Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 7984 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Is Rachel Grey, Hope and Madelyne, rips off of Jean Grey

• 72 results
    Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Solarflare32

Its quite sad jean has no real children only children that could have been.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Solarflare32

Scotts only real child is cable, rachel and ruby are both alternate universe children

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Yup they are fail attempts to get people over jean lol never going to work because none of them come close to the original, but out of the ripoffs my favorite is Maddie because she pretty cool.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Mercy_

@Vance Astro said:

Hope>Rachel>>>>>>>>>>>Madelyne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jean.

Wait what? Hope > Rachel? This is the first time I've ever seen anybody say that O_o

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By ReVamp

Rachel>Jean=Hope>Madelyne.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By agent9149

I wouldn't say ripoffs, they are more like what wonder girl is too wonder woman but not so obvious

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Crimsonlord53

My fingers are crossed that jean comes back to complete the PF with the shards that are gunning for hope. I'd really like to see what happens if jean tells scott that the PF dose not work in the way he hopes it well.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BOPFAN#3 said:

@thewidowsbite: I agree with you for the most part. I would agree that they were all cheap rip-offs of the original (whom I
    love) but I think over the years they have definitely evolved into actual
    characters. I really like Rachel, I love that she sets Cyclops in his place,
    and I love it when she fights with home wrecker…I mean Emma. And Madelyne has
    had an interesting story with Goblyn Queen and Cable, and being screwed over by
    Cyclops, I think he just needs to be single for awhile. Except I’m still
    waiting to find out what Hope’s point is……..I mean yeah she’s the “Mutant
    Messiah” blah blah blah, but what has she actually done so far? I’m hoping
    Marvel can give her a good story with the upcoming Avengers VS X-Men but if
    they don’t…….I just don’t see the point of her.

And yeah Jean needed to come back YEARS ago……..I’m sick of
    the waiting!!!!!!!! I’m also sick of people talking about how she’s died five
    times and she keeps coming back and saying it gives comics a bad name! I mean
    she died ONE time, the Dark Phoenix Saga wasn’t even her, the only time she’s
    ever “died” is the New X-Men. Plus her names the ?!?!?!?!
    I can’t believe people would be surprised if she comes back from the dead I
    mean hello………. It’s like
    saying you’re surprised mice like cheese….it’s kinda what they do.

i totally agree
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

I think that they r just other possible aspects of Jean that Marvel wanted to try and make seperate entities. Madelyne IS Jean, Rachel is her daughter which by extension makes her Jean. And clearly Hope was supposed to have a MUCH closer link to Jean as was alluded to by Marvel. Then different writers tried to make Hope.... something more than what she was originally intended. Hope now is just a female Scott. Which is why I believe they constantly but heads... but anyway back to Jean. Jean was a girl with a solid home life. Both parents and a sister, all of which were loving. Madelyne is Jean's carbon copy. She possibly has all the same potential but none of the background to reach that potential. Different events in Madelyne's life made her who and what she is. Rachel in her timeline just grew up differently. So also her life has a different cause and effect. But the basis and foundation of all these "characters" is Jean. Which I think would earn her a lil more respect than she is currently recieving from Marvel. This whole Phoenix Force searching for a new host thing is humiliating and derespectful.... Jean quite literally was and still IS the true heart of the X-Men!!!

So not really rip-offs but just pale imitations..... but if u wanna suggest that Marvel was infact ripping themselves off...well that just a lack of creativity and guts. BOOM!!!!

agreed
    Augment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Augment

Madelyne is probably the most different (which is ironic considering she's a clone). She's also got the most messed up personality, which totally makes me like her.

That being said, I still love Jean the most. When Jean is being written properly (and not as a massive Mary Sue), she's awesome.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Augment
    in avx marvel makes it seem like jean grey is the unlucky hero that dies because of the phoenix force :/
    Augment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Augment

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@Augment: in avx marvel makes it seem like jean grey is the unlucky hero that dies because of the phoenix force :/

See, I adored Phoenix: Endsong. It really explored the whole relationship between Jean and the Phoenix Force - so much so that it basically said that the Phoenix needed Jean to survive. I mean, I know that is totally impractical, as the PF is a living entity of energy; but its bond to Jean is so secure and intimate.

I am hoping for a return of Jean during this AvX arc. Supposedly she's in the White Hot Room or something.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Crimsonlord53

^^

This is just my own idea but jean and the phoenix bonded so since hope looks like jean is it possible hope is a "clone"

My thinking is the phoenix used the X gene her father passed on to her (hope) and the DNA it has of jean to create hope.

