How many times has she 'died' now?

#1 Posted by Power NeXus (9855 posts) - - Show Bio

I've lost count...

#2 Posted by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

four times
Her original death as the phoenix
dark phoenix dying
Death in new x-men
Death in x-men endsong

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

She didn't die in Endsong!!!!

#4 Posted by EvLJEsT (127 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL ten to one she is the mutant messiah My god i hope not

#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she might be!

#6 Posted by EvLJEsT (127 posts) - - Show Bio

do u really think she is i mean is it the whole Phoenix dies and is reborn in the ashes??

Hence look at the scene when she is born the town is on fire symbolism maybe?

I hope its not jean cause then there will be the whole thing with emma and Scoot dont you think.

#7 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

it is Jean

#8 Posted by EvLJEsT (127 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh sigh sigh.................. come on im tired of this.

so if bishop kills her wont she just come back, again and again and again

#9 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

6 times if you do not count Endsong.

#10 Posted by fesak (6983 posts) - - Show Bio

16+10 times.

1 in Doctor Strange #12 (Implicit)
1 in Marvel Two-In-One #7. (Implicit)
1 in UXM #107. (Implicit)
1 in UXM #108. (Implicit)
1 in UXM #113 (in the opinion of most of her fellow X-Men for the next 12 issues)
1 in UXM #137 (As everyone believed at the time, and for the next five years)
5 in Avengers #314 (Implicit)
1 in Infinity Gauntlet #2
1 in UXM #281
1 in Mys-Tech Wars #3
1 in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #1 (soul separated from her own body for a solid twelve years, from her point of view!)
1 just before the start of Captain Marvel #6 (fourth series) (Implicit)
1 in New X-Men #148
1 in New X-Men #150
8 times (at least!) in Phoenix: Endsong #3.

Moderator
#11 Posted by Slung (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats ridiculous, we can't count every cliffhanging moment of "is she dead" or every character would have died a zillion times. I think the post was asking how many times Jean has actually died and stayed dead for awhile. Which would be two: UXM 137 and New X-Men #148.


If we are asking how many times has she died physically it would be probably 5 times - you can't possible count Phoenix Endsong's "deaths" she was stabbed eight times in eight consecutive panels. I find this list ridiculous.
#12 Posted by x-men codename: Phoenix (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically she didn't die in x-men Phoenix - endsong, she just went to the white hot room to piece the remaining parts of the phoenix together.  Which makes since, since in the last issue of Kingbreaker.  The phoenix left rachel and she says: " no.....not now mom!"   So I think its a pretty sure bet that jean is coming back, and i think its the baby!!  I think she is jean, and she is just hiding it from everyone.  But here's a question i have.   Okay at the end of "phoenix warsong"  the cuckoo's imprisoned a piece of the phoenix in each of their hearts.  So if jean does come back does that mean she is going to have to take it from them?   Are they going to die?  And if they do, Emma if going to want to kill her!

#13 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio
EvLJEsT said:
"LOL ten to one she is the mutant messiah My god i hope not"

Yea, she did. Wolverine killed her actually like 3 times in that and she came back two seconds later.
#14 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
"x-men codename: Phoenix said:
"Technically she didn't die in x-men Phoenix - endsong, she just went to the white hot room to piece the remaining parts of the phoenix together.  Which makes since, since in the last issue of Kingbreaker.  The phoenix left rachel and she says: " no.....not now mom!"   So I think its a pretty sure bet that jean is coming back, and i think its the baby!!  I think she is jean, and she is just hiding it from everyone.  But here's a question i have.   Okay at the end of "phoenix warsong"  the cuckoo's imprisoned a piece of the phoenix in each of their hearts.  So if jean does come back does that mean she is going to have to take it from them?   Are they going to die?  And if they do, Emma if going to want to kill her!"
I hope so, Warsong was horrible, if all you have to do is turn to diamond to trap the Phoenix, why didn't Emma do that in Endsong?  It's crazy to say they have the Phoenix trapped considering it didn't want to leave in the first place, but Jean doesn't need to kill them to get it, I'm pretty sure she can just will it away from them unless we are being set up to watch a battle between her and Emma which is suicide on Emmas part."
Plot says emma wins :)
#15 Posted by Laura Logan (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not she already stole her husband from her. lol

#16 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio
Laura Logan said:
"Why not she already stole her husband from her. lol"
Because Jean allowed it to happen. She also trashed Emma with ease.
#17 Posted by Stormultt (5227 posts) - - Show Bio
@EvLJEsT said:
"LOL ten to one she is the mutant messiah My god i hope not"

she is not...she just has a habit of dyin now i guess...
#18 Posted by Defiant (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean is wack, Emma is the psychic female powerhouse now. they should let Jean stay dead

#19 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean only died two times..

