Jean Grey in X-Men: Schism

• 80 results
#1 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

"The duo has a complex history and relationship with each other rooted far back in the simmering romantic tension between them and Jean Grey, Cyclops' girlfriend who went from Marvel Girl to Phoenix to Dark Phoenix before sacrificing herself.

'That very personal conflict is going to ripple off and break apart the X-Men in a huge way,' Aaron said of the characters, whose names are Scott Summers and Logan. But as to how it happens, he's not saying."  

I was reading around online, and found this. And it made me wonder, if Jean has to do with some of the conflict, maybe she'll make an appearance?  
Who else thinks so?

#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio

It is possible.. They have been hinting to her return for a couple of years, and now that so many x-men have returned to the team like Rachel for example it could happen.

#3 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

It would make sense. 

#4 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I think it could be a very strong possibility, if there looking for the perfect moment now would definitly be a dramaic time. Fingers crossed :)
#5 Posted by Edamame (27963 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be very interesting to see. 

#6 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

If they hinted at jeans return any harder the reader would get slapped in the face.(she unlocks cyclop's memories in the giant size) She had a couple cameos and they are getting more frequent and considering she's been dead for a lot longer than most who have returned I'd say it's safe to say she's involved with the arc but it's yet to be seen. 

She was always a sore subject for scott and logan, would be funny considering they both have girlfriends

#7 Posted by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping she'd come back. Especially after the news of X-Man and Rachel's returns. I just wanna see they family all together again (although minus Cable)

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

If Schism brings Jean back, I'm done with the X-Men. Forever. 

This is going to suck so much.

#10 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read much of X-Men but plan to get into the series more so it'll be interesting to me if they bring her back

#11 Posted by War Killer (19971 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

Off Topic

Did Rachel reference Jean's return in AoX aftermath or something?(i'm not reading it but i saw something somewhere and she was talking about someone but i'm not sure who)

#13 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: Could you show me what you saw? I just reread threw the part where she is at and didn't exactly see anything except for her saying that they saw her as someone else's ghost.  
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92548 posts) - - Show Bio

-______________________________________________-

I really hope not.

#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

I really hope not.

(Hugs) Thank you for saying that ^_^
#16 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers: It seems to me that right there might have sealed the deal to Jean's return.
#18 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much. And (I don't have a scan) but when Jean told Emma to "prepare", the attack of the Evolutionaries seems like what she was talking about... I think we can expect to see her back. I'm excited to see how it all plays out
#19 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX
Who's Logan's girlfriend?
#20 Posted by ssstarquin (60 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought so too at first.. i mean cyclops vs wolverine.wud make sense to bring back da girl they fought over too. but i tink its unlikely.. first i thought jean was da morrison's character scheduled to return. 4m da dead... but turned out tats kid omega... so i dont think jean s gonna return here... not nerely big enugh 4 tat... its gonna be a 2013 event or somethin... IMO this buk exists to split cyclops nd wolverine up so tat jeanl have to chose between them wen/if she returns...mayb vr gonna c flashbacks of her as wot prelude ..so its ironage 4 now... 

but cant help hoping... :P

#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: I think i know what image your talking about... It could be possible. That was right when Second Coming ended i believe.
#22 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:

@EnSabahNurX: Who's Logan's girlfriend?

No idea what her name is but i heard she's in the wolverine ongoing though I don't read his series(she has been mentioned briefly on the podcasts occasionally) 

Found her  his girlfriend is Melita  Garner
http://www.comicvine.com/melita-garner/29-63164/
#23 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers:  Where's this from?
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Ok, i dont remember what thread i saw it on but it was quite recent, it was were Cyclops and Rachel from the AoX reality were discussing there return and Rachel was talking about "someone" (and it was a female) but i'm not sure who

EDIT: i can't find it so im going to start collecting X-Men Legacy starting from AoX aftermath to see if it's there
#24 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: I thought she was talking about Jean's return or Second coming, then again it was either Hope or the Phoenix that told Emma yet again to Prepare
#25 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
@EmmaGrace: I thought she was talking about Jean's return or Second coming, then again it was either Hope or the Phoenix that told Emma yet again to Prepare
That image gave me chills when i first saw it.
#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Pretty sure it gave Emma the chills when she saw it too ^.^

And for that reference thing, turns out Rachel was actually talking about MOIRA, lol :P.
#27 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: LMAO that explains it. I was wondering who you were talking about when i reread it.
#28 Posted by Gold Dust Boi (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX said:
If they hinted at jeans return any harder the reader would get slapped in the face.(she unlocks cyclop's memories in the giant size) 
I dont think she reached out from the white hot room and unlocked his memories, I think that was a previously placed post hypnotic suggestion that she put there to activate when the Evolutionaries returned.

@EmmaGrace said:
Yeah I think it could be a very strong possibility, if there looking for the perfect moment now would definitly be a dramaic time. Fingers crossed :)

Yeah I kinda hope they bring her back in the middle of some chaos and have her be like "What the hell are you people doing while I'm gone!?"  not just show up as the biggest and only storyline happening.  Her return should be a big event in the middle of some major s#!t
#29 Posted by treysome (93 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
If Schism brings Jean back, I'm done with the X-Men. Forever.
I'll be happy to take your vacant spot :)
@AgeofHurricane said:
Off Topic  Did Rachel reference Jean's return in AoX aftermath or something?(i'm not reading it but i saw something somewhere and she was talking about someone but i'm not sure who)

They need to rescue the space x-men first, which is just starting to happen in X-Men Legacy.  Rachel astral projected to call the x-men for help and got trapped in AOX.  She just returned to her body to find herself captured.
@EmmaGrace said:
@EnSabahNurX: Who's Logan's girlfriend?

