Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 7983 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Is there more potential to return 616 version of Jean Grey

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Would it of make more sense to return the old Jean (616 version) instead of kid Jean.

What do you guys think ?

Yes or No

Share views please.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Young Jean is the 616 version

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#3  Edited By time1

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Young Jean is the 616 version

your right, but she not grow up. So she not the old Jean Grey, the one that has had years of development..

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

It would have been better if they had returned the older Jean Grey because I have a feeling that having young Jean Grey is going to make things more confusing in the future.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Xorion

yes it would be interesting to see her come back so she could die again

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chasereis

@time: She wont stay. It will be the precursor to (real) Jean's return. I honestly cannot wait, I've loved her since X-Factor. Can't go wrong with curly red hair.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

she should stay dead

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By fodigg

The way we know the Marvel Multiverse to work, unless something happens to reset Jean and the others back to where they were, unless nothing changes in the timeline, then they became an alt-U version the second they diverted.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time
    yes once they return teen jean grey to the past she should come back full grown.....or why not have teen jean and others {like kitty,teen scott, adult scott,and rachel grey)  find jean's phoenix egg and release jean grey
    No Caption Provided
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xorion said:

yes it would be interesting to see her come back so she could die again

harsh dude and its not fair that marvel made jean's deaths into a living joke:

@Z3RO180 said:

she should stay dead

mean shes a great chacacter, she just mainly died because they didnt want scott to get a divorce and another failed marriage...grrrrr watch out emma, all his wivies end up dead ........and emma was left for dead when scott stole her phoenix power

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis

No -- a younger Jean Grey makes more sense. I was looking forward to it because it brings a completely different dynamic -- I love that Scott and her relationship hasn't really taken off at this point of their lives. Great thinking outside the box.

She will go back though. Too complicated and weird for her to stick around. Poor Rachel.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crimsonlord53

No adult jeans return should have a damn good reason for her return.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By GREGalicious

I do love Jean and she's a great character (in the hands of a writer that knows what theyre doing) but im not sure how this would work. That aside, I would be all for this going from merely past 616 Jean to just plain ole Jean. We already have a strange case of a 616 present/future character in Cable so why not a 616 present/past case with Jean...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#14  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: That;s not how alternate timelines work. The second beat went back in time and altered the past a new earth was created. That's been explained before.

I really hope the real Jean comes back :(

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Teerack: Bendis is writing this, what ever pre-established ideas about alt realites mean nothing when he's behind the pen

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: That doesn't matter. They aren't the 616 x-men anymore. It's literally just not how you would label them.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Teerack: yes, they are.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: No they are not.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Teerack: they actually are, if time tavel makes alt realities that would mean the orginal X-Men where from the 616 and the universe they are in now is not the 616. So yea your wrong.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: Wrong. When they meant Beast and saw a possible future it changed everything. Their time is currently a world without X-men and they are no longer the same people the 616 X-Men were. There have been plenty of stories where people see a possible future. Might as well start calling the Spider-man of 2099 a 616 character by your logic.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Teerack: Beast never seen a possible future

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: I was clearly talking about young Scott, Jean, Hank, Warren, and Bobby.... Let me put it this way. The adult version of the x-men have no memory of what the young x-men are currently going through.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Teerack: that's because there memory will be wiped when they send them back, that's been said multiple times now also they even showed the exact issue from where they were brought from with the exact same events happening. To say that they are not from the 616 is like saying any time we have an issue of Cap and Bucky in WW2 or Wolverine in 1800's that they aren't from the 616

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: It's too early to say that will happen. For all we know they might never go back. And the Cap, Bucky, Wolverine thing is completely different. They didn't go to the future or anything they just aged or got frozen and didnt age as time went on. And i know it's their plan to wipe their memories but now that Jean is getting psychic powers of her own it's likely that plan would fall apart. Will just have to wait and see. If they stay then they can't be 616 and if the time line doesn't get rewrote when they die or something then they can't be 616, so we don't know enough to confirm it right now.

Basically you can do future stuff without it messing up the timeline and making a new reality, but you need to make sure you don't change to much or reality can't repair it's self. So if their plan works then yes they are the 616 x-men but if it doesn't then they're not.

jyoung27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jyoung27

Pretty much as I see it and I follow marvel online only and only via free mediums since the last Jean death and house of M ended my interest and in effect the money I had given marvel for years. Jean was killed because marvel could not deal with her power which is weak since they write her and the phoenix. It would have been easy to have the pheonix decide she is an imperfect host and just move on never to be seen again but yeah that might require them to actually write wrather than use gimmicks which are the hallmark of modern marvel since good writing requires work. So in trade we get house of m (gimmick) dark emo marvel (bad writing) civil war (regergitated gimmick) more long drawn out emo marvel plots, second comming messiah stuff (bait and switch gimmick) more bad writing, and forcing the avengers on x fans again which there is a reason avengers was the first book I stopped reading at 14. AvX (more gimmick and bad writing) now well NOW we made a mistake so heres a gimmick to avoid apologizing and just rebooting to the mid 90s before things went to hell writing wise.

So no interest in the new character named Jean grey since its not Jean like I know her its her little sister dresing up like the real Jean did in the 60s with her buddies from high school brought back to the future which is about 4 movie plots only one of them I bothered to see. No New characters which is the king of eyesores here especially villains no new story lines same old crap they keep shovelin. And rehashing over and over. I read better fan fic than their books these days. Maybe they should get a clue and start looking places like that for talent and can what they have now cause they couldn't find a new Idea if it bit them on the @$$

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chasereis said:

@time: She wont stay. It will be the precursor to (real) Jean's return. I honestly cannot wait, I've loved her since X-Factor. Can't go wrong with curly red hair.

i hope you right, and i also hope if jean came back from the dead then they can get rid of hope summers who is a jean grey rip off

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By chasereis

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I've got a good feeling. You know, Hope doesnt bother me much, Hope is just a Rachel stand in with Cable playing parallel to his father Cyclops in Days of Future Past. Again this is just writers rehashing Claremont/Simonson era storylines into a modern setting, becuase they are inept with short work contracts. Sooner or later she will fade into the background along with all the other story vehicle characters and left over Morrison X-trash. Geez, sometime I wonder what needs a "Crisis" level event, the X-universe or DC Comics...

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Personally I think when Jean goes back to her "time period" I think she's going to keep her memories of the future and somehow not end up dead in the future. Therefore she'll be alive and 616 Jean Grey will be the correct age and bouncing. (No Phoenix though, hopefully).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.