If the white crown phoenix jean ever comes back.

#1 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we expect any of the phoenix feats the current host are doing Eg taking a sword to the heart and being ripped in half by a norse god and living to become cannon for the phoenix to be abel to do ?

#2 Edited by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Emma can survive being smashed to pieces under normal circumstances. I think Phoenix and its hosts are normally immune to physical destruction. They can will themselves back to life just like Emma and Jean did. They only die if they want to like Jean did when she took a cannon to the knee. Phoenix is pretty much the essence of life. It would take someone on the caliber of Scarlet Witch who has connection to phoenix (most likely due to the life force) to defeat the host. If Scarlet Witch didn't show up, the whole Avengers would have been destroyed. I feel like those feats should be attributed to phoenix. Namor can't take on all the Avengers by himself if it wasn't for phoenix, and Emma would have been death after being shattered by Thor. Those feats seem more like of dark phoenix than white phoenix though since white phoenix seems to have reality warping power and can hold an entire universe in her hand. She doesn't need to confront anyone in the 616 universe directly to destroy them.

#3 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

I doubt Emma can survive being smashed to pieces under normal circumstances. I think Phoenix and its hosts are normally immune to physical destruction. They can will themselves back to life just like Emma and Jean did. They only die if they want to like Jean did when she took a cannon to the knee. Phoenix is pretty much the essence of life. It would take someone on the caliber of Scarlet Witch who has connection to phoenix (most likely due to the life force) to defeat the host. If Scarlet Witch didn't show up, the whole Avengers would have been destroyed. I feel like those feats should be attributed to phoenix. Namor can't take on all the Avengers by himself if it wasn't for phoenix, and Emma would have been death after being shattered by Thor. Those feats seem more like of dark phoenix than white phoenix though since white phoenix seems to have reality warping power and can hold an entire universe in her hand. She doesn't need to confront anyone in the 616 universe directly to destroy them.

Emma has already survived being shattered, she just doesn't have the power to put herself back together under normal circumstance, so the first time Jean had to do it. Emma's consciousness was still clinging to her shattered body in Murder in the Mansion, Jean was just the only telepath that could sense it, maybe because she was the only telepath at the time that could still use telepathy on the diamond form.

#4 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

White phoenix of the crown could pretty much destroy any universe so..........Plus phoenix is split into five pieces so its less strong and it has kinda crappy host honestly.

#5 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: I don't know about it being less strong because they all have a piece of infinity. The problem though is that the writers are in an event and can't show the powers of the Phoenix unlike in a X-related title where they have freedom. But on the other hand some things should have been established like the Phoenix taking forever to get to earth unlikely, and being hit by Thor's hammer was ridiculous. Anything that happens to the PF for this event shouldn't be canon or else everyone will undermine it's power with it's low showings in this event.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.