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Jean come back but I want her to GROW more than stay linear (meaning she just kept getting powerful, gaining new methods of the Phoenix, staying within the confines of the typical which she has been given). IMO, she was getting and was stagnant.

I thought it was really sad that a classic like Jean was put down but it would be nice to see her at her worst; if she came back how Buffy did in the tv show - confused, rethinking her life, vulnerable to her own devices rather than jump right back in and want to continue as if NOTHING had happened and IS OK with that. I would like her to come back as an empowered female who doesn't rely SO much on her past decisions. I just want her, for once to not be the Phoenix Jean, but to become JEAN the telepath, the telekinetic, host of the Phoenix who is no longer married, who has to deal with a new era, who has to deal with how her friends, her ex husband, ex lovers would feel, the rejection, the fear, etc-I think in the end, Jean can become so much more than the cards that she has been dealt just like Emma or Kitty did.

To me personally she could be on the same level as Wonder Woman but she is left confined within her shell as the lover of Scott Summers, the peak of interest of Wolverine, the Phoenix force and it's time for her to evolve just like other characters have. 

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
"  I think they should trim her powers down a little :/ I like Jean, but she is/was getting too powerful I'd like her to return without her getting the Phoenix Force like always and they should focus more on her mutant abilities and not her phoenix ones. "
This. 100000000 times this. Cherry Bomb has hit the nail on the head so hard it went through the piece of wood and pierced the space time continuum. 

Jean needs a power loss, most to all Omega Level mutants do, stories aren't fun when the heroes and villains can restrucutre reality on a whim.
#10 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Awwh thank you so much! :D   

and I completely agree with you too, overpowered mutants or any overpowered characters aren't fun ... which is probably why Jean is always killed off since there's basically nothing left to do with her. So whatever they do, they just need to tone Jeans powers down and make it more like the older days. (:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.