#20 Posted by Stormultt (5227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Defiant said:
"Jean is wack, Emma is the psychic female powerhouse now. they should let Jean stay dead"

now now she isnt wack and jean is also a psychic powerhouse but i feell that when she comes back this times....shes staying for good...XDD
#21 Posted by Power NeXus (9855 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
"@Defiant said:
"Jean is wack, Emma is the psychic female powerhouse now. they should let Jean stay dead"
now now she isnt wack and jean is also a psychic powerhouse but i feell that when she comes back this times....shes staying for good...XDD "

They'll let us think that for a while. Then she'll get hit by a bus or something.
#22 Posted by Stormultt (5227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
"@Stormultt said:
"@Defiant said:
"Jean is wack, Emma is the psychic female powerhouse now. they should let Jean stay dead"
now now she isnt wack and jean is also a psychic powerhouse but i feell that when she comes back this times....shes staying for good...XDD "
They'll let us think that for a while. Then she'll get hit by a bus or something. "

thats just thinking negative lol lets try to think about her living life....finally XD
#23 Posted by Stormultt (5227 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Jean only died two times.."

exactly...first time during the dark phoenix saga and second timein the phoenix endsong...XD
#24 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Jean only died two times.."
exactly...first time during the dark phoenix saga and second timein the phoenix endsong...XD "
I thought in the phoenix Endsong she just went to the white hot room....
#25 Posted by Power NeXus (9855 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"@Stormultt said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Jean only died two times.."
exactly...first time during the dark phoenix saga and second timein the phoenix endsong...XD "
I thought in the phoenix Endsong she just went to the white hot room...."

Well, since the Phoenix Force makes Jean pretty much immortal, going to the White Hot Room is her equivalent of 'death'... and then coming back to life sometime later.
#26 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"@Stormultt said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Jean only died two times.."
exactly...first time during the dark phoenix saga and second timein the phoenix endsong...XD "
I thought in the phoenix Endsong she just went to the white hot room...."
Well, since the Phoenix Force makes Jean pretty much immortal, going to the White Hot Room is her equivalent of 'death'... and then coming back to life sometime later. "
I still don't find it as her death.

#27 Posted by Power NeXus (9855 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: She can't die. This is just the next best thing for her.
#28 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

Well anyone can die. duh.

But Jean HAS died only two times, and that wasn't one of them.

#29 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

She has died a few times now, hasn't she?

#30 Posted by kai1309 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean died 3 times 
1-When the Phoenix put her in that cocoon 
2- When wolverine killed her in The New X-men series when astroid M hit the sun 
3-When Xorn/Magneto loser killed her 
4-In Phoenix Endsong (I'm sorry to say but her going to the White Hot Room counts as a death) 
 
**Note:; Hope Summers is obviously Jean reincarnated but i dont think she will have Jean memories.I think SHE will become a comlpetely total different character and have a new personality. (KEEP IN MIND HOPE IS COMING BACK AT AGE 17 SO SHE'S NOT GONNA DIE NO TIME SOON)**
#31 Posted by Gold Dust Boi (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-men 101
Uncanny X-men 137
Uncanny X-men 281 - she may have gone to Emma's body but Jean actual body "died"
X-men Vol 2 150

#32 Posted by d0npierre (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@Defiant: If she'd be a magic card she'd have the ability regenerate by now. Cool.
#33 Posted by MadripoorEconomy (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah - Jean's only died once really - at the end of New X-Men.  The rest have been retconned.  And really - does it matter?  Her name is Phoenix!  I just hope (pun intended) that she is not coming back at the end of Second Coming in any form - or the Phoenix Force for that matter.  There are enough phoenix like red head characters running around as there is.

#34 Posted by mindbender (24 posts) - - Show Bio

so many  times i lost count
#35 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we counting by continuity or by complete total? 
this parody best express thee phoenix  

  

   

  

  

#36 Posted by 12346 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
i think 6 times if you do not count Endsong.

[B][URL="http://kickingsavings.in/"]jabong Coupons[/URL][/B]

#37 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

A bajillion million trilliron times this week

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.