Jean Grey and Madelyne Pryor

Posted by PhoenixHell (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i know that Maddie is a clone of Jean. and there is a list that describes Maddie's powers. [no i won't tell you the website.] I think that selene taught her the skills of Sorcery. Did Sinister give that ability to her during the cloning process? Or is it a potential that jean has? 

Here it is about Maddie's power. 

Sorcery: Madelyne possesses the ability to cast a wide variety of simple and complex spells. Her sorcery might is such that she has been shown to restore life to the long dead. 

#1 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixHell:
it's because she has possession of the Goblin Force, I believe
#2 Posted by PhoenixHell (124 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy:
It states "She may also have learned some magic from Selene."
#3 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

well, then there you go

she may have

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

When did she meet Selene? 

Sinister didn't teach Maddie anything.  He couldn't even animate her so he considered her a failure as a clone.  It was the Phoenix who breathed life into her & slowly activated her latent mutant powers.  She could possibly have learnt some magic from N'Astirh.  But I don't know about anything post-Inferno (ie in X-Man).

#5 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Maddie is one of those characters thats better retconned.
#6 Posted by PhoenixHell (124 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
She met selene in the X-man comics.  

"In Paris, she was lured away from Nate by Selene who slowly took her to New York and met with Sebastian Shaw suggesting a revival of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire club."
#7 Posted by PhoenixHell (124 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:
Yes i know that. But what about her skills as a sorceress.
#8 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

i really don't get it. between jean and madelyn, who's much stronger? i mean, jean does have the pheonix force, and madelyn only has little bit of it.

#9 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@sputnik said:
" i really don't get it. between jean and madelyn, who's much stronger? i mean, jean does have the pheonix force, and madelyn only has little bit of it. "
True, but then Maddie with the Goblin Force is hella' powerful. 
I'd like to see a proper face-off with no Phoenix or Goblin involved (: 
#10 Edited by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

The magick she displays in inferno would be Eldritch magick that N'astirh started and allowed her to access the goblin force! and later with out the goblin force is when Selene made her into psy-vamp and so since Selene has magick potential on a high level so now does maddy!

#11 Posted by Squares (6528 posts) - - Show Bio

How exactly would you define 'sorcery'? And I can't believe I missed a meeting between Madelyne Pryor and Selene- around when did that happen?

#12 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4133 posts) - - Show Bio

The goblin force does not exist in 616, all her powers and life came from the rouge portion of the Phoenix that became Dark Phoenix, when Phoenix went to Jean to wake her up she refused the portion of herself that the Phoenix took, the Phoenix split itself one piece went to Rachel another to Maddie, she had no magic in Inferno her latent mutant power and sleeping Phoenix inside where released by magic.

#13 Posted by Anodyne (7 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squares said:
How exactly would you define 'sorcery'? And I can't believe I missed a meeting between Madelyne Pryor and Selene- around when did that happen?
They first met in X-Man #7.  Selene got Madelyne to leave Nate by telling her, "you'll destroy him if you stay."  I've wondered if hypnosis was also involved.
#14 Posted by Squares (6528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Anodyne: Thank you! Sounds pretty likely; if I recall correctly, Selene has displayed the ability to hypnotize before.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.