I don't follow any Wolverine books but I did pick up #7 and #8 and it seems Melita Garner has started something with Wolverine but you only see it in the Wolverine book by Jason Aaron not anywhere else.
#30 Posted by Thorion88 (310 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
If Schism brings Jean back, I'm done with the X-Men. Forever.   This is going to suck so much.
@The Dark Huntress said:

I really hope not.

I'm with these two, I'm not looking forward to any of this.

How many taking bets with Jean being one of the characters killed in the near future by Marvel?
#31 Posted by zerophyte (25 posts) - - Show Bio

So... if Jean comes back, which would be ridiculous after all these years, will Scott dump Emma?? Meh.. 
 I prefer Emma as Scott's main woman. 

I wonder how many years they will leave Nightcrawler dead, until they resurrect him.

#32 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gold Dust Boi
Yeah but if she does comes back I don't think she'll be clueless, they'll probably bring her back as the one character who does know what the hells going on.
#33 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel does bring her back, she NEEDS to stay alive. One more death for Jean and that's seriously ridiculous. People are already agitated by the number it's reached, anymore and even I'm going to think the character is a joke (and I love Jean). If they bring her back, they need to keep her around for as long as possible.

#34 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: I agree. Killing her would be silly.
#35 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
It'll probably happen but I don't want to see her back. 
#36 Edited by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind her coming back.

#37 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

I want her to come back in the middle of all the drama and have a more important role than just picking a side. Her resurrection needs to be a huge production otherwise it's just gonna seem cheap.

#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (10842 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@zerophyte: No, towards her death she already knew about how much Emma loved Scott so she let there relationship happen, i won't be surprised if there are some complications when she does come back (IF she does) but still im sure they wont break up.
#40 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:

If Marvel does bring her back, she NEEDS to stay alive. One more death for Jean and that's seriously ridiculous. People are already agitated by the number it's reached, anymore and even I'm going to think the character is a joke (and I love Jean). If they bring her back, they need to keep her around for as long as possible.

So about 14 deaths isn't a joke, but one more reaches the brink? She has become a joke. And she needs to stay dead forever.
#41 Posted by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: What if she does come back, becomes so disappointed with Scott and what he has become and joins Wolverine's side, they've had potential for ever. Atleast Cykes would stay with Emma >.>
#42 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
@FadeToBlackBolt: What if she does come back, becomes so disappointed with Scott and what he has become and joins Wolverine's side, they've had potential for ever. Atleast Cykes would stay with Emma >.>
I'm confused as to what you mean here. He's become the greatest leader in the history of fiction. The saviour of an entire species, and the one person to unite all mutants. I'd be pretty damn proud if I were here. But Jean's an idiot, so she probably will be mad.
#43 Posted by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I agree with you, he has become  a great leader I like Cyclops, i like how the character has developed and I prefer him to stay the way he is right now. But what i mean is if Jean comes back, she somehow is disappointed at Cyclops' standpoint in the war, and instead of going with him, she goes with Wolverine. Atleast that's how I could picture it happening.
#44 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: Ooooh, sorry, I misunderstood you. I apologise. Yeah, that would make sense. I'm just fiercely defensive of Cyke (he's in my top 3 characters ever), and lately it seems that everyone hates him. More than usual at least. Idiots >_>
#45 Edited by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I understand, Cyclops is easily one of my top 5 x-men, and Emma is my 2nd fave character in comics so i get defensive when people hate on her for no reason and then they pull the she's a sl*t card and blab on about Jean. since she had such a big impact on the Cyclops character. Though personally i have no problem with Jean she has her ups and downs with me. I think she could make a big come back if written properly.
#46 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt
Like I said, some people are all ready agitated. And your obviously one of them, and I can respect that. But I think she's been dead for a really long time now, and it's an appropriate time to bring her back. But to kill her off again after would just be ridiculous.
#47 Posted by Thorion88 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are any of you Jean Grey fans assuming when Marvel does bring her back, that she'll be treated with any differently given the history Marvel has with using her as a plot device and killing her off?

There's literally no hope for the character to be treated with respect by Marvel anymore. It's bad enough when even my non-comic friends know of Jean Grey's "stellar" reputation of cheapening deaths. Add in the fact Marvel has that stupid quarterly policy of killing a character, she's literally a walking bulls eye for a cheap death scene or PIS death scene.

If you actually care for this character you better hope she has a reboot coming soon, or they better either keep her dead. She's already a beaten and tired cliche, add in the fact she's very close or has already crossed(depends on person to person) God-Mode Sue status, we'll just see the same stupid cycle play out once more which will end with her dying once more.

#48 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers said:

He was talking about his mom i got the book
#49 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean needs to stay dead its better that way
#50 Posted by ssstarquin (60 posts) - - Show Bio

nooo.. wat do yall have against jean xactly... dont  u understand.. everythings tats wrong wit da x men... ppl hating scott... da logan/scott split .... da morose austerity of da present x team... da lack of soul in da team or scott.... will ALL.. nd i mean ALLLL be solved if jean comes back...nd if she develops her power she cud even bring kurt back... is one writers obsession to get a couple 2gether enugh to keep her dead 4ever??x men need jean to define them now more than ever... i mean who exactly is it better 4 if jean stays dead?? ok mayb emma...  

jean is da PHOENIX ppl... its rebirth personified.. i think v need to get used to da fact shel keep dying nd gettin resurrected... i mean logan's regeneration v can understand... but not jean even though shes omega level... kurt's rebirth vl condone but a nigh omnipotent beings host v cant?? wat is tat .. sexist??? 

im a fan  of THE xmen... da way it was written... da xmen wer jean/scott were da norm nd scott being paired wit emma wud ba laughed at b4 morrisson... ny aberration 4m this is vested IMO... 
PS: im prepared to b called a hypocrite 4 sayin this.. :P 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.