Inappropriate Relationship

#1 Edited by Teerack (5324 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else get this weird vibe off the All New X-Men Jean when ever she interacts with Logan? Like I know Logan wouldn't want to be with a kid, but the new Jean is getting increasingly stupid so I could see her making moves on Logan sense she doesn't seem to care about Scott anymore. I'm also not really sure Logan could restrain himself for a willing Jean Grey.

#2 Posted by Akindoodle (973 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know... I don't really see Jean doing this but I haven't read the newest one. I HOPE Wolverine can help himself, sleeping with a teenager is statutory rape and being a headmaster makes it worse. If he does, the school's in serious trouble.

#3 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: @akindoodle: yes i think its creepy the way she always calls him james instead of logan like everybody else

#4 Edited by Akindoodle (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: WTH? Now I'll have to read the issue.Why are they NOT blasting Scott and his people to oblivion? They have the firepower to do it. The man is a wanted criminal, call Captain America dammit! The Avengers will go apesh*t when they find out

And you're right, that is creepy weird. Dammit Jean, he's two centuries too old!

#5 Posted by Teerack (5324 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is an ally for the O5 staying in the current timeline because of the feeling's james has for her. I think or maybe feel she's playing on his past feeling's and his present duties to the new school and the kid's.

But heck I have being wrong before.

#7 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

He's always running around with little girls, jubilee, kitty. young jean seems pretty creepy all around. Forcing angel to change his mind for example. Was the original one so creepy at that age?

#8 Edited by Jg0587 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose I'm I'm the minority here but I don't find their relationship creepy.

If jean didn't have her memories (via Beast) I'd think it was odd... But since she does have them, I feel like it wouldn't make sense to NOT have wolverine and jean be close.

I think bendis is playing his hand well by making jean the catalyst in her and Logan's conversations. If you notice, it's jean that is usually/always addressing Logan in this book. I think that's probably a smart move as if it were the other way around It would probably come off as much creepy to the general readers.

I'm enjoying her and Logan's relationship so far to be honest, but I expected to be the minority there so I definitely understand others' views.

As far as jean herself being creepy, I think the reason sheis coming off that way is because, due to her unique situation, she has the body of an inexperienced teenager but the memories and experiences of a very long and troubled life. Imagine putting a middle aged brain in a teenager's body. That's how I see the scenario.

I mean, literally imagine adult jean in all these scenes instead of teen jean. Would it be creepy then?

The only difference between the two, IN GENERAL*, is their physical bodies... So I don't see how it's any different personally.

*(I know they don't literally share the same mind)

#9 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah

@jg0587 said:

I suppose I'm I'm the minority here but I don't find their relationship creepy.

If jean didn't have her memories (via Beast) I'd think it was odd... But since she does have them, I feel like it wouldn't make sense to NOT have wolverine and jean be close.

I think bendis is playing his hand well by making jean the catalyst in her and Logan's conversations. If you notice, it's jean that is usually/always addressing Logan in this book. I think that's probably a smart move as if it were the other way around It would probably come off as much creepy to the general readers.

I'm enjoying her and Logan's relationship so far to be honest, but I expected to be the minority there so I definitely understand others' views.

yeah i agree with this.if it was logan being all touchy it would be odd but its not its jen.

#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

He's always running around with little girls, jubilee, kitty. young jean seems pretty creepy all around. Forcing angel to change his mind for example. Was the original one so creepy at that age?

she became wierd ever since she became a telepath, which shouldnt have happened until she's an young adult....also the psychic breakers in her head from xavier to cut off the power of the phoenix force

#11 Posted by Mr Marvel82 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Jean is getting increasingly stupid?? Say what now?

Jean said Logan's thoughts were pretty disgusting in an earlier issue. I don't think she's falling for him. I do think she realizes she can get to places others can't with him, and thus touches him and speaks in his ear. Storm places her hand on his shoulder, but he doesn't calm down until Jean does.

#12 Edited by Teerack (5324 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_marvel82 said:

@teerack: Jean is getting increasingly stupid?? Say what now?

Jean said Logan's thoughts were pretty disgusting in an earlier issue. I don't think she's falling for him. I do think she realizes she can get to places others can't with him, and thus touches him and speaks in his ear. Storm places her hand on his shoulder, but he doesn't calm down until Jean does.

Jean completely changed once she got all of Beast's memories in her head though.

#13 Edited by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

It's weird and intriguing at the same time. Everyone knows how much of an effect Jean has on Logan, so it's interesting watching them form this odd relationship. Whatever it is.

#14 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP is missing the entire point.

