It's Official: Cyclops Shares Wolverine's Jean Grey Hair.....

#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesnt matter. He kept lots of photos & other stuff there too. And he was MARRIED to her, so yeah he's kinda justified in keeping a lock of hair with him, along with both their wedding rings lol.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, Cyclops was married to her and she died multiple times, only to come back, kind of, then die again, etc. So him keeping something of hers makes sense.

Also, keep in mind he lives in a world where certain individuals can contact the dead, or even bring them back entirely. In some cases, a specific factor to attune such an ability might be useful. Her hair would be perfect for such tasks. And I bring up my previous explanation of the lockbox again: Cyclops was one of the original X-Men, when mutants were first appearing and being feared. Things haven't changed much, but even back then, Charles was teaching 'we can work with them', etc. That said, Charles wasn't a fool. It makes sense he taught his students to hide multiple lockboxes around the globe, in the event someone attacked the X-Men in such a way the mansion couldn't be returned to or it was unsafe for them to reconvene together. Lockboxes they could hide things of importance in, so they don't lose everything in a possible raid, and so they're not left with nothing as a result, should their accounts be frozen.

With other important things like pictures and such hidden in his other lockboxes, he'd want to ensure he had at least something of her in all of them. A lock of hair in this case.

#4 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

That doesnt matter. He kept lots of photos & other stuff there too. And he was MARRIED to her, so yeah he's kinda justified in keeping a lock of hair with him, along with both their wedding rings lol.

lol wolverine keeping a lock of hair to keep the scent fresh but for cyclops idk its wierd ....anyways did you see that he had two wedding bands in the box is that one from his marriage to maddie and then to jean???

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: why would scott want a lock of hair???? he was married to her for years, i think he would remember how her hair looked like, right? as for wolverine, he would want a lock of her hair to keep the scent fresh...lol

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

why would scott want a lock of hair???? he was married to her for years, i think he would remember how her hair looked like, right? as for wolverine, he would want a lock of her hair to keep the scent fresh...lol

He probably remembers her perfectly in every respect. Doesn't stop him from wanting to keep a picture. Hell, their wedding invitation has nothing of her on it but her name, if that. The point isn't the item. It's the memories associated with it. If all his other pictures of her are in his other lockboxes, then he'd still want something of her for the remainder. Jean probably had a lock of his hair in one of her lockboxes as well.

#7 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

why would scott want a lock of hair???? he was married to her for years, i think he would remember how her hair looked like, right? as for wolverine, he would want a lock of her hair to keep the scent fresh...lol

He probably remembers her perfectly in every respect. Doesn't stop him from wanting to keep a picture. Hell, their wedding invitation has nothing of her on it but her name, if that. The point isn't the item. It's the memories associated with it. If all his other pictures of her are in his other lockboxes, then he'd still want something of her for the remainder. Jean probably had a lock of his hair in one of her lockboxes as well.

thats funny and hard to believe like jean would probably have a lock of logans hair too...lol

anyways, does anybody keep locks of hair of their first love or any other lovers??? i dont think normal people would because that sounds borderline crazy

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

thats funny and hard to believe like jean would probably have a lock of logans hair too...lol

anyways, does anybody keep locks of hair of their first love or any other lovers??? i dont think normal people would because that sounds borderline crazy

Keep in mind what I said earlier, and the kind of world they live in: They both are familiar, and have had multiple encounters with magic. They both also have had magicians among their allies at times. A cursory investigation of such things (such as Cyclops would look into to be an informed leader), would lead to the belief that something that belonged to the person in question could be used to find them in the event they went missing under mysterious circumstances, in the hands of a sorcerer, or to communicate with their spirit, etc. Even eliminating the potential use of it for magic, they live in a strange world, full of strange things, happening at all times. Something like this may seem strange to us, but having one thing that unquestionably came from the person they cared about, and couldn't be changed or altered, would probably make sense to them.

And no, Jean wouldn't have a lock of Logan's hair. That's stupid. As far as I know, that relationship was never really reciprocated in the comics, and was purely one sided on Logan's part.

#9 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, actually. It's not just his 'first love'--it was his wife. Who died. Numerous times. People used to keep locks of hair in lockets to help remember the person who passed by having something of them, a token, if you will. It's like holding on to a piece of jewelry from someone who died.

Do I have locks of hair? Nope. Then again, I didn't get married and have my wife die on me.
#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Keep in mind what I said earlier, and the kind of world they live in: They both are familiar, and have had multiple encounters with magic. They both also have had magicians among their allies at times. A cursory investigation of such things (such as Cyclops would look into to be an informed leader), would lead to the belief that something that belonged to the person in question could be used to find them in the event they went missing under mysterious circumstances, in the hands of a sorcerer, or to communicate with their spirit, etc. Even eliminating the potential use of it for magic, they live in a strange world, full of strange things, happening at all times. Something like this may seem strange to us, but having one thing that unquestionably came from the person they cared about, and couldn't be changed or altered, would probably make sense to them.

And no, Jean wouldn't have a lock of Logan's hair. That's stupid. As far as I know, that relationship was never really reciprocated in the comics, and was purely one sided on Logan's part.

i like the answer about the lock of hair being a talisman

and i dont think it was one sided with logan....didnt she try to have an affair with him in the backwoods when scott was with emma?????

0.o ='.'=

#11 Edited by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: TBH I think she loved Scott more than Logan. She chose to Marry him. She would not have proposed marriage had she still been confused between them. And until the Apocalypse possessed Scott, their marriage was going very well. That was just the wild side of Logan's that she was attracted to. Even Logan told her that a relationship between Jean & Logan would never work out.

#12 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

okay...

#13 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

At least Jean and Scott were married and had a relationship. It makes sense for him to have a lock of her hair. Wolverine and the other hand wasn't even her boyfriend so.....its a little weird. I just hope Jean and Wolverine never get to together. XD

#14 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

At least Jean and Scott were married and had a relationship. It makes sense for him to have a lock of her hair. Wolverine and the other hand wasn't even her boyfriend so.....its a little weird. I just hope Jean and Wolverine never get to together. XD

XD i dont know maybe wolverine really loved jean and respected her, so he would want a peice of hair to remind him how her scent smelled like.....lol .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.