Jean Grey power

#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

I read on the internet that jean "can communicate with animals, which few telepaths can do" is this true??? i know squirrel girl can conmunicate with squirrels so who knows......

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't put it past her.

#3 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't think animals thoughts came out in english. Im sure she could try and read a dogs mind but all she would hear would be 'bark bark bark'. maybe she can read their moods? On a side note i always imagined telepaths would be good with babies. like how mothers always wish they could know exactly what they're screaming baby needed to make them stop crying. Telepaths could probably just sense in their babies heads if they needed a nappy change, food or if they're just uncomfortable in their high chair haha.

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

She's communicated with far more sophisticated beings, so it's safe to assume that she can.

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

She's communicated with far more sophisticated beings, so it's safe to assume that she can.

yes sometimes the phoenix force spoke to her (in all new x-men 129) and she also said if she gets to close (to the phoenix force) it replaces her

#6 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerealKiller said:

I wouldn't think animals thoughts came out in english. Im sure she could try and read a dogs mind but all she would hear would be 'bark bark bark'. maybe she can read their moods? On a side note i always imagined telepaths would be good with babies. like how mothers always wish they could know exactly what they're screaming baby needed to make them stop crying. Telepaths could probably just sense in their babies heads if they needed a nappy change, food or if they're just uncomfortable in their high chair haha.

she reads their minds by experiencing what they have seen and heard and how they feel (animals still have basic feelings and Jeans telepathy as very strong empathic component) like that dying dog she linked Juggernaut and some bullies with, she was also able to telepathically scan a group of ravens in Alaska

#7 Posted by Veitha (2892 posts) - - Show Bio

During the Emma Frost's series, Astrid Bloom taught Emma how to talk to birds (lol) so I think that avery telepath with some technique can talk with animals, at least superior animals. But they wouldn't percevive toughts, maybe their emotions

#8 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

She's been communicating with Logan for decades now, so no, i wouldn't put it past her either.

#9 Posted by darthphoenix (652 posts) - - Show Bio

FROM WIKIPEDIA

Telepathy

When her powers first manifest, Jean is unable to cope with her telepathy, forcing Professor X to suppress her access to it altogether. Instead, he chooses to train her in the use of her telekinesis while allowing her telepathy to grow at its natural rate before reintroducing it. When the Professor hides to prepare for the Z'Nox, he reopens Jean's telepathic abiliites, which was initially explained by writers as Xavier 'sharing' some of his telepathy with her.

Jean's telepathy allows her to read, influence, control, and communicate with the minds of others, project her mind into the astral plane, and generate telepathic force blasts that can stun or kill others. Jean is one of the few telepaths skilled enough to communicate with animals (animals with high intelligence, such as dolphins, dogs, and ravens). She can also telepathically take away or control people's natural bodily functions and senses, such as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or even mutant powers. A side effect of her telepathy is that she is gifted with an eidetic memory. Jean was able, through telepathic therapy with the comatose Jessica Jones, to grant Jessica immunity to the Purple Man's mind control abilities, despite his powers being chemical in nature rather than psychic. When Jean absorbs Psylocke's specialized telepathic powers, her own telepathy is increased to the point that she can physically manifest her telepathy as a psionic firebird whose claws can inflict both physical and mental damage. Phoenix discovers that she can telepathically enhance the powers of other mutants. She briefly develops a psychic shadow form like Psylocke's, with a gold Phoenix emblem over her eye instead of the Crimson Dawn mark possessed by Psylocke, Jean briefly lost her telekinesis to Psylocke during this exchange, but her telekinetic abilities later came back in full at a far stronger level than before.

#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans: @darthphoenix: @AgeofHurricane:

i dont get it if jean telepathically with an opponent and syas kill, how would that person die??? just blanks out and stops breathing creepy

and why doesnt telepaths like psylocke just get into people head and demand that they be killed instead of stbbing them up close

the only time i saw a telepath kill a person using telepathy was when scott killed the professor with a telepathic attack

#11 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@LordOfAllHumans: @darthphoenix: @AgeofHurricane:

i dont get it if jean telepathically with an opponent and syas kill, how would that person die??? just blanks out and stops breathing creepy

and why doesnt telepaths like psylocke just get into people head and demand that they be killed instead of stbbing them up close

the only time i saw a telepath kill a person using telepathy was when scott killed the professor with a telepathic attack

Psi bolts can directly affect the brain and can shut it down, the same way a powerful blow to the head can kill you instantly.

Psylocke originally had to use the knives because her powers were reduced when she was body swapped before she was more than capable of killing people with psi blasts I believe it was called her psycho blast IIRC, later they stuck to her psi blades to make her stand out among all the other mutant telepaths, and explained that she craved physical battle as much as Wolverine.

Jean killed MeMe via telepathic attack when the Morlocks attacked NYC.

#12 Posted by njones5 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: no it says that she is ONE OF THE FEW telepaths who can talk to animals

#13 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha can just imagine jean in rocket's head.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.