OT I hope marvel gets somebody really good to write a decent jean return story.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hareil0079

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

I think that they r just other possible aspects of Jean that Marvel wanted to try and make seperate entities. Madelyne IS Jean, Rachel is her daughter which by extension makes her Jean. And clearly Hope was supposed to have a MUCH closer link to Jean as was alluded to by Marvel. Then different writers tried to make Hope.... something more than what she was originally intended. Hope now is just a female Scott. Which is why I believe they constantly but heads... but anyway back to Jean. Jean was a girl with a solid home life. Both parents and a sister, all of which were loving. Madelyne is Jean's carbon copy. She possibly has all the same potential but none of the background to reach that potential. Different events in Madelyne's life made her who and what she is. Rachel in her timeline just grew up differently. So also her life has a different cause and effect. But the basis and foundation of all these "characters" is Jean. Which I think would earn her a lil more respect than she is currently recieving from Marvel. This whole Phoenix Force searching for a new host thing is humiliating and derespectful.... Jean quite literally was and still IS the true heart of the X-Men!!!

So not really rip-offs but just pale imitations..... but if u wanna suggest that Marvel was infact ripping themselves off...well that just a lack of creativity and guts. BOOM!!!!

Agreed

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By darthphoenix

i hope rachel kills emma. hate that bitch!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By darthphoenix

i love rachel grey. she is the more aggressive version of jean grey =)

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By kiss_lamia

Nope they may share similar dna but there tottally different personalities, rachel is from the future she was a lap dog used for hunting other mutants, shes a teenager and she acts like one too in uncanny anyway and then her character developed alot more in Excalibur, Maddy is totally different from jean they look the same but thats about it, her personality was ten times better than jeans, she was firery she was more hands on even with out powers and was/is sheer brilliance. Hope is the one i don't see much relevance in to be honest shes seems to reflect Rachel alot when she was the teeny brat of the group especially back when she used to cat fight with Emma Frost alot. and Jean is just Jean but she was better as dark phoenix!

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By HexThis

One thing I found quite amusing was that someone at Marvel, I forget who, said that fans want the real Jean. No fakes, no illusions or holograms. WELL DUH! We've got so many redheads with her powers and Phoenix connections and for coming on 10 years now everyone's always been asking when then hell Jean will be back. So I guess, in a sense, if Rachel or Hope or Madelyne are rip-offs they aren't really effective at it.

I do wonder now that Jean will finally come back what they'll do with Hope. I thought Hope was Jean, as did many, mainly because it seemed like a clean slate and the perfect way to revive her character. This way she can't be anybody's mom or the Olive Oil being yanked between Wolvie & Scott, or the Phoenix poster gal but herself.

Frankly, I see a bit of a shove-off where Hope is concerned at least. She has vague powers and a somewhat vague purpose now that Jean's going to come back.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By OmegaHans

It's all so confusing... are the X-Men comics ever going to be able to rely on something other than something about Phoenix all the time? Guess not now, it's too far gone.

I mean, you take an idea that Claremont invented, that was a good idea to start with, and then bury it, bring it back again, bury it, bring it back again a million times--who wants to keep reading that? I don't know about everybody else but uh, I'm kinda burnt out, or I should say all 'Phoenixed out' on Phoenix and the whole darn Grey-Summers legacy. Time to get some new ideas, folks.

Avatar image for therealjeangrey
    TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

OK my thing is, if u count how many times Jean died, it was actually twice. But only Jean fans or people who actually read the comics would kno that. Also it was said that Jean is the rightful owner of those powers, the phoenix was meant to merge with Jean. The fact that Wanda has gotten waaaaay less flack for being a mentally unstable, reality altering witch with daddy, husband, and children issues that drastically reduced the mutant race to basically a handful, baffles and astounds me. I see how people feel as far as her connection to the phoenix, all powerfull ever dying, thats how she has come to be seen. But without Jean there would be no Rachel, Madelyne or Hope. All of these characters are anchored by Jean. also if people actually noticed how REDUNDANT other characters are they wouldnt be so quick to hop on Jean just because hers is major plots and storylines. Scott is still a little boy trying to be a leader, either following Charles' examples and recently Magneto's. Emma of course is following behind yet another man. First Shaw now Summers, no evolution.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HexThis: @TheRealJeanGrey:

i think hope is scott and jeans child somehow...they did it with rachel they could do it again

if hope is the mutant messiah then that would mean jean(as phoenix god/goddess) was her real mom, scott being the father(like joseph) and with the help of a surrogate mother(louisa spaulding).....and if this is true jean would have a lot of drama to get though

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By HexThis

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@HexThis: @TheRealJeanGrey:

i think hope is scott and jeans child somehow...they did it with rachel they could do it again

if hope is the mutant messiah then that would mean jean(as phoenix god/goddess) was her real mom, scott being the father(like joseph) and with the help of a surrogate mother(louisa spaulding).....and if this is true jean would have a lot of drama to get thoughn

How many children would that be now? Nate, Cable, Rachel, AND Hope? Nah, it'd too much. Now that shes going to be a teen, let's not turn into a teen mom.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.