Is Jean Grey the most powerful MARVEL telepath?

#1 Posted by Alice_Summers (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Can she beat Thanos in telepathy?

#2 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont kno much about Thanos, but Yea she is, this was said by Charles and Emma.

#3 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7672 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Agypt2020 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X is/was the most powerful telepathic on Earth, he taught Jean Grey and by far augmented she is indeed the most powerful telepathic, even surpasses Thanos and Moon Dragon the latter with/without the Mind Gem.

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agypt2020 said:

@Alice_Summers: @TheRealJeanGrey: @Mr_Ingenuity:

Professor X is/was the most powerful telepathic on Earth, he taught Jean Grey and by far augmented she is indeed the most powerful telepathic, even surpasses Thanos and Moon Dragon the latter with/without the Mind Gem.

since xavier is dead and teen jean is back does that make jean now the most powerful telepath even if shes untrained??? oh and emma frost lost her telepathy...lol

#6 Posted by Dayvid3 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

What about uninfected Cable,nate grey, x-man, whatever name?

#7 Posted by Roddy010 (5310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Jean Grey is the most powerful telepath. It's been stated numerous times that even without the Phoenix she has unlimited potential and has achievied feats deemed telepathically impossible. Moondragon isn't that impressive to me,

#8 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alice_Summers said:

Can she beat Thanos in telepathy?

idk but i know that since in the 616 universe prof x is dead and now that teen jean is back she would now be the powerful psychic since she was secong to xavier ...plus emma lost her psychic powers so who knows.....oh and teen jean is a untrained psychic i hope she learns how to use it fast but not all the way strong so she doesnt release the phoenix force...lol we dont want another avx

#9 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE:She is/will be better then Racheal, Emma but i would say, right now she would lose

#10 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dayvid3: Actually that is the correct answer, Christopher Summers (Child Cable) and X-Man are the most powerful. Even Xavier doesn't have that much raw power, but Xavier does have a clear advantage in expertise. Likely Phoenix (Not Jean Grey) is close to or parallel to that level of psionic power.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate Grey laughs at Jean Grey. 

#12 Posted by BMEZY (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: "Likely Phoenix is close to or parallel to that level of psionic power" - I have to respectfully disagree. Jean Grey as The Phoenix manifest itself to this magnificent bird of fire composed of pure psionic energy; it is also the nexus or the reservoir of all psionic energy in the multiverse, the source of it all, that has existed, is currently existing, and will ever exist in all realities of the multiverse; psionic energy is what gives life to sentient beings and its entire composition are all the ambient energies of creation, which fuels the very stars, which is why the phoenix is dubbed the mother of stars. Phoenix is the very source of Nate and Cable's very existence, the source of their own innate power. They do not compare.

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

If she ain't she should be.

#14 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been stated that she had the potential to be. Without Xavier's barriers she could possibly be the most powerful telepath in existence.

#15 Posted by Dayvid3 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/jean-grey-no-phoenix-vs-nate-grey/538278/

#16 Posted by marvellover1 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course

#17 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY - Incorrect. When Moira McTaggart (sp) did a work up of Nate Grey back in his series, she stated, flat out, that Nate Grey was rivaling the Dark Phoenix in terms of raw power.

Note: I would @Reply, but old browser at work.

#18 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey -- as the Phoenix -- is the most powerful telepath but the thing with comic characters, their powers are seemingly always in flux. When one might be the most powerful, another has yet to fully their own and then others are downgraded (Nate) and then potentially back up to or surpassing in terms of being the most powerful.

If I had to pick one, with the above in mind -- I say Jean but in her most powerful incarnation, which is the the Dark Phoenix. Raw power is great and all (that's when we can throw in variables like Legion and Shadow Man and even Blindfold) but for me, power needs superb wielding and that would mean Jean (and Xavier to a degree).

The answers change with whatever criteria is placed in how power is gauged. Not so much a right answer or wrong answer.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately, he's a male in the X-Universe that isn't Magneto, so he has to be depowered quick.

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Unfortunately, he's a male in the X-Universe that isn't Magneto, so he has to be depowered quick.

F*ck the writers and their inability to write strong characters

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

F*ck the writers and their inability to write strong characters

Yep

DUR, HOPE AND WANDA ARE POWAFUL

Everyone has to be a plot device (rolls eyes)

#22 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: ermahgawd Magneto is too strong for AVX so we job his ass, and ermagawhd the Phoenix is too inconvenient for plot so lets break it into five pieces...

wow

just wow

#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: ermahgawd Magneto is too strong for AVX so we job his ass, and ermagawhd the Phoenix is too inconvenient for plot so lets break it into five pieces...

wow

just wow

And then, to finish, because some reader out there still has a brain-cell left, CHAOS MAGIC ULTIMATE MUTANT MESSIAH FIST OF ETERNAL HEALING!

#24 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Lolololololololol

Its like cosmics are on a fire sale

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.She's not even a strong telepath as Nate Grey.But Professor X is the strongest.

#26 Posted by LipstickZombie (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Jean is more powerful with her telekinesis.

#27 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Psylocke is the powerful telepathic X-Man at the moment along with Rach.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.