Wolverine is the greatest human being that has ever lived. He can do no wrong. If something he has done could be misconstrued as morally incorrect, then the laws of morality are to be rewritten so that Wolverine was, in fact, doing the right thing.

Screwing an underage girl when you're hundreds of years old is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Killing thousands and then admonishing people for killing one while possessed is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Being on the Avengers who publicly dismiss vigilantes such as the Punisher as "bad guys" is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Repeatedly trying to sleep with married or spoken-for women is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Having that insane haircut and leaving the house with it is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

#15 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
@teerack said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@teerack: @akindoodle: yes i think its creepy the way she always calls him james instead of logan like everybody else

Ya, and if you notice she touches him a lot and not anyone else.

Actually, I thought she was trying to control him, in a way.

#17 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

she became wierd ever since she became a telepath, which shouldnt have happened until she's an young adult....also the psychic breakers in her head from xavier to cut off the power of the phoenix force

She started out as a telepath O_O Xavier just blocked off that power, but since Beast made her aware of that power and brought her to a future without xavier reinforcing those barriers she probably chipped away at them. So she has her powers at her disposal.

But yea Jean is being weird but only because she's a little drunk with power and has a large portion of her adult memories affecting the way to interacts with people. At least she's less whiney than Warren =_=

Side-note: I kinda like that she calls Logan James. I think it's going to force Logan to confront her because he's been kinda avoiding her.

#18 Edited by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know... I don't really see Jean doing this but I haven't read the newest one. I HOPE Wolverine can help himself, sleeping with a teenager is statutory rape and being a headmaster makes it worse. If he does, the school's in serious trouble.

Side note, but has he ever been able to control himself? He's always talking about living with the beast and being better, but he never resoves anything without killing including his kids. He make sup for it by saying he feels bad. Too bad he can't hold the P5 to that standard. I think he has to not want her or her to leave quick or not want him. He doesn't have any self control

#19 Edited by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I'm pretty sure this statement is a reference to them boning on that Space Shuttle (whatever) in Morrison's run.

#20 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by M3th (2037 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Storm too young for Logan too? Why doesn't anyone mention that?

#22 Posted by Alak (924 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like Wolverine, he really is a creepy guy sometimes...

#23 Posted by DjBest02 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is the greatest human being that has ever lived. He can do no wrong. If something he has done could be misconstrued as morally incorrect, then the laws of morality are to be rewritten so that Wolverine was, in fact, doing the right thing.

Screwing an underage girl when you're hundreds of years old is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Killing thousands and then admonishing people for killing one while possessed is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Being on the Avengers who publicly dismiss vigilantes such as the Punisher as "bad guys" is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Repeatedly trying to sleep with married or spoken-for women is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

Having that insane haircut and leaving the house with it is the right thing to do when you're Wolverine.

lol!

#24 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

That is just gross.

#25 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

As much as I like Wolverine, he really is a creepy guy sometimes...

Yeah since he's old relatively most women are much younger, but she has matured as a person. She's not a 16yo kid

#26 Posted by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

Isn't Storm too young for Logan too? Why doesn't anyone mention that?

I don't think there is too many 100-year-old ladies available for Wolverine (except for Mystique), so everyone will be too young for him xD

But it's like @dayvid3 said, Storm is mature enough, Young Jean isn't

#27 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Pleibeians

wolverine can put his pipe wherever he pleases, he did that with herc on an alternate universes

as if human norms applies to mutants

#28 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no hint or danger of Wolverine seeing the young Jean Grey other than who she is, a young teenager who is nothing like the woman he grew to love.

If anything, my eye is on the older Cyclops. Not so much worried about him, but having all these teenagers crushing on him is just all shades of wrong. If there is something pursued along those lines, I will have an epic conniption.

#29 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldnt care less about her relationship with Logan really, i just want Jean to go ham, and show us how truely powerful she can be.

Jean go ham, i dont care if she ended up dead, its not like she hasnt died 3 times before, but hey go ham, go phoenix....

#30 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I really wanted Jean to side with Scott. His interactions with her interest me the most.

#31 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@lykopis: I really wanted Jean to side with Scott. His interactions with her interest me the most.

If I were to read WAY too much into an upcoming cover dealing with the Atom event come September, she just might.

#32 Posted by akbogert (3193 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for my first true laugh of the day :)

#34 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:
@teerack said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Ya, and if you notice she touches him a lot and not anyone else.

Actually, I thought she was trying to control him, in a way.

i cant wait for battle of the atom but if it sucks then i think i will quit x-men comics again....lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.