Has there ever been a Phoenix/Galactus confrontation?

#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to get more acquainted with the cosmic side of Marvel (Nova, Thanos Imperative, Phoenix and X-Men arcs etc) and a nifty thought popped into my mind. I read that Dark Phoenix has the power to destroy planets without much effort. Does that put her on the same level as Galactus? More importantly, has there ever been a confrontation between the two?

Thanks for the help!

#2 Posted by The Myth (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Not between Jean and Galactus, but Rachel once fought Galactus with the power of the Phoenix Force and won!
#3 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes :-)

#4 Posted by The Myth (550 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks guys! So that's Rachel, not Jean?

#6 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, that's Rachel.

#7 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace
  Probably going to be the latter, but I'll ask anyway.  So was it completely one-sided, or did big G at least put up a decent fight?
#8 Posted by frozenedge (1147 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, it looks like the Grey women have once again destroyed the reputation of another great character. Good job you overpowered characters

#9 Posted by EmmaGrace (1023 posts) - - Show Bio
@CurbsideProphet: Well G was "hungry" at the time, which weakened him. Pretty sure she wooped him, but not positive. I haven't actually read this issue, so you might be able to find someone who knows it better. But I've seen it talked about a a a lot, and the general idea is Phoenix Force > Galactus. You can check out the battles thread for more information on that.
#10 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
@CurbsideProphet: Well G was "hungry" at the time, which weakened him. Pretty sure she wooped him, but not positive. I haven't actually read this issue, so you might be able to find someone who knows it better. But I've seen it talked about a a a lot, and the general idea is Phoenix Force > Galactus. You can check out the battles thread for more information on that.
Yeah she beat so bad he was near death at the end of their fight, he only lived because of speech he gave that showed her that her presence in the current universe was causing future generations to not be born so she